Feelin' kinda like Mister Magoo in VR...

I can not really tell you the difference , course I almost always have both at once ...so 

But I have the big one ... Bought used and amp broken , and then a  cheap amp from China 'wish'  I donno wether it's the same power out ( they are both 200w ...but ... ) 

I don't need the motor rumble to be so noticed , but I just wanna little bit - but I really like the damage to be at high level 

About upset I have 3 soundcard , I use the intern sound in pc MB to my reverb G1 and then I have 2 outside - 1 for my speakers and one for my butt- rumble 

63B85833-4ADA-4794-BF06-CB170B29DB49.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Yep.  I got it working again and had everything on at 50% and the guns, damage, and ground bumps up high.  It was too much; VERY buzzy.  Sure was obvious when my wheels left the ground, though.  LOL!

I've got to fine tune it for my planes.

I think I might have a loose USB connection on the front of my computer.  I barely bumped it and that interrupted the program (like it did before) and now the firmware went dead again.  I went almost all the way through the recovery process and it did it again just as I was finishing up.  Got tired of messing with it and took a break for dinner.

I'm going to use a USB port in the back of my computer next time; less chance of that one getting bumped.

That's one thing I've noticed so far.  If anything interrupts the Jetpad's power or USB connection while you're flying: the firmware will go dead and you have to go through a process to get it working again.  Takes about five minutes but can be a pain when also coordinating with the sim, your controls, etc.  Better to avoid power losses and accidental USB cable disconnections.  

Before it went dead again today it was putting out some thunderous buzzing, so I'm  happy with the Jetpad's "volume."  I'm visualizing that along with the Buttkicker adding the bass and I can tell it's going to be outrageous.  Can't wait.

Prosit!

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
  • Upvote 1

Yep.  I can visualize how it will be.  The Jetpad provides an 8-transducer array of various buzzing tones; and that's cool.  But ya gotta have bass or it just don't Rock, right?  :cool:

Example: Back in the early 1980's when I was doing my FAA Part 141 training to become a CFI, I misjudged a landing at Stockton at night time in a Piper Warrior and hit the ground hard; it was like getting kicked in the ass with a size 12 combat boot; jarred my spine.  (My flight instructor Kimon Souliotis just looked at me and said, "Why?"  I had no excuse.  Really didn't expect it but it was a real slammer.)  

I figure the Buttkicker will add a little bit of that same "thump" to the mix.  More realism!  Me likey!  :biggrin:

ADDIT:  Andre O. is very cool and has been a big help through the entire setup process.  We both agree; my problem sounds like a bad USB on my computer.  Tonight I'll hook it up in the back where I know I have a good USB port.  I think it will be okay.

BTW: Your speakers look very similar to the Truth (brand name) studio monitors I have for my GNX4 music-editing setup.  Great speakers.  :good:

I'd be using my Truth speakers on my sim rig if I was flying 2D; but with VR all that works is the Rift headphones.  Shucks!  :cool:

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

The speakers is 'Dynaudio bm5a' with a subwoofer and Cubase in PC ...

Another hobby - but I have not used it as much as I want too , couse  the time has not been there ....and then for 3 years ago I bought the IL2 Sturmovik ...... So ........ 😏😁

Lately, I've tried several times to get it restarted without any luck; not seeing any power or recognition of the firmware.  I've repositioned the USB plugs; still didn't work.  Other than uninstalling and reinstalling the program, I'm at a loss as per what to do next.  

I'm going to sideline the pad and fly without it; at least until the Buttkicker arrives.  Then I will look back into the haptic stuff.

• Sad 1

STC:  I'm hip. IIUC, the magnetic piston can fracture the housing if I turn it up too high.  I'll be on the down-low to start, for sure.  :good:

So now I'm reading through these manuals and I'm half-confident about being able to get it working with the Jetpad.

I believe I've bypassed the USB problem but there's still three ways the sound might not be getting from FC1VR to the Simshaker: my computer settings; the sim settings; and the settings for the Jetpad itself.  This time I'll start from scratch and go through the recovery process by the numbers, making sure everything is where it's supposed to be.

If that still doesn't work, I could uninstall and reinstall but first I'd double-check with Andre.

The Voicemeter freeware that comes with Buttkicker enables the use of USB and Anaog sound output devices.  I'm hoping that might in some way also contribute to making both systems work together.

