Jump to content

Just installed Steam Stalingrad and IL2 Normandy - HELP - is this normal???


Recommended Posts

Hi there,

 

I'm a longstanding flight simmer and started with the original IL2 on disc in 2004.  After a long gap I am returning to flight simming again and after dabbling in DCS (too hard to learn the modern jets!) and FS2020 I have just purchased IL2.

 

I bought the Battle of Stalingrad base edition on Steam just to check it worked on my I7-7700, 32GB, GTX1080 gaming rig - it does!)

I bought the Battle of Normandy Direct from the IL2 website (as my interest is primarily with the Western front flying Spits and Hurricaines!

 

I merged my Steam and IL2 accounts and all seems normal - the game lists both modules which seems fine (see images):

But only Stalingrad has missions - Normandy isn't even listed!

There is no Normandy theatre of war listed

All the campaigns seem to be locked out

 

So my question is should it be like this??  Why no Normandy missions or maps listed?

Basically I want to fly a Spit or Hurricaine out of the Southern UK - why can't I do that?
Do I need to do something to activate the Normandy package so my steam copy of U=

 

I would really appreciate any help you folks can offer as I'm keen to play the sim this weekend!

 

Happy New Year everyone,

 

Birdseed007

 

 

 

thumbnail_IMG20201231031139.jpg

thumbnail_IMG20201231031402.jpg

thumbnail_IMG20201231031321.jpg

thumbnail_IMG20201231031219.jpg

thumbnail_IMG20201231031158.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Birdseed007 said:

So my question is should it be like this??  Why no Normandy missions or maps listed?

 

Normandy is in Early Access. Consequently, the map and the majority of the content are not yet available. Expect to see it at some point in 2021.

 

Buying Normandy right now without owning Bodenplatte is not very practical because only the Bf 109 G-6 Late and P-47D-22 have been released.

 

Only owning Stalingrad and Normandy, the best you can do in Single Player is the Stalingrad Career.

 

15 minutes ago, Birdseed007 said:

Basically I want to fly a Spit or Hurricaine out of the Southern UK - why can't I do that?

 

To fly a Spitfire or Hurricane right now, you'd need to own Bodenplatte, Kuban, or the Hurricane or Spitfire V Collector Planes. Unfortunately, the Rhineland map is the closest you can get to England, but only if you own Bodenplatte.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Birdseed007 said:

Basically I want to fly a Spit or Hurricaine out of the Southern UK - why can't I do that?

 

1 hour ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

To fly a Spitfire or Hurricane right now, you'd need to own Bodenplatte, Kuban, or the Hurricane or Spitfire V Collector Planes. Unfortunately, the Rhineland map is the closest you can get to England, but only if you own Bodenplatte.

 

Birdseed007,  you can also try IL-2 Cliffs of Dover BLITZ (dedicated to the Battle of Britain), it's a different series (IL-2 DOVER SERIES), independent from IL-2 GREAT BATTLES

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for the replies guys - looks like I have dropped a real clanger there then!!  I will write to them I think and see if I can request a refund as basically for me it's sixty odd quid spent for nothing and I would rather spend the money on more useful campaigns like Bodenplatt etc. The Normandy page on their website was very misleading in leading me to think most of the campaign was there already!!

 

The Dover Battle of Britain module sounds perfect but am I correct that it doesn't work in VR,?  I have recently obtained a Quest2 and am loving the immersion of VR flight-sims!  No going back to 2D now lol!!

 

Many thanks for the advice so far,

 

Birdseed007

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Birdseed007 said:

The Dover Battle of Britain module sounds perfect but am I correct that it doesn't work in VR,?  I have recently obtained a Quest2 and am loving the immersion of VR flight-sims!  No going back to 2D now lol!!

 

 

Correct. Cliffs devs are working on VR implementation, but as of today, it's not there yet and it's going to take a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

The Dover Battle of Britain module

 

Watch out! This module has nothing to do with IL2 Great Battles - so before you purchase this, be aware that this module as you call it, won't show up

on your main game's screen of IL2 Great Battles. Just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

Many thanks for the replies guys - looks like I have dropped a real clanger there then!!  I will write to them I think and see if I can request a refund as basically for me it's sixty odd quid spent for nothing and I would rather spend the money on more useful campaigns like Bodenplatt etc. The Normandy page on their website was very misleading in leading me to think most of the campaign was there already!!

