Proper escape climb angle On 109 f4

So im fairly new to the game, about 400h in.  I know the f4 is the best climber, yet I keep getting pursue by russian and cant seem to outrun them when they have a slighty better energy level. I know im doing something wrong. So Heres my question whats is a proper angle to get aways. I have some succes with shallow climb, but I find them time consuming and not that effective. I read in many place that you could climb and turn to bleed energy from your opponnent and this is exactly what I cant do. They always seem to catch up when I try this tactic. So my question is this one: What is the best climbing speed at max combat throttle, wich in this case is 82%. I tend to climb at a steady 300-290 kph. Should I go steeper or shallower? should I conserve my speed for as long as I can? How should a properly turn in order to bleed the russian plane from their energy without compromising mine. 

You have the right idea. You need to gradually increase your climb to burn off your opponents energy while slowly initiating a turn. Its a slow process. This will draw them into a stall as they try to pull the nose up in a tighter turn.  Depending on the 109 I want to say you can do this as slow as 230 maybe even slower.  The objective is to get them to stall before you do so you can roll over and attack or fly off. Theres virtual no way to retain your energy through the maneuver. 

1 hour ago, JV44_Megla said:

You have the right idea. You need to gradually increase your climb to burn off your opponents energy while slowly initiating a turn. Its a slow process. This will draw them into a stall as they try to pull the nose up in a tighter turn.  Depending on the 109 I want to say you can do this as slow as 230 maybe even slower.  The objective is to get them to stall before you do so you can roll over and attack or fly off. Theres virtual no way to retain your energy through the maneuver. 

So the point is to remove any energy advantage, and then start a steeper climb in order to bring my oppenent to a stall. Im I correct?

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

So the point is to remove any energy advantage, and then start a steeper climb in order to bring my oppenent to a stall. Im I correct?

Yes, you kind of want to be adjusting your angle to maintain around the same airspeed, or slightly higher, as your opponent, that you can start to turn as he starts to struggle to hold his attitude.