Alright, here's a problem I cannot figure out. My view in IL2 is skewed. It's a lot like looking at a screen at an angle, like this:

0 = = = = /

( 0 represents me from the top down, the "=" shows my line of sight, and the / is the view from my perspective.)

See the attached screenshot. You can also notice the problem by looking at the reflector sight, and you will see how much of the sight is visible behind the End Mission screen. 

I do not have this issue in DCS or any other VR application, so it seems to be IL2 specific. It's like something in IL2 assumes my eyes are oriented differently than usual. 

Any ideas? Thank you!

-Highwayman

Dist.JPG

Edited by TheHighwayman

Have you

1.  Centered your G2 to seated position

2.  Adjusted your seated position in game and saved with the F10 command?

(a) to align, move your head with VR on until centered in gun sight and hit F10.

My G2 works perfectly. I think this is a simple fix for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if the selection between SteamVR and OpenXR runtime may affect this (check SteamVR developer settings).

Other than that, make sure to have selected: 1080p, high visual quality, 90Hz, max resolution in the WMR settings. Then delete environmental data once and restart. Gl

5 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

I wonder if the selection between SteamVR and OpenXR runtime may affect this (check SteamVR developer settings).

Other than that, make sure to have selected: 1080p, high visual quality, 90Hz, max resolution in the WMR settings. Then delete environmental data once and restart. Gl

Please, could you explain "I wonder if the selection between SteamVR and OpenXR runtime may affect this (check SteamVR developer settings)." further?

Found a solution from another thread (

Windows Settings > Mixed Reality > Headset Display: "Experience Options" to "Best visual quality".

I also set Resolution to "Automatic upscaling (best performance)"