Game version 4.505 discussion: Cockpits in 4K, I-16 in 4K, other changes

Just now, keeno said:

Amazing work......... the latest i16 looks incredible.

Thanks and Happy Near Year!

Mmm, taste is personal,  only  I would prefer to see all metal and not seeing green leftovers. 

Btw I do have now another updating, the hotfix.

Edited by Dutch2
1 hour ago, Dutch2 said:

Mmm, taste is personal,  only  I would prefer to see all metal and not seeing green leftovers. 

Btw I do have now another updating, the hotfix.

_HappyNewYear.thumb.jpg.213934075d157381cd7969dcc4604bde.jpg

Don't you think this looks beautiful?

29 minutes ago, keeno said:

_HappyNewYear.thumb.jpg.213934075d157381cd7969dcc4604bde.jpg

Don't you think this looks beautiful?

Yep it has been perfect painted by @ICDP only I think not the windscreen frame (not the stock)  to the fuselage, if you like that, its ok, but its not my taste, btw same to the tube at the wing. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Yep it has been perfect painted by @ICDP only I think not the windscreen frame (not the stock)  to the fuselage, if you like that, its ok, but its not my taste, btw same to the tube at the wing. 

Thank you for the kind words Dutch.  Regarding the green patch under the windshield, ironically I preferred it with that part in silver as well and my first versions were painted as such.  I deliberated quite a bit with that minor choice but ultimately gave in to what I can make out from a single historical image.

This particular aircraft was delivered in standard green and blue camo and was overpainted using silver dope.  I concluded that in this case they did not remove the windsheild during painting hence the green patch.  This seems to match the evidence from another silver I-16 from the same unit, which as you can see shows a darker part under the windscreen framing.  It also used the standard windshield rather than the one piece option, so the green patch matched the 3D model for that.

The pitot tube is on a separate texture form the main texture and painting it silver would make it silver for all aicraft.  So it was left in the standard green camo colour.

Please understand this is not be being all drama queen defending myself, just giving you a heads up on this particular I-16. 😀

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/i16/type24/type24.htm

24n6-10of116iap.jpg

Edited by ICDP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the explanation, I never fly with the stock windshield because I dislike the 2D rivets in the frame, (when using VR).

This new model is indeed perfect made, and I will explain also why, only keep in your mind; when flying in VR.

Normally most skinners do have difficulties when using bare metal, it shines with pink fuzzy spots, rather unrealistic, or spots on the wing that supposed to be wear, are transformed by them into fuzzy 2D surfaces. Maybe perfect for the monitor but are looking terrible when using VR. 

Another point I do like in your skin are the panels on the wing & rivets, when moving the wings, you see them as 3D objects, small little details that separate the skinner boys from the skinner masters. 

Thanks for making all the 4K’s 

Edited by Dutch2

4K cockpits in VR are very nice.  Also feels like with me, the world view and external aircraft are looking sharper as well.

A beautiful update and a great end to the year which although difficult in many ways, has seen great improvements to the Il2 series.

Thank you Devs and Happy New Year to all.

24 minutes ago, Dutch2 said:

Thanks for the explanation, I never fly with the stock windshield because I dislike the 2D rivets in the frame, (when using VR).

This new model is indeed perfect made, and I will explain also why, only keep in your mind; when flying in VR.

Normally most skinners do have difficulties when using bare metal, it shines with pink fuzzy spots, rather unrealistic, or spots on the wing that supposed to be wear, are transformed by them into fuzzy 2D surfaces. Maybe perfect for the monitor but are looking terrible when using VR. 

Another point I do like in your skin are the wing rivets, when moving the wings, you see them as 3D objects, small little details that separate the skinner boys from the skinner masters. 

Thanks for making all the 4K’s 

Here is a version with the area painted silver.  You will need mods on for it to replace the stock version.

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/YTAmPofGXC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got some time to play this surprise update.

Naturally I'll just focus on the eye-candy - I had been putting off playing with the 4K cockpits in mod-enabled world so as to not spoil myself and miss them when playing online.

All I can say is I wish the team's cooperation with @Oyster_KAI is long and bountiful, this is really beautiful work.

1 hour ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear friends,

Another hotfix is on, hopefully it will maximize your quality of sim life in the New Year eve.

1. Saved zoom value in a cockpit snap view won't reset in multiplayer;
2. Tank commander of the free T-34 STZ tank has binoculars;
3. Damaged T-34 STZ tank tracks will be shown correctly;
4. T-34 STZ and Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L free tanks look correctly from a distance when damaged;
5. Sturmjaeger Fw 190 A-8 modification has correctly looking cockpit side windows;
6. Sopwith Camel left aileron control wire looks correct.

Lightning fast! Thanks and have a good start into 2021!

36 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Suti79 said:

I've updated 2 days ago 4.505

than yesterday got some update...okay.

now I've got an infinite down loop... started 366 Mb... than when it's finished add an another 366 Mb...

I've deleted the update folder, after analyse the same "error"...

any idea? 

Képernyőkép 2020-12-30 202756.png

Képernyőkép 2020-12-30 202733.png

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Képernyőkép 222.png

2 hours ago, -[HRAF]Suti79 said:

I've updated 2 days ago 4.505

than yesterday got some update...okay.

now I've got an infinite down loop... started 366 Mb... than when it's finished add an another 366 Mb...

I've deleted the update folder, after analyse the same "error"...

any idea? 

Képernyőkép 2020-12-30 202756.png

Képernyőkép 2020-12-30 202733.png

did you start your game after each update?

On 12/29/2020 at 9:04 PM, Dutch2 said:

It's quite a lot of wood, actually. Most of the fuselage and some of the wings are wood. The silver was painted on.

49 minutes ago, Danziger said:

It's quite a lot of wood, actually. Most of the fuselage and some of the wings are wood. The silver was painted on.

I was referring to something different, which I name this “green leftovers” but its already been solved and explained. 

• Like 1

The new textures for the planes are amazing, thank you. I want to also say how much I appreciate the added touches made to the free tanks. I do use the free vehicles a lot, so thank you again. This update should go a long way in showing how responsive and committed the Dev team is to the IL2 community they have created. Thanks for being there.   

• Upvote 1
  • Han unpinned this topic