Working...

ADDIT: QUESTION:  Those who fly Jetpad with FC1: do you use Auto Start or do you always do the Manual Start? 

(I've always used the Manual Start because I heard Auto Start doesn't work.  Haven't tested that and then the pad went dead.  Working to reviatlize it now but wondering: will Simshaker Auto Start in FC1 VR?)  

SIMSHAKER AND BUTTKICKER.jpg

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

I use manual start, and then use the Test button to verify the jetpad and the SImShaker software are communicating. This eliminates the possibility of IL2 being the problem. I've never tried the auto start.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, gascan said:

I use manual start, and then use the Test button to verify the jetpad and the SImShaker software are communicating. This eliminates the possibility of IL2 being the problem. I've never tried the auto start.

Thanks.  That's what I've been doing, too.  But the last few times after I bumped the USB and it quit, it's dead at Test.  I've done the restart procedure once before successfully; I just have to figure out where I'm making my mistake and fix it.  I'll stay with Manual Start.

59 minutes ago, gascan said:

I do the same with my Buttkicker. I click the test button and wait as long as 5 seconds, then click that test button again. A quick buzz to my derriere tells me the Buttkicker is kicking

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

I click the test button and wait as long as 5 seconds, then click that test button again. 

That's interesting.  I haven't tried setting up the Buttkicker yet but when I had the Jetpad working it seemed there was maybe a quarter-second delay between perceived events and associated buzzes.

Is this "delay" something that can be adjusted or set to the user's preferences?

Ideally, I'd like no delay at all.

ADDIT:  I read the Quick Start Guide and the Amplifier owner's guide tonight and familiarized myself with the hardware; seems straightforward enough.  I've got to download the Voicemeter firmware and get the Jetpad and Buttkicker plugged into the gaming computer; but first i'm going to watch some Youtube tutorials about that.  I have a basic idea of what I'm going to do but it's always nice to study how someone else did it; for comparison's sake.  

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

Okay, installing the Buttkicker was butt-simple.  :biggrin:  

I changed the sound settings on my PC from the Oculus Rift Headset to the Analog Headphones and then watched my VOSS video on Youtube, and it worked fine.  

Overall, Buttkicker is a class act all the way: packaging, shipping, manuals, product: all excellent.  And very ergonomic; pretty much plug and play.  I have modest computer skills and it was easy for me.

Now, to get it to work alongside my FC1 / Oculus Rift rig, I have to download the Voicemeter firmware and then get the Jetseat working again.  It's past 1:30 a.m. here and that's enough for one night; I'll work on it again tomorrow.

For now, nothing but high marks for Buttkicker.  It kicks ass.  :cool:  I strongly recommend this product as an addition to your 2D or 3D flight experience.   Good stuff.  :good: 

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
  • Upvote 1
On 1/9/2021 at 5:24 PM, gascan said:

I've occasionally turned off my Realteus Forcefeel (different brand than Jetpad) by accident. It doesn't respond to anything, including the TEST, until I check the power dial and turn it back on again. I'm really curious about the buttkicker. How different is it compared to the Jetpad? I turned my engine beat off because, as immersive as it was, it masked some of the other things I was looking for when flying: stalls and G-forces. Can you tell the difference between the buttkicker and the jetpad?

I'll get back to you about this; it's what I'm working on next.  

Both units sound like they have a similar response to unintended interruptions of power or USB connectivity.  

Jetpad offers a procedure for when it stops working unexpectedly.  I raised mine from the dead once but then it stopped again and I wasn't successful last time.  It doesn't seem to be recognizing the firmware and I believe that's keeping it from powering up.

I've got to get it responding to TEST; if it does that, I'm good to go.  

I'll set my PC sound to recognize digital and analog signals via the firmware.  I've got the Buttkicker working so the Jetpad is next.  I'll try resurrecting it one more time.  Failing that, I'll E-mail Andre and ask if there's any hidden problems with unloading and reloading the program.  

More when I know.... 

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

I had Lot off trouble allso with my simseat first time make it working ., And I did everything 'think off ' allow in virus security , in reg and so on - soundcards ....and suddenly it was working , and I can not tell you what I did course I donno .... 