 

It does get difficult sometimes to assess what's been released and not when something is in early access. Bodenplatte would be a better buy right now for sure. The two will grow very well together (for example the P-47D-22 and Bf109G-6 Late that have been released are already in Bodenplatte campaigns) and we'll see a lot of progress this year but that is some time to wait for sure.

 

4 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

 

The Dover Battle of Britain module sounds perfect but am I correct that it doesn't work in VR,?  I have recently obtained a Quest2 and am loving the immersion of VR flight-sims!  No going back to 2D now lol!!

 

Many thanks for the advice so far,

 

Birdseed007

 

 

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is built on an different engine and is not compatible with what you've bought. It also doesn't have VR right now although it could in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys - going to go with Bodenplatt and hope that satisfies my Spitfire craving for a while.  Could have really done without wasting money on Normandy though - especially having just ordered a set of Thrustmaster TPR pedals to replace my word out 23 year old Thrustmaster Elite pedals..

 

Birdseed007

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Birdseed007 said:

Thanks guys - going to go with Bodenplatt and hope that satisfies my Spitfire craving for a while.  Could have really done without wasting money on Normandy though - especially having just ordered a set of Thrustmaster TPR pedals to replace my word out 23 year old Thrustmaster Elite pedals..

 

In order to make up for your loss (but in the long run, it won't be a loss), and to get you into both a Spitfire V and a Yak-7b (the Russian Spitfire), I just sent you a copy of Battle of Kuban. Enjoy!

  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cardboard_killer said:

 

In order to make up for your loss (but in the long run, it won't be a loss), and to get you into both a Spitfire V and a Yak-7b (the Russian Spitfire), I just sent you a copy of Battle of Kuban. Enjoy!

Wow Cardboard Killer, I actually can't believe this - your kind gesture has really really shocked me - you really are an absolute gent!!!  Never in over 30 years of gaming have I ever known a welcome like this.  You're so right, it absolutely has softened the disappointment - in fact it's made my New Year!!

Happy New Year to you and yours, what an incredible community this is!!  It's genuinely heartwarming, it really is. 

 

Birdseed007

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, migmadmarine said:

it does say early access on the box art:

 

I love this game, but IL-2's website is  . . . not good. There's no other way to describe it. It's outdated and neglected. I would hate to see any player quit it because he/she was confused by the English website. I won't say anything else as I don't want to criticize the company on their own forums over something I've spoken out before elsewhere.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

Thanks guys - going to go with Bodenplatt and hope that satisfies my Spitfire craving for a while.  Could have really done without wasting money on Normandy though - especially having just ordered a set of Thrustmaster TPR pedals to replace my word out 23 year old Thrustmaster Elite pedals..

 

Birdseed007

 

Normandy does look like it'll be worth it :) It should have more than half the aircraft out by summer... and it won't be any cheaper until late 2022-2023... so it probably isn't a waste... just it'll take a while for the rewards to come in.

 

If you can live with the fact that Cliffs of Dover hasn't had VR added (yet)... then I'd suggest you pick it up... it is your best chance to fly over England now (Bodenplatte won't give you that)! It is also very affordable.

 

...and try exploring Stalingrad (and maybe pick up a Collector Plane or two... there are some which are very good for having unique experiences that other aircraft can't give you - e.g. Hs-129 and U-2VS).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avimimus said:

...and try exploring Stalingrad (and maybe pick up a Collector Plane or two... there are some which are very good for having unique experiences that other aircraft can't give you - e.g. Hs-129 and U-2VS).

