Really enjoying IL2.  I do hope/request the developers take a look at making encoders useful in the sim. I have a Virpil CM2 throttle which has encoder dials on the grip and base which are very useful in that other sim for things like gunsight range and wingspan.  But they are not useful in IL2.  I know they can be functional...they work fine in that other sim...quite easily--just assign and go. In IL2 I've had to use complex functions in JoyToKey to even get clunky, erratic functionality. 

Hope this functionality could be implemented in a future update. 

• Upvote 3

Encoders work fine in IL2 and Joy2Key. You just have to adjust the input delay in Joy2Key to get the desired effect for certain things. I have a GVL224 controller with multiple encoders that works great with the game, but yes, it does require some tweaking. 

Yes, JoyToKey is helpful.  But it shouldn't be necessary.  Even IL2 1946 and Cliffs of Dover work with encoders out of the box without the need for an external program.  That makes Falcon BMS, a sim based on a 1998 code, 1946 (2001), Cliffs of Dover, a decade old, and of course---DCS---which work effortlessly and natively with encoders.

Love the game---but a modern sim ought to work with modern hardware without such glitchy fiddling.

• Like 1

S! 

Just give same level of mapping functionality as in DCS and we do not need Joy2Key or Gremlin. Sure they are handy programs to an extent, but if you want to draw in more people to fly, the configuration must be straightforward, not rocket science.