But, as told my system is running with 3 soundcards  - the MB my VR - 1 my butt - 2 my seat 

About a delay can be course of the driver chosen to your soundcard , like when your playing music through your pc , if it's not the right driver then you have a very noticeable delay 

And maybe about the usb .... Sometimes it work to take the usb out , put it in again and hear the ' du-bi--dub sound .... Connected and then you know there is a connection 

23586706-AAE4-4F38-93D3-7BFF0778201E.jpeg

Edited by J5_NiiranenVR-Gfr
Ups .... Nah sorry , seat is in pc ...connected with usb , so inside
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, J5_NiiranenVR-Gfr said:

and suddenly it was working , and I can not tell you what I did course I donno ...

HA!  The same thing happened to me!  :biggrin:  I don't know really what i did that got it working or caused it to stop; but I'm going to find out.  :good:

I hope my sound card isn't at fault for that time delay.  (That's another thing to look into.)  Last night when I had the Buttkicker working and was watching my Youtube video VOSS in 2D: when the last SE5A pilot hit the ground and exploded, I really felt it in my seat and there wasn't any delay.   Hmmm.....   

When the Jetpad is working, I do hear that "bleep-doodle" sound-effect the computer makes when a USB connects or discos.  But when the Jetpad is dead, the USB is silent.

Anyway, I was up late working on it last night and it's a nice morning so I'm going to get some sun and will try to work  more on the sim seat later today.

Thanks for your help, J5N.  I'm confident we'll get it worked out soon.

Haptic is kind of like VR: once you fly with it, you don't want to fly without it.  :cool: 

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Haptic hassles.  :unsure:

Spent five hours working with the gaming computer tonight.  Had the Buttkicker working in 2D.  Got Voicemeeter installed and set the PC, Rift, and sim sound settings to "hear" from the USB and Analog outputs simultaneously; and then conducted Andre's "resurrection process" for dead Jetpads.  Several times, in fact.

No joy... yet.  :(

I've done the resurrection process before so I know it works.  

But this time we don't seem to be getting past the point where we (1) Download and unzip the firmware; and (2) plug and unplug the USB while holding the M&M buttons and turning the power on at the remote.  

At that point, my computer usually recognizes the drivers and says-so onscreen; but that's not happening now.  

And when we go to the Jetpad control panel: it shows us as Disconnected and Test function is inop.  

Last time I tried it with FC1, not even the Buttkicker was working; and once even the Rift headphones were muted.  

I'll think about it for a while.  I'm probably doing something wrong but I think I'm closing in on what exactly that might be.  

i haven't bothered Andre with it yet; still think I can get it working myself.  But he's there if I need help.

Tomorrow's another day.  :cool:

Might get back into the haptics tonight; still no joy.

Getting back to what we mentioned earlier: sharing my plan for a motion simulator: 

I started with the concept that, for a flight simulator, the most important function would be a change in pitch attitude because, if you fly a real plane with coordination, that's what you feel most.  Also, without G-forces holding you in the seat, you tend to fall out of a land-based simulator if you bank too far to either side.  So pitch changes alone seemed like they might be a good-enough addition to enhance VR.

I began experimenting with an advancement over my Scorpion gaming chair; was thinking of mounting it on rockers like a rocking chair and achieving pitch changes via a mechanical weight-shift device.  That's why I called that design The Rockenbacker.  :biggrin:

In time, the design morphed from a rocking chair mechanism into something more akin to how a Ferris Wheel car is suspended.  I added a secondary motorized trim device that moves a lead weight fore and aft; plus, in-flight control is achieved via pilot inputs to an actual joystick that, while synchronized with the electronic joystick, shifts another lead weight to achieve subtle changes in pitch.   

That latest version could be mounted on the ground or suspended from above.  When you enter it sits like a taildragger and rotates to a normal flying position as you take off and climb.  

If you add a 12-volt jack to a cherry picker and suspend it from above, it can even rise up into the air as you're flying it.  :good:

The problem is the mechanical interface between the electronic components.  It's not as smooth as I'd like it to be.

So lately I've been looking at these guys (link).  I see the way they are going about achieving all three flight axes and I think this is more like what I want to do.

It sounds like they are having speed problems with their actuators.  

I have some ideas for a cheaper, faster version using 12-volt hospital bed linear actuators boosted to 48 volts.  At 12 volts, they lift or push 220 pounds at 1/2 inch per second.  Too slow.  But at 48 volts they move at four times that rate: two inches per second but the weight moved is only about 55 pounds.  Still, if I get the balance sensitive enough and make the leverage arm the right length, that could work.