 

My opinion is that BoS is the best single module for plane mix, but Birdseed007 is looking for Spitfires. And who can blame him; it's a classic, great plane :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

 

My opinion is that BoS is the best single module for plane mix, but Birdseed007 is looking for Spitfires. And who can blame him; it's a classic, great plane :)

 

 

You are the sexiest man on this forum. And I have everything released so far, so I'm not fishing. 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

 

My opinion is that BoS is the best single module for plane mix, but Birdseed007 is looking for Spitfires. And who can blame him; it's a classic, great plane :)

 

 

 

 

You bethca, the Spit Mk IX is my favorite plane to date.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irishratticus72 said:

You are the sexiest man on this forum. And I have everything released so far, so I'm not fishing. 😂

 

Baby, I'm the sexiest everything on this forum. I'm that good.

Edited by cardboard_killer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

Happy New Year to you and yours, what an incredible community this is!!  It's genuinely heartwarming, it really is. 

 

Birdseed007

 

Happy New Year Birdseed!  Like you, I was an old IL-2 guy in the early 2000's until 2009 or so. Took a break for a while, and then played with RoF for a while. I haven't flown for a few years and took the plunge for a new PC and a gob of titles.

I think you'll find the crew around here, if they're anything like the guys over at the RoF forum (lots of the same people) are a pretty generous and helpful lot.

I know I've got my hands full right now trying to figure out CLoD-Blitz. I haven't even tapped my IL-2 BO(X) titles yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

 

Personality makes up for the poundage.

 

Know what fighter pilots and airline pilots use for birth control?

 

Their personality.

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

Wow Cardboard Killer, I actually can't believe this - your kind gesture has really really shocked me - you really are an absolute gent!!!  Never in over 30 years of gaming have I ever known a welcome like this.  You're so right, it absolutely has softened the disappointment - in fact it's made my New Year!!

Happy New Year to you and yours, what an incredible community this is!!  It's genuinely heartwarming, it really is. 

 

Birdseed007

 

 

In all of my years of gaming, this is the best and most generous community I've ever come across.

 

As much as you might be disappointed with your Battle of Normandy purchase, it will still be a must have by the time it comes out; we're simply at a stage where very little of it is available as much of it is halfway completed, but it won't be that way for much longer.  Over the next several months, many new planes will be released so in the end, I don't think you'll regret your purchase.

 

Either way, unless your budget doesn't allow for it, I HIGHLY recommend that you purchase the premium versions of Moscow and Bodenplatte, as they are currently on sale for amazingly low prices.

Edited by SCG_FeuerFliegen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to say that last night came the closest I have ever come to realising my dream of flying a Spitfire thanks to Cardboard Killer.  I've loved aeroplanes my whole life and from the age of 5 my Father who was cabin crew for BEA and British Airways would take me to airshows and airports plane-spotting.  We shared a love of old war movies too and all through my childhood we would sit and watch those films together - The Battle of Britain, 633 Squadron, The Dambusters and Reach for the Sky.  So from a very young age I was in love with R.J. Mitchell's masterpiece.

Firing up the Oculus Quest 2 and IL2 and selecting the Spitfire and finding myself actually sitting in one for the first time was an absolutely amazing feeling.  I think that's what makes VR so incredibly special - it makes you feel you really are inside the artificially recreated world, everything feels lifesize and everything feels real.  I savoured the feeling of just sitting there and examining the cockpit before firing up the beautiful beast.  I don't have toebrakes on my existing pedals and struggled with a couple of ground loops on the taxi out but eventually got to the runway and the sound of that fabulous engine as I rolled down the runway was incredible!  I was genuinely taken back by the performance - this is an extremely powerful and beautiful aeroplane and I had a great time in the air just getting the feel of what I could and couldn't do with her and at what point in a steep turn she would start to spin out.  In 2003/4 I did a midlife career change to become an airline pilot and was glad I had done some spin training in a Zlin - fortunately I haven't needed it in real life but I certainly needed it last night!!  It really brought home how incredibly brave those pilots were in WW2 and what an incredible aircraft the Spitfire is.  I haven't had much chance to fly her since as it was New years eve and I was dragged out of my sim-pit to sort out my 15 year old teen who is currently being difficult!  I'm certainly hoping to get back into the sim again later today - the whole thing really is a dream come true!

