Annual Winter Sale is On! 25% - 85% Savings!!! (Webstore and Steam)

Hello team.

Is there a way for me to tell that I've already purchased something in the store? Now it all looks the same and after so many years of supporting the team, I sometimes forget what I have and have not (my old memorie isn't helping either). I remember in ROF I could see the things I had and had not in my possession.

Anyway: Merry Christmas and a great 2020 for y'all. 

1 hour ago, Bando said:

Hello team.

Is there a way for me to tell that I've already purchased something in the store? Now it all looks the same and after so many years of supporting the team, I sometimes forget what I have and have not (my old memorie isn't helping either). I remember in ROF I could see the things I had and had not in my possession.

Anyway: Merry Christmas and a great 2020 for y'all. 

Go to your account and you can see everything you've purchased. If you already have something it won't allow you to re-purchase it unless as a "Gift".

Got myself Flying Circus vol. II. Yeah!!

Can't wait to spread some Christmas cheer over German cities with my Handley Page O/400... 🎅

8 hours ago, JG51-Hetzer said:

Go to your account and you can see everything you've purchased. If you already have something it won't allow you to re-purchase it unless as a "Gift".

In the web store they ought to show on the pages of various products if we already have bought it or not. Would be helpful for us forgetful stogies. 

• Upvote 1

Before being "enlightened" here I bought all of my IL 2 on Steam (ROF, Flying Circus, BOS, Great Battles)  With the sale going on I was thinking of getting Moscow and Bodennplatte.  My first thought was to just blow out my Steam stuff and re-buy it all direct.  Although will the games bought directly be compatible with what I have already from Steam?  Pretty damn confused about it all! lol

Edited by Fritz_Fagioli
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Fritz_Fagioli said:

Although will the games bought directly be compatible with what I have already from Steam?

Yes they will.  Steam and website products are identical.  Steam is just an intermediary and as such take a small piece of every purchase.  Sometimes Steam puts things up a little later than they are available here.

You can link your Steam account to the web store and buy from here if you want.  I'd recommend it.

Steam's one advantage as far as I can tell is if there is an update they will do it for you automatically.  However I prefer to do it myself.  That way I can save certain files before the update in the unlikely event the update causes me to lose my joystick settings or graphics settings.  That though is unusual.  However if you use mods it's best to unload them before an update and reinstall.  Some things get "broken" with an update.

Personally I have bought all my IL-2 products directly from here to maximize the money going to the Development Team.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fritz_Fagioli said:

Ughhh I think I'll just stay with the Steam. Seems like the old "if it aint broke dont fix it' kind of deal.  Thanks though.

I bought BoS and some planes on Steam when I started - trying to migrate to just IL-2 but it might turn out to be too much trouble. Don't mind spending a little money to re-buy, but I won't re-buy everything. Shame it isn't easier to make the switch, though I understand why Steam wouldn't want to do it. If it were up to me, there'd be a big sticky somewhere (probably already is) warning new players about the down side of purchasing from Steam - your purchases don't show here in the forums for example.

I think the fact that I'm willing to re-buy anything shows how much I'm enjoying this game and this community. And maybe how OCD I can be...

Edited by DaveLang2907

I agree with your statement! I had no idea about all that when I bought from Steam initially.  In fact I thought it was the only way.   I'm not as serious as most here probably but i do love WW I and WW II aviation so much I might be easily be swayed to re-buy it! lol

Edited by Fritz_Fagioli
30 minutes ago, DN308 said:

What makes me saddest is that I don’t have anything left to buy

Looking at your badges it appears you don't have Battle of Stalingrad, (64.62 FRF), Battle of Moscow (107.73 FRF)  or Battle of Kuban (also 107.73 FRF).

There's much goodness in those titles and will they will help you round out your flight experience and help support the game..

43 minutes ago, Beebop said:

Looking at your badges it appears you don't have Battle of Stalingrad, (64.62 FRF), Battle of Moscow (107.73 FRF)  or Battle of Kuban (also 107.73 FRF).

There's much goodness in those titles and will they will help you round out your flight experience and help support the game..

Badges don't appear if you buy a title on Steam. I don't have a Stalingrad tag because that's where my copy is (I had no idea there was a standalone client at the time)

Personally, my problem is I've run out of friends that I can convince to learn to fly ancient fighters

I’ve bought BoS, BoM and BOP on Steam (was not aware that there is possibily to but directly and time of purchase). I’d like to buy BoBP and some collector planes to take advantage of the ongoing sale. If I will buy it directly will it work or should I buy from Steam?

1 hour ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Badges don't appear if you buy a title on Steam.

This is something that should be addressed in my opinion.  One should be able to display ALL the content they have purchased.  If Steam needs to feed it's ego then let them put a small Steam logo next to the badge.  Conversely IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles should provide the owner with a badge for purchased content even if they get it from Steam.

2 Kopecks from me.

2 hours ago, Beebop said:

Nope. I have them (BoS is mandatory for the others).

I just have bought BoS, BoM, BoK after the pre-release. BoS is coming from a hard copy, not even from Steam. That’s why I don’t have the badges. So simple.

if I tell you I don’t have a simple thing to buy, trust me. I am so eager to find something new to fly, I would have bought it instantly 

Edited by DN308

All modules work independently of each other.  However, apparently if you buy on Steam you must have BoS first.  (silly in my opinion , that;'s why I didn't buy through them).

You can link your Steam account to the games store and buy other titles and content from here directly without having to go through Steam.

And yes, BoM will work.  The map is interesting if a bit boring to the West (steppe country) but the plane set is worth the price if you ask me.

Edited by Beebop
1 hour ago, Beebop said:

Tutti i moduli funzionano indipendentemente l'uno dall'altro. Tuttavia, a quanto pare se acquisti su Steam devi prima avere BoS. (sciocco secondo me, ecco perché non ho comprato tramite loro).

Puoi collegare il tuo account Steam al negozio di giochi e acquistare altri titoli e contenuti direttamente da qui senza dover passare attraverso Steam.

E sì, BoM funzionerà. La mappa è interessante anche se un po 'noiosa per l'Ovest (steppa) ma il set dell'aereo vale il prezzo se me lo chiedi.

Thank you.  I just have a doubt about my PC's ability to support Bom.  In Bos I have to put everything low because my CPU (i5 2400) is the bottleneck.  Despite this the simulator runs smoothly.  Do you know where I can find information and opinions on the characteristics of the PC to run Bom with dignity?

All the Battle modules use the same engine. The only difference can be the size and detail of the map, some of which take more memory. If you can run BoS, you will be able to run BoM at the same graphic level.

Note that all the modules are downloaded together. If you only paid for BoS, you can only access BoS, but BoM is still there, already on your computer.

31 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

Tutti i moduli di battaglia utilizzano lo stesso motore. L'unica differenza può essere la dimensione e il dettaglio della mappa, alcuni dei quali richiedono più memoria. Se puoi eseguire BoS, sarai in grado di eseguire BoM allo stesso livello grafico.

Notare che tutti i moduli vengono scaricati insieme. Se hai pagato solo per BoS, puoi accedere solo a BoS, ma BoM è ancora lì, già sul tuo computer.

Thanks for the reply.  It is comforting to know that the bom module will not take up any more space and that the required level of performance is the same.  Among other things I have also already bought the Mc202 and Bom is its ideal context.