Game version 4.505 discussion: Cockpits in 4K, I-16 in 4K, other changes

• 1CGS
1 minute ago, Han said:

Dear friends,

The IL-2 Sturmovik development team wishes you the best in the coming year and has a small gift for you - another update. It includes the work of the community enthusiast Chiawei =Oyster_KAI= Liang who agreed to work with us more closely and make his textures even better to be included in the sim officially. All the player controllable aircraft in this update have their cockpit textures considerably upscaled and sometimes corrected, resulting in a much better look of their cockpits. At the same time, Martin =ICDP= Catney has finished working on the external textures of another plane - this time it is I-16 - and they look great. There are many other fixes and improvements you can see in the changelist below.

Happy New Year and best of luck to you in 2021!

News on 4.505 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 21
  • Thanks 19
  • Upvote 8
  • Han pinned this topic

Great to see the 4k cockpit skins made it into the official game!

Also nice to see this one fixed, it was annoying in MP servers since as a bomber you could be seen from miles and miles away:

On A-20B bombers, problems with ANOs and bomb bay tail signal lamp at long LODs have been fixed.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Finally they listen us, Oyster did an amazing [Edited] job to not integrateing in the game, I am really glad that his job was integrated on the game, he deserve that recognition.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language

Thanks for including the 4k cockpit update that Oyster_KAI did such amazing work on (and thanks to Oyster).  The cockpits look amazing!  I was hoping you would integrate this mod into the game.  

I really apricate the ongoing improvements you are making and how well you respond to the community.  It is truly amazing the level of growth and enhancement in BOX since 2014 (which is why I buy every product you release).   

• Upvote 2

It’s really great to see the developers recognize members of this community that are talented and willing to improve this sim in better and better ways.  To me that says a great deal about where this sim will go in the future ... a true partnership between the community and the developers!  KUDOS and a Happy New Year to all.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7
  • 1CGS
8 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

It’s really great to see the developers recognize members of this community that are talented and willing to improve this sim in better and better ways.  To me that says a great deal about where this sim will go in the future ... a true partnership between the community and the developers!  KUDOS and a Happy New Year to all.

We only work with those that show professionalism and have the ability to listen to and work with the team. It's a select few. I've been in contact with Oyster for months. We finally had time to work with him and squeeze this in before the end of the year. Now he has a history with us, much like ICDP does, and some others who we can count on. 

Jason

• Like 17
  • Thanks 10
  • Upvote 18

Just been out for a quick spin in the Fw190-A8...

All the updates we got this year are just mind blowing. The sim is looking amazing.

What an amazing Christmas present from the devs, and for all their outstanding work this year.

I was going to pass on the the collector ground vehicles until there is a sale (money is pretty tight these days), but nah i got to buy them now and show some love back. 

I absolutely love this sim! 

Super work guys, I can't thank you enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Han unpinned this topic