Any change to see Lydia Litvyak & Budanova in PWCG

1 hour ago, Dutch2 said:

Yep I know but any plans for introducing her? 

I usually count on others to help me out on these.  Too much for me to tackle alone.  I need every victory on every date - victory details don't have to be exact.  Date is most important.  That and every award she received and the date.  Accurate is best but, once again, I can fudge it a bit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Accurate is best but, once again, I can fudge it a bit.

Pat - Is Wikipedia acceptable for this information?  It seems that there are still many questions surrounding her (including whether she may have even survived the war), but it does give a list/table of potential victories with dates and type of a/c.  The awards are there, but without dates, so I suppose you could add those in line with how you would award them to a player pilot. 

Just a thought...but I agree with @Dutch2 that it would be nice to see her photo added as a bit of an "Easter Egg" among the other Soviet Historical Aces you have added.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Varibraun said:

Pat - Is Wikipedia acceptable for this information?  It seems that there are still many questions surrounding her (including whether she may have even survived the war), but it does give a list/table of potential victories with dates and type of a/c.  The awards are there, but without dates, so I suppose you could add those in line with how you would award them to a player pilot. 

Just a thought...but I agree with @Dutch2 that it would be nice to see her photo added as a bit of an "Easter Egg" among the other Soviet Historical Aces you have added.

Close enough is close enough,

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 11:19 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

I usually count on others to help me out on these.  Too much for me to tackle alone.  I need every victory on every date - victory details don't have to be exact.  Date is most important.  That and every award she received and the date.  Accurate is best but, once again, I can fudge it a bit.

Check both versions because its already been made by @[Pb]Cybermat47 and @MarcoPegase44 incl the photo, see both links,   it only needs to be transferred from #2 to the #11.8 version.  I did notice that there not quite equal about the date they are using. Have the Lydia book so I can check about date/squadron/claims, to check who is right Cybermat or Marco.  Can help but only if my effort will be picked up. 

Think the worst would be the squadrons as there is not any squadron where Lydia did serve in PWCG11.8 let me know if you are willing to impementate Lydia squadrons if not, its also ok, knowing I do not go further. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Upvote 1

I did check the new PWCG program method as Pat is now being used, think I can handle that same as I did on his old RoF PWCG when I did introduce lots of Belgium famous pilots.

1. First I have to collect the date as according my Lydia Litvyak Ebook.
  2. Then I need from @[Pb]Cybermat47 permission to use his files as an base.
  3. Doing the update to the new program methodology and correct some date to the right one.
  4. Introduce 3 new YAK1, fighter-groups as they are not in PWCG right now, never done this and I do not know if I can do this without CG conflicts.  I will not use the 586th, but concentrate to 437th, 9th guard and the 296th (73th guard) and skip airfields that are not programmed into PWCG. Or an member should help inhere, by creating these new CG airfields.
  5. Need testers and help from interested members if needed to debug.   

Edited by Dutch2
  • Like 1

New folder (2).zip

Ok dit do an copy paste from the Normandie-Nieme Squadron, and made the Lydia.txt only appearance in the 296th but PWCG does not recognizes  the Lydia.txt and generate a failure as I included the Lydia.txt.  So to make this to work you have to select the NN tag when creating a 296 campaign.

Can somebody check what wrong inhere.  

Btw, I did use the Cybermat as an base for the data, but later if I can make it all working I will change that to the facts from my Ebook. 

Edited by Dutch2
3 hours ago, Cathaoir said:

@Dutch2  you need to change the  "serialNumber": 101006, to 101007 as she is the seventh USSR ace... also I believe the bf-109 kills should be me-109. Was not able to get yours to work....try this one

Lydia Litvyak.zip 944 B · 0 downloads

Thanks, the 101007 trick I already did that with no effect same as deleting the original nr 101006 as this an copy paste from pilot nr 101006. I will try yours. Be aware when trying to start you have to create the campaign in the Normandie Niemen group as this squadron I did use is an copy paste from the NN group. 

If I do get these two files up and running I can make the whole 3 Squadrons history complete including the other ace: Yekaterina Vasilyevna Budanova.txt

Edit: I do not know exact what I have changed in you file, the 27th to the 296th and she now shows up in the 296th. Did keep the "Me-109", but its very strange because other aces do use the "Bf-109" 

image.jpeg.623fe3bb68c429963cc894d4bd5398a7.jpeg

Edited by Dutch2
2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@Dutch2

I will get her into the next release.  Thanks.

Wait I'm not finished because the .txt is still in a rudiment phase pure to check if its working, and as it seems it does work. Next weekend it will be finished included Budanova.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

@Dutch2

I will get her into the next release.  Thanks.

