Cambrai 1917 Scripted Campaign

Hi All,

Is anybody else having trouble with the campaign after the most recent update? when selecting the campaign I get to the menu screen for selecting the mission and I'm seeing text mission is loading and thats as far as it gets. 

regards Rob. 

6 minutes ago, Off_Winters said:

Hi All,

Is anybody else having trouble with the campaign after the most recent update? when selecting the campaign I get to the menu screen for selecting the mission and I'm seeing text mission is loading and thats as far as it gets. 

regards Rob. 

Hi Rob,

The missions have yet to be updated to the current game version by the author.

You can either wait or get them working yourself by following the steps in the post below: (Credit to Stoopy for the instructions!):

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

Hi Rob,

The missions have yet:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll resave them tonight after work.

regards Rob.

Hello.

I have tried what is said in that thread and it does not work for me.

If I delete the campaign and reinstall, would it work, even if I start the campaign from scratch?

Or if there is someone so kind to post the campaigns adapted to a new update ...

Greetings.

3 hours ago, dresamAsam71 said:

Hello.

I have tried what is said in that thread and it does not work for me.

If I delete the campaign and reinstall, would it work, even if I start the campaign from scratch?

Or if there is someone so kind to post the campaigns adapted to a new update ...

Greetings.

Caused by the latest game update. Open the missions in the mission editor and resave.

40 minutes ago, dresamAsam71 said:

Hol

Hi, that's what doesn't work.

Greetings.

Did you first delete the .msnbin file? You need to. First delete the .msnbin file, then load the .mission file and resave.

You should'nt have to delete anything, you can delete the .msnbin file and it will rebuild it, it just takes a bit longer to save the mission file. but you do not have too.

Not sure how your trying to re-save the file, but its under the tool section in the mission editor, its not under file open file, save as, as such.

use the function highlighted below and navigate to the folder that contains the mission you want to work on. I resaved the entire Cambrai 1917 campaign in one go. took about 3 minutes to do.

regards Rob.

image.thumb.png.7a568429c27d2a8b922d345ca073fb0c.png

Edited by Off_Winters
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Off_Winters said:

You should'nt have to delete anything, you can delete the .msnbin file and it will rebuild it, it just takes a bit longer to save the mission file. but you do not have too.

You do if you resave them one-by-one. The Mission Editor actually loads the .msnbin (if present) instead of the .mission file, so it'll crash if you try to load an old mission file.

Still, with your Resave All Missions in Folder option (I didn't know of it, thanks!), that shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Hi All, sorry I've been away for the last couple of weeks and didn't see the IL2 update until now.  I'll update the campaign and post a current version for download soon.  

Best.

• Like 1
On 4/29/2021 at 6:58 AM, gagood17 said:

Hi All, sorry I've been away for the last couple of weeks and didn't see the IL2 update until now.  I'll update the campaign and post a current version for download soon.  

Best.

Just posted updated campaign files.  Sorry about the delay.  Thanks @Off_Winters for posting the DIY solution!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1