Airfield Sounds.

This is a link to the sound effects Airfield Sounds posted by Gumpy in the SAS forums a few years ago. I always enjoyed them in IL2 1946 and I use them in BOS etc by playing them from my desktop and alt tabbing out to shut them off after takeoff. They give a nice little bit of airfield ambience. 

http://www.mediafire.com/?xarm8iksjsd0jot

Edited by sammydee
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

I play the sounds on my desktop audio player so they're running in the background when i start the game, then after takeoff I pause the game ,alt tab out to the desktop and turn the audio player off then return to the game, takes seconds to do.

• Thanks 1

You can use it as media at the start of the mission until you take off.

on ME, put a media start, play the audio and as you reach the take off point, put a trigger that end the media.

• Thanks 1

There used to be problems with adding audio in the ME, like not being able to pause the game and other weird things. Does anyone know if they are fixed?

I use VoiceAttack for in-game sounds, radio chatter and music etc. It's got quite powerful audio playback capabilities. Plus, you can use it to activate the wingmen commands menu or any other commands you want.

Regards,

• Thanks 1

You need a logic like:

Mission begin => timer 1s

=> play media

=> (in the same time) Timer xs (the media duration + 1s) => stop media

Then, your game will not be srewed up with pause unable etc.

• Thanks 3
29 minutes ago, DN308 said:

You need a logic like:

Mission begin => timer 1s

=> play media

=> (in the same time) Timer xs (the media duration + 1s) => stop media

Then, your game will not be srewed up with pause unable etc.

Good to know, thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, sammydee said:

I play the sounds on my desktop audio player so they're running in the background when i start the game, then after takeoff I pause the game ,alt tab out to the desktop and turn the audio player off then return to the game, takes seconds to do.

nice idea. I do something similar to have tiger33 flybysounds. You can put them in a soundboard or use voiceattack and bind the sounds to a key. Bind that same key to trigger flyby inside game and you got awsome flyby. Its not perfect obviously, you have to be within a certain range of speed to have the flyby sequense match the flyby sound but it so much better than the dull flyby sounds in il2.

• Like 1
On 1/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, sammydee said:

By doing it that way you can also use this website for some airfield ambience sounds:

https://www.avosound.com/en/sound-effects/search/ambience/airfield-ambience/

Contains piston engines with chirping birds in the background.

• Like 1