Inspired by my experiences last night I discovered two quite exceptional documentaries featuring the Battle of Britain and watched the first of these this morning.  It occured to me that there are many of you who would enjoy them too:

 

 

The second video is equally good:

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

Wow Cardboard Killer, I actually can't believe this - your kind gesture has really really shocked me - you really are an absolute gent!!!  Never in over 30 years of gaming have I ever known a welcome like this.  You're so right, it absolutely has softened the disappointment - in fact it's made my New Year!!

Happy New Year to you and yours, what an incredible community this is!!  It's genuinely heartwarming, it really is. 

 

 

You are 100% correct about this community here. It has an outstanding membership and you will find none better. Classy move by CK.

 

I'd recommend you hang on to your Battle of Normandy license though.  Planes are now starting to be released one by one and you can get familiar with them as they come out as opposed to watching from the sidelines. 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

I don't have toebrakes on my existing pedals and struggled with a couple of ground loops on the taxi out but eventually got to the runway and the sound of that fabulous engine as I rolled down the runway was incredible!  I was genuinely taken back by the performance - this is an extremely powerful and beautiful aeroplane and I had a great time in the air just getting the feel of what I could and couldn't do with her and at what point in a steep turn she would start to spin out. 

 

You actually don't need toe brakes on the spitfire. You have differential brakes controlled with the air pressure lever on the control column and your normal rudder pedals. I highly recommend getting a copy of a Spitfire flight manual if you really like flying it as much as I do.

 

Run your rudder trim all the way to the right and make sure you are at full propeller pitch to taxi, then just keep a bit or rpm so you have airflow over the tail and you won't loop.

 

I am about to post an updated version of my SAAF Kos Spitfire campaign to work with recent changes when you get your controls settled. It's designed to work best in VR. Have a look in the scripted campaigns forum in another day or 2.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if you want this you are welcome to it. A Spitfire Vb cheat sheet for your cockpit.

 

SpitVb_Specs.thumb.png.da1bfa40601aba60c21f61e7a89a97d7.png

 

Unzip it and put it here; IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\Planes\SpitfireMkVb\Textures

 

It will replace the girlie picture on your dashboard with all you need to know while flying the Spit in VR, just don't forget to open the radiator half way. 

Maximum power is 3000 rpm (prop pitch) at 16 lbs of boost (throttle). I think you have 5 minutes max at that setting

Combat power is 2850 rpm at 9 lbs of boost. Go to this when you see bogies

Normal cruise is 2650 rpm at 7 lbs of boost which should be about 240 mph ias

 

 

custom_photo.zip

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 1:37 PM, Birdseed007 said:

I savoured the feeling of just sitting there and examining the cockpit before firing up the beautiful beast.  I don't have toebrakes on my existing pedals and struggled with a couple of ground loops on the taxi out but eventually got to the runway and the sound of that fabulous engine as I rolled down the runway was incredible!

 

With the Spit you don't need toe brakes, just assign a button for wheel brakes and apply rudder when breaking, just like the real spit

 

On 1/1/2021 at 1:55 PM, Stoopy said:

I'd recommend you hang on to your Battle of Normandy license though.  Planes are now starting to be released one by one and you can get familiar with them as they come out as opposed to watching from the sidelines.

 

Hey Birdseed, what Stoopy said... I'm a Spitfire lover myself and I'm looking forward to developments in BON. If all goes well then the next plane released as part of Battle Of Normady 'Early Access' might well be the beastly brute, the Spitfire Mk.XIVc with a Rolls Royce Griffon and over 2000hp, with 150 octane fuel and 21lbs boost: perhaps 2,250hp.

 

Wellcome!

 

Algy-Lacey

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Algy-Lacey said:

 

With the Spit you don't need toe brakes, just assign a button for wheel brakes and apply rudder when breaking, just like the real spit

 

Ideally you'd have a trigger like axis that you'd pull with your last two fingers; the problem with having a button for brakes on planes like this is the fact that it's either 100% or 0% braking; nothing in-between.