Also, 12-volt power window motors driving a chain and gears turning a helical screw or a rack and pinion device could serve as actuators; they have a lot of torque and with the right gearing we should be able to get the right speed of operation.

So that's where I'm at with it now: studying what these guys are doing and improving my design before I commit to building it full scale.

Hope this helps.  if you find any of my ideas inspiring, feel free to use them for your own project.  

I'll post more info when I have it and if you guys have any positive experience with this sort of thing, please sound-off.

Prosit!  :salute:

http://6dof.my.primusnetz.de/

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
  • Like 1

Speaking of flight simulators and the like: I just bought a helicopter flight simulator.  

Always wanted to learn to fly a rotorcraft.  With this thing, my wife and i can learn how to fly, say, a Robinson 22 or 44.  Then, when I'm slick with the sim, I can go to the airport and buy an "introductory" flight for some hands-on time and look like I might know what I'm doing.  :cool:

I did my fixed-wing 141 training from 1979 to 1981; it was expensive then and without my G.I Bill Educational Benefits funding me; I couldn't have afforded it.  But I can't believe the price of fuel and dual instruction today!  How does anybody learn to fly anymore?

Fortunately, this sim looks like it will enable me to save a lot of money becoming proficient with a helicopter.  

Technically, I could operate something like a Robinson or Rotorway Exec out of my back yard; but at this point in my life I don't want to own the beast.  This simulator lets me delve into rotorcraft without the expense or danger.  

And I'm thinking, if I simplify the throttle, the Puma could also provide stick and rudder for a fixed wing airplane sim.  Think I'll try it with FC1, too.

They make these on order; about five (seven?) weeks until it ships.  Mo' when I know...

PUMA HELICOPTER CONTROLS.jpg

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

Tonight I again failed to get FC1 working with the Jetpad / Simshaker and Buttkicker haptic devices supported by the Voicemeeter firmware.  

Now, I'm not even getting sound to the Rift headset; and the buzzers are still silent.  Time to regroup.  

Next: will try setting FC1 up again with my CH controls and Oculus Rift; as it was before.

Then, I'll see if I can get the Buttkicker to "hear" in analog along with the digital USB Rift headphones via the Voicemeeter audio firmware.

If I get that working, at least I know both analog and digital sound systems are being heard.

Then it becomes a matter of solving the problem that's making the Jetpad inop.

Still want to resolve this but priorities make it hard to find time to work on it.  Haven't given up yet, though.

Okay, I got my rig working for FC1 in VR with the Rift as before; no haptics.  (I'll get back into that later; just wanted to fly tonight.  Been a while.) 

Went over to Flugpark to see what the new map is like.  Looks good; several cities burning, etc.  

Took off in a D7F and meandered around towards the smoke and mud.  Got a Dolphin and a SPAD.  

Was just about in position to fire on another SPAD when he collided with an Albatros and they both went down.  

The German hit the silk.  Checking the FR, he remained in the seated pilot's position all the while under canopy, ass-landed, bounced, and ended-up levitated and floating about six feet off the ground; still in the sitting position. 

(Hmmm.... I thought I was at Flugpark; not Zoo's Twilight Zone.  :cool: )  

I made it back with minor damage, found my base, landed, and taxied to a full stop at the hangar.  

30 minutes; two kills; still breathing.  No haptics, though.  Oh well; all good.  :good:

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
On 1/9/2021 at 5:24 PM, gascan said:

Can you tell the difference between the buttkicker and the jetpad?

Now that I've had a chance (albeit brief) to experience both Jetpad and Buttkicker, I'd say the basic differences are these:

1. Buttkicker works off the PC's analog audio outlet: the headphones and/or speakers.  Whatever sound it hears gets electronically blended into dominant bass pulses sent through your chair by a vibrating magnetic piston in a cast metal housing.

2. Jetpad works off the PC's digital audio outlet at the USB.  It can be fine-tuned to work with the flight sim program to distinguish between various kinds of sound (engine, guns, etc) and represent those different sounds haptically through eight "buzzers" situated throughout the seatpad.

If the buzzing transducers were thought of as speakers: JetPad is filled with tweeters; Buttkicker is one big boom bass.  Haptically, their performance employs those same basic acoustic principles.