I do not know what is wrong but there is an bug in the squadron file, I do hope you can find this. I have read 3 Ebooks on these Russian pilots and its very difficult to get the real figures. Also the claims and the date are not equal.  One book is telling Budanova was ending as an Captain, so I give here this rank at the end. 

The data for the airfields names are c/p from mr Cybermat, same as all the data I could not trace.  For the La7 I did use the La5FM and Lydia's Yak1M is the Yak1b-127 as  alternative.  Can not find any plane info on Budanova.

Lydia's plane skins can be found at:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/42650-raptorattackers-skinhouse/page/14/?tab=comments#comment-989955

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26456-yak-1b-series-127-skins/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-1001199

from the Russian forum:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2uuj4k5lwd3n27o/Yak1s69_73IAP_Litvyak.dds/file  by @Reflected

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x6ap6z4v8v43905/BoS_Yak1s69_41-49_foxbatRU_4k.zip/file @FoxbatRU

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/TSBQ/5Fp3RoJpe  @KOHTYP

@PatrickAWlson  if you like I can contact these skin maker for the use in PWCG, or the skinners are reply self.  maybe @Raptorattacker can make the white Yak1-69 to get it complete 😇 ,    Patrick, please let me know if needed more specific info.

Командир звена 73-го гв.иап младший лейтенант Лидия Литвяк - Победы и поражения Лидии Литвяк | Warspot.ru1_1.jpg

Squadron.zip

Aces.zip

Edited by Dutch2
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

@Dutch2

Let me know what you're after (pictures if possible?) and I'll see what I can do?... PM is the best way because things can tend to 'disappear' in the Forums!

Rap

:thank_you:

The #32 winter skin is already in the official skins as the "yak1s69_skin_03",  sorry I did not see that in the 1C skin reader

Edited by Dutch2

@Dutch2 it will be  a little while before I can pull that change and incorporate it.,  I am working on the inclusion of structures as targetable items and it is a significant change.  I need to finish that before adding the next bit of work in progress.  I will pull your files next.

• Like 3

Yep, but for me its not to understand what he is saying, must be interesting I suppose. 

But with that voice around 2:20 in this video about the Night Witches I do not care.  🌚

Edited by Dutch2

Got Lydia in.  Squadron assignments are not accurate because I don't have the units that she flew in.  I put her into units that match the plane and quality level of her career.  I also do not start her career until Sept 1942, as she only scored her first victory on on Sept 13.  Brief time in Laggs with the 27th fighter regiment.  Moving from there to the 233rd in Yaks.  Ending her career with the 45th Guards flying the P39.

Used this as a reference:

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/life-of-lydia-litvyak.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most of my Lydia and Budanova is from 3 Ebooks about those brave Soviet woman pilots. The whole problem is lots of Soviet registration is being polluted by propaganda. Some claim it was Budanova was the leading ace, but she lost it to Lydia, because Budanova did not have the looks. 

Anyway thanks and I will try it out next weekend, after a week of hard working. 

Keep in your mind Lydia was a full-time Yak girl, that transfers if a squadron was re-equipped with others type of planes. 

4 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Most of my Lydia and Budanova is from 3 Ebooks about those brave Soviet woman pilots. The whole problem is lots of Soviet registration is being polluted by propaganda. Some claim it was Budanova was the leading ace, but she lost it to Lydia, because Budanova did not have the looks. 

Anyway thanks and I will try it out next weekend, after a week of hard working. 

Keep in your mind Lydia was a full-time Yak girl, that transfers if a squadron was re-equipped with others type of planes. 

She was in LaGGs very early, but only for a very short time.  The link above seems to indicate that she went to a P39 unit in 1943.  That surprised me and might not be accurate.  If that is not correct I will put her back in Yaks.

Just read Wiki: her old unit reequipped with P39s and she moved to a new unit to continue flying Yaks.  I will fix that.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, JG51-Hetzer said:

If we update the generator to a newer version does it wipe out any existing campaign in progress?

No.  I try very hard to maintain backwards compatibility.  11.9.0 will be backwards compatible.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

She was in LaGGs very early, but only for a very short time.  The link above seems to indicate that she went to a P39 unit in 1943.  That surprised me and might not be accurate.  If that is not correct I will put her back in Yaks.

Just read Wiki: her old unit reequipped with P39s and she moved to a new unit to continue flying Yaks.  I will fix that.

No the 437 was a mixed plane squadron, the girls did keep there brand new Yak1 from the all female 586, that  btw did also have an onboard radio.

Also interesting to see how many aces were in the 9th guards. 

If you like I could sent you the Ebooks, very interesting.