 

 

2 hours ago, Algy-Lacey said:

Hey Birdseed, what Stoopy said... I'm a Spitfire lover myself and I'm looking forward to developments in BON. If all goes well then the next plane released as part of Battle Of Normady 'Early Access' might well be the beastly brute, the Spitfire Mk.XIVc with a Rolls Royce Griffon and over 2000hp, with 150 octane fuel and 21lbs boost: perhaps 2,250hp.

 

Yes- I wasn't even thinking about the Spitfire Mk. XIVc when I was mentioning that you'll probably want to keep Normandy; once that comes out, you'll laugh at the idea that you once wanted a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the encouragement folks - I'm going to keep Normandy!  The opportunity to fly out of the Southern UK over France and the Channel is just too good to miss!  Coupled with the Spitfire MkXIV I think there will be plenty to keep me occupied!

I can't wait for my Thrustmaster TPR pedals to arrive hopefully this week and yesterday I managed to secure an order for an RTX3080 to replace my GTX1080 which should arrive (along with the Reverb G2) towards the end of January.  That will mark the culmination of a very significant investment in flight simulation and gaming - but isn't that what 0% rate credit cards are for!!  I've been managing to optimise IL2 on my existing rig in VR thanks to some of the guidance on here and it's already very impressive but I can't wait to see what it's like when I finally have a rig that enables me to turn up all the eye candy!

 

I'm currently flying out of an Akers Barnes simpit I built around 10 years ago - it has served me well despite my meagre woodworking skills!!

 

 

 

 

thumbnail_IMG20201219184106.jpg

thumbnail_IMG20201219184048.jpg

thumbnail_IMG20201219184101.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice looking 'pit!  Mine's a chair fitted with a platform to mount the stick roughly where it should be, Saitek Throttle Quadrant is mounted to the desk

 

4 minutes ago, Birdseed007 said:

yesterday I managed to secure an order for an RTX3080 to replace my GTX1080 which should arrive (along with the Reverb G2) towards the end of January.

 

I'm actually green with envy 🤑 How much was the RTX 3080 if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the market for a graphics card for my new custom build rig. I'm looking at getting a 2080 ti 11Gb for about £600 - £700.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks Algy,

 

I like many people spent ages trying to find an RTX3080 to buy, and I'm hampered by having a small form factor case on my Alienware R6 Aurora which means only a very small number of RTX3080's will fit at all.  I wanted an Inno3D RTX3080 X2 because that is the most compact one available and would slot straight in but they are just totally unobtainable right now!  I messed around on Discord and Overclockers for most of the last month and just grew frustrated that I couldn't even pre-order anything!  I nearly bid on a scalper who was selling one on ebay and visited Currys PC World but they don't seem to stock graphics cards in their stores anymore (I visited the Guildford branch) and then the other day I discovered a new startup company near London.  I chatted with them online to make sure they were legit and they seem helpful.  They have a consignment coming in on 21st Jan and you can pre-order.  They claim to have enough to supply everyone who has ordered so far, so we just have to hope they are right!!  I am happy to PM you the link.  It remains to be seen if they can deliver on their promise!! 

 

The card I went for was the EVGA RTX3080 Gamer for £785.  It still won't fit in my case without me replacing the front case fan with a thinner one but there are already people on Reddit who have done that modification so I know it works.  It's an absolute mountain of money frankly (I think) for a graphics card, but VR has pushed me to do it and I hope the 3080 will be future proof as I tend not to upgrade very often but prefer to take bigger less frequent steps.  In short I need it to keep me satisfied for the next 3-4 years!  The 2080Ti is a card I didn't consider but seems pretty close to the 3080 so will be a formidable rig!

 

I must say though that I simmed on a desk for decades and building my own simpit has been one of the best things I have ever done for comfort.  It really does make a huge difference to be seated in the right position if you can afford the space.  Best of all even though I hate DIY I actually rather enjoyed spending a few cold nights in the garage cutting plywood and painting it.  The Akers Barnes is a superb design which requires no screws or bolts at all for assembly and the whole thing just slots together and is incredibly strong in use - I'm a fat middle aged bloke and its put up with my lardy ass on it for 10 years with no quibble!!  It's also incredibly cheap - a few sheets of plywood, a metal pole and some paint.  If you have the space to do it I can't recommend it enough.  I've also found I can leave my racing wheel on its wheelstand pro and still use my rudder pedals so although it is optimised for flying it works very well for driving sims too.