Jetpad gives you various buzzing sensations through your chair (and body) when you rev the engine, fire the guns, or your wheels are rolling over rough ground.

Buttkicker physically "kicks your chair in the ass" when your plane hits the ground too hard. 

INSTALLATION AND SETUP: Between the two, Buttkicker is a little simpler to activate and use if you're only going to use one or the other.

If you are going to use both JetPad and Buttkicker with, say, FC1, it takes VOICEMEETER freeware to let the PC and SIM hear from both the analog and digital sources simultaneously.  

Seems like it will be great when I get it straightened out but so far I haven't gotten that far with it.

Working...

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

Just now got the Buttkicker working with FC1 using Voicemeeter.

Now, I'll go through the procedure for SimShaker.  

Progress!  :good:

ADDIT: Just took flew Flugpark in VR with the Buttkicker.  Wow!  I had to dial it way back.  (There's indicator lights; you don't want them getting too red.)  Without the Jetpad, the Buttkicker adds a whole lot to the mix.  The engine is low and throaty through the bottom of the seat.  When i fire the guns, i feel it more in the area of my kidneys.

That was too cool.  Really added a lot to it.  Got one more kill and two more assists.  Good spontaneous airmanship out there tonight.  :salute:

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
5 hours ago, Todt_Von_Oben said:

Just now got the Buttkicker working with FC1 using Voicemeeter.

Now, I'll go through the procedure for SimShaker.  

Progress!  :good:

ADDIT: Just took flew Flugpark in VR with the Buttkicker.  Wow!  I had to dial it way back.  (There's indicator lights; you don't want them getting too red.)  Without the Jetpad, the Buttkicker adds a whole lot to the mix.  The engine is low and throaty through the bottom of the seat.  When i fire the guns, i feel it more in the area of my kidneys.

That was too cool.  Really added a lot to it.  Got one more kill and two more assists.  Good spontaneous airmanship out there tonight.  :salute:

I nearly fell out of my chair the first time flak went off near me on a long mission in a Camel!

• Haha 1

I already use Voicemeeter Banana to manage multiple devices and provide multiple channels of audio for video recording (the audio is easier to edit when I have a channel for game audio, my mic, and the discord chat). I'm gonna take a look at the buttkicker when I get back from work.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

I nearly fell out of my chair the first time flak went off near me on a long mission in a Camel!

Heh!  Maybe it nearly blew you out of the chair?  It could happen!  :biggrin:

When I booted up this last time: the BK still wasn't working for me.  Then I was flying along, tried the "volume buttons", and all of a sudden it came on FULL BLAST.   The vibrations were enough to wake my wife up in a bedroom on the other side of the house!  :lol: 

1 hour ago, gascan said:

I already use Voicemeeter Banana to manage multiple devices and provide multiple channels of audio for video recording (the audio is easier to edit when I have a channel for game audio, my mic, and the discord chat). I'm gonna take a look at the buttkicker when I get back from work.

Wow.  There's so much to learn; these things have so many capabilities and I'm basically an analog man in an increasingly-digital world.  I am making progress and think I will have the JP working with the BK before long, however.

I am the second-to-the-least-knowledgeable person on the planet when it comes to haptic; but from what little I've seen so far, the JP and BK go together like bacon and eggs.  Without BK, JP is kind of like the Jimi Hendrix Experience without Mitch Mitchell or Noel Redding: still awesome without but SO much better with.  :good:

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Todt_Von_Oben said:

Jimi Hendrix Experience without Mitch Mitchell or Noel Redding: still awesome without but SO much better with

Oooooooh yeh ....... Ppl should know that band - and not corse of he burn his guitar and playing with teeth ... That's showoff .... But for his music 

If you're big fan of his music I maybe have some for you - I have everything he made ... Everything ..... On MP3 flac or other ...so 

( Out of sentence , I know ) 

6 hours ago, J5_NiiranenVR-Gfr said:

Oooooooh yeh ....... Ppl should know that band - and not corse of he burn his guitar and playing with teeth ... That's showoff .... But for his music 

If you're big fan of his music I maybe have some for you - I have everything he made ... Everything ..... On MP3 flac or other ...so 

Yep.  Absolutely right: Jimi Hendrix is to the guitar what Bruce Lee is to the Martial Arts.  The one who got everyone else to take notice and follow.  :good: 

Thanks for the offer but I have a pretty good Hendrix collection myself: records, CD's, and videos.  He's my favorite.

