Jumping Tanks after last Patch

1./JG42flesch

1./JG42flesch

After the last Patch the Tanks are extremly jump, wobble and bouncing by drive over Terrain!

Did not one of the Admins who has a hint off Tanks, look this bevore they made this in an offizielly Patch?

Tanks with 25-56 Tons (Real) bounce around like Rubber Balls!

This looks so BS!

I hope for Future, they made this undone.

• Upvote 2
LachenKrieg
2 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

After the last Patch the Tanks are extremly jump, wobble and bouncing by drive over Terrain!

Did not one of the Admins who has a hint off Tanks, look this bevore they made this in an offizielly Patch?

Tanks with 25-56 Tons (Real) bounce around like Rubber Balls!

This looks so BS!

I hope for Future, they made this undone.

Hi @1./JG42flesch, I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with the latest patch. Can you post a video of your game session? I would really like to see an example of it.

Voidhunger

In reality you will drive slowly offroad and not at full speed. Slowdown and tanks are not jumpy. Its not possible to model everything.

I think its possible to limit offroad speed( or gears), but there will always be someone who doesnt like it.

LachenKrieg

I think it's worth pointing out that the vehicles modeled in Tank Crew are done extremely well. You will be hard pressed to find a more accurate and detailed model of the WWII AFV's included in Tank Crew, especially in regards to their power-trains and running gear.

It would be very tedious work to try and confirm all the topographical data modeled into the map terrains, and I am assuming that the Dev's had a credible source to rely on. But the real vehicles themselves would react pretty much the same way if driven over the same type of terrain we have modeled in Tank Crew.

There are lots of first hand accounts from the crews that actually manned these machines, and from what I understand, 20kph was a very good speed to be able to maintain on the march in a Tiger going cross-country. As a test, anyone interested should try driving around the different winter maps. What I am seeing is a speed between 15 and 20kph on the flat terrain of winter maps like Lapino and Moscow. So it doesn't seem that far out of wack to me.

Remember that in all of the WWII tanks modeled in Tank Crew, the preferred method of targeting an enemy was from a stand still. All of the ballistics/penetration and accuracy data we read about is taken from shoots fired in a standing position. It should be no surprise that the gunner is unable to target anything while the tank is hauling _ss cross country, because that's how it was in real life.

• Like 1