So that happened... I died.

I'm a rather casual player. I like playing careers and reviving when I die.

Obviously my pilot died of a heart attack in my last mission. Out of no-where, splat!, pilot dead, crash-boom.

No option to revive. Weird. Never happened to me before. 

As if the game said: "Nah, you're not doing this the correct way. I'll just casually kill you..."😂

After 10 kills took a direct hit from friendly AA while attacking enemy aircraft, plane just blew up. Would say no way for an ace to go but George Preddy died exactly the same way. Even the most accomplished pilots still lost their lives from mechanical trouble, freak accidents, weather, or the proverbial golden-BB, at least we get to restart. Every time I play the game I gain a whole new respect for those that actually flew these missions, what incredibly brave men and women.

• Like 4

I was flying on a server yesterday in a Me 110. Cruising in an area waiting for a posiible e/a that never came.

I did see some friendlies. Al of the sudden a message "radio/gunner dead".

So no dogfights, no damage to my plane and gone he is at some point .....

A little earlier someone must have hopped aboard as a gunner. Track showed opening and moving rear gun.

Airsickness got the better of him??

Me 110 mystery death gunner.png

Me 110 mystery death gunnerr.png

18 hours ago, twilson37 said:

...at least we get to restart. 

To my astonishment, I wasn't able to restart. I wasn't in a dogfight or even over enemy territory. 

Game said "Pilot died", plane crashed. Some weird menu behaviour and no option to restart. 

So, my take away from this: life sucks, then you die... *shrugs*

Edited by taikoJH

Most frustrating things are flying seriously in a server. Take the time doing it properly. Fly the plane in the longer route. Check your six every second and then get shot down by a friendly. After a bout an hour flight. And no sorry.  

This happen in a Tempest, JU 88, A 20 P 47

Never once a apology

21 hours ago, Heliopause said:

I was flying on a server yesterday in a Me 110. Cruising in an area waiting for a posiible e/a that never came.

I did see some friendlies. Al of the sudden a message "radio/gunner dead".

So no dogfights, no damage to my plane and gone he is at some point .....

A little earlier someone must have hopped aboard as a gunner. Track showed opening and moving rear gun.

Airsickness got the better of him??

Me 110 mystery death gunner.png

Me 110 mystery death gunnerr.png

Strange,  I had this happen a few days ago as well on the Finnish server.  Was thinking the same about the gunner, except mine probably got bored as I went for some rear area targets inducing a long flight without drinks service. 

Even worse, flying along happily getting my 98th kill, beeing promoted to commander of the unit. After the next mission only to be cort martialled, sentenced and executed for comitting "war crimes"!

Edited by FlyingH
  • Confused 2
On 12/31/2020 at 12:21 PM, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Most frustrating things are flying seriously in a server. Take the time doing it properly. Fly the plane in the longer route. Check your six every second and then get shot down by a friendly. After a bout an hour flight. And no sorry.  

Never once a apology

I’ve never flown with you but want to apologize in advance for accidentally shooting you down. 🙃

• Like 1
11 hours ago, FlyingH said:

Even worse, flying along happily getting my 98th kill, beeing promoted to commander of the unit. After the next mission only to be cort martialled, sentenced and executed for comitting "war crimes"!

See what happens when you even think bad thoughts (war crimes) about the dev's.  😬😉🤣

Whether you fly for Germany or Russia, you are flying for a dictator. Your men are probably very impressed with, and too loyal to you.  You are dangerous to the fearless leaders!

98 kills? They were probably jealous as well.

(I know I am)

• Haha 2
On 12/31/2020 at 11:21 AM, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Never once a apology

To you its proper and serious flying, something completely unknown and suspicious to both friend and foe.

• Upvote 1
On 1/1/2021 at 6:37 PM, FlyingH said:

That is something I never experienced in my careers. I made at least a few friendly kills every now and then, and failed missions are my middle name. Weird.

Started career as a 262 pilot... took off.. half hour through got double engine flame out.. dove to air start... success... right engine caught fire, left engine died again... dove to extinguish engine fire... left engine explodes?  Pilot killed .. plane hits ground...plane and right engine survives but still a blaze... 

this was my first mission. :) Can’t wait to give it another go 

if time is infinite and our time limited probably we are already dead

they should sell selfdestroyable games when you die, it also saves your ip so you dont cheat

• Like 1