 

Hope that's helpful and good luck!

 

Birdseed007

 

 

 

 

Edited by Birdseed007
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Birdseed007 said:

I chatted with them online to make sure they were legit and they seem helpful.  They have a consignment coming in on 21st Jan and you can pre-order.  They claim to have enough to supply everyone who has ordered so far, so we just have to hope they are right!!  I am happy to PM you the link.  It remains to be seen if they can deliver on their promise!! 

The card I went for was the EVGA RTX3080 Gamer for £785.

 

Wow, that's a really good price! I just had a £555 offer of mine get refused on an RTX 2080 ti on Ebay. If they're currently selling at around the £650 mark I would consider spending an extra £135 and getting the same card as you for future proofing, as you say. I might just wait until the end of January and see if prices come down on the RTX 2080 ti. If I bought a RTX 3080 then my CPU (i5 9600k) and RAM speed (Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 Mhz) on my new PC (currently a stack of parts!) might hold performance back, if that makes sense. IL-2 in VR is very demanding on CPU.

 

If I want to splash out on a RTX 3080, the problem that I'm faced with is twofold: I have only a 700w Power Supply Unit and IIRC the RTX 3080 drains 300w +   Whereas the RTX 2080 ti only drains about 220w. Second: I bought a CPU and Motherboard bundle and the Motherboard (a Gigabyte Z390) supports PCI Express x16  3.0, but the RTX 3080 says it's compatible with PCI Express x16  4.0... can anyone tell me if they're backwards compatible?

 

With regards to the simpit, I only have a small-ish bedroom with furniture, so I need a computer desk that can also function as an imaginary cockpit, so I have to make do! It's actually quite good in VR, the Saitek Throttle Quadrant (which works great with 3 axes and 3 rocker switches) clamps to the edge of my desk and is just where the Spitfire throttle should be in relationship to my chair, which is just a wooden kitchen chair with a sheepskin for comfort and some bits of wood making a platform just above my lap so that the flight stick is at the right height and no too far forward. I would take some photos but the only camera I have is on my Nokia brick phone and it's awful.

 

Your simpit looks the dogs bollocks! I like the multi function display with green lights, and the panels of switches. I have 26 switches on my HOTAS and have managed to assign almost all of the necessary functions and axes, but it's not as realistic as your setup.

 

How do you rate the Thrustmaster pedals? I only have a twist stick for rudder at the moment and am thinking about getting some pedals and hear that Thrustmaster is the best budget option. I'd like to get the Virpil Ace Interceptor Pedals, but they're 300 Euro.

 

Thanks for letting me in on the GPU deal! Yes, please do PM me

 

Algy-Lacey :salute:

Edited by Algy-Lacey
Mustn't forget the sheepskins, period comfort!
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Algy-Lacey said:

Second: I bought a CPU and Motherboard bundle and the Motherboard (a Gigabyte Z390) supports PCI Express x16  3.0, but the RTX 3080 says it's compatible with PCI Express x16  4.0... can anyone tell me if they're backwards compatible?

 

Yes, you can run a PCIe 4.0 card on a PCIe 3.0 motherboard.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The store could be a little more obvious about the state of the game. The Box Cover does say "Early Access" but there isn't an indication of the current state. 

The write up has one sentence that indicate that it si in development, but it is subtle. Battle of Normandy will explore and recreate the drama as the Allies try to use airpower to secure the invasion beachhead and force a breakout to march towards Paris and Germany itself. 

 

Finally, at the very bottom it states; Buy now and take advantage of our Pre-Order discount ($10 OFF) and Early Access program - fly these planes as soon as they are ready!

 

The Store could provide information what is released or at least give an approximate date of completion. 

 

----

@Birdseed007 I showed my wife your rig. Quoting, "Any wife whose husband sits in that all day won't be happy."🤣

My wife doesn't understand the only difference between boys and men is men play with more expensive toys.  😎

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...