I graduated from High School in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1967 and missed seeing Jimi at Monterey due to car trouble.  I got to see him at the Oakland Colosseum in 1969, though.  

I was a trumpet player in grade-school and got into rock and roll, soul, and then surf music before Jimi inspired my interest in the guitar and changed the face of contemporary music forevermore.

(And yet, we were watching JEOPARDY on TV the other day and the contestants didn't even know who Jimi Hendrix was.  Sad.  How soon they forget.)

But to some of us, Jimi was an unfading inspiration.  So great.  And he only played the guitar ten years before he died.  Amazing.

Back in the 1980's I was living in California when a local shredder kid heard me playing my Fender Musicmaster with a Craftsman crescent wrench; introduced himself and asked me if I wanted to jam.  Dan plays Bass and, at only 18, was a total Hendrix disciple.  He's got teenage kids of his own now and lives in So-Cal where he jams with a really good guitarist that's younger than him.  A few years ago I flew to the Mainland and we all got to jam together; three generations playing things like Ozzy's Crazy Train and Iron Maiden's Trooper one minute; and Santana's Europa the next.  

Three different generations; but musically, we're all the same.  Hard to describe how it feels when something like that comes together; but it feels good, happens all the time in music, and that's why music is one of my favorite things in life... next to flaming Camels and SPAD's, that is.  :cool:

ADDIT:  Oh, I've got FC1 working with the Buttkicker but so far the Jetpad is still "no joy."  I'm waiting on some USB extension cords and will enjoy flying the BK for the time being.  Adds a lot to the VR experience.  I really, really like it.  

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

Oh man who cares about the buttkicker when we're talking Hendrix!

Are you guys familiar with the instrumental "Pali Gap" off the posthumous Rainbow Bridge? One of the best pieces of music he made I reckon. Better when you're in a chilled state of mind. If he had lived who knows what stuff he would've done. Maybe explore more of a jazzy groove.

I like to hack around on bluesy style guitar. Needs more work. A lot more! And then some ....

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Todt_Von_Oben said:

Hendrix collection

Yes , I play guitar/bass myself - been outplaying the pubs /!birthdays / weddings , like the jams , make new music ... ( But as in FC - I'm a average player 🥴😉

I have  drums too , I can't play drums - but start Spotify or YouTube and play along ( and only me who think it's sound good ) - I have a rehursing room in my store house ... So I still play , but not so much anymore 

But ..... Not a challenge - I still have more than you ... Everything he made  😉

but .....one more time ....now youre trying fixing you massage chair and be a happy man -  you can take a look at this side and hear some  bootlegs with Jimmy or other 

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/

• Thanks 1

Amen, brothers.  There's all these things like nationalities and religions and political parties and favorite sports teams that make us all different and opposed to one another.  Music brings us all together on the same page.  It don't matter where you're from or what language you speak; if you can jam, we can communicate.  Music is the universal language.

Yes, I'm very familiar with the Rainbow Bridge performance;  have it on video.  

Think you're right about the jazz influence, St_C.  I think he liked esoteric jazz; the freeform kind.  I've read he was talking to Miles Davis about a collaboration before he died.  Tired of E pentatonic minor Acid Blues Rock and three chord progressions; he wanted to develop more as a musician.  Who knows where it might have gone?

Randy Rhoads was the same way.  He was tired of the same thing all the time and wanted to get into classical guitar.  A tour-bus driver that thought he could fly a Beechcraft while high on cocaine put an end to that.  FAWK!  :(

I like so many guitarists I hate to specify any favorites, but for me: (1) Jimi Hendrix, (2) Carlos Santana, and (3) Randy Rhoads.  Nothing but admiration for those guys.

Anyway, getting back to the sim: I flew the Buttkicker at Flugpark in a D7F again a few minutes ago.  It was snowing.  Saw a bot Dolphin trailing steam; being shot at from more than a click away by a bot two-seater.  I closed in and got the kill.

Then I saw a bot SE5A below me in a fight with a bot Alby.  I slowed down and zig-zagged a couple times to get lined up; then dropped into a steep pass and shot the pilot.  

Made it back for a nice, smooth, three-point landing with a straight rollout and controlled taxi to the hangar tents.  I think I'm getting landing the D7F figured out.  It used to turn on me uncontrollably during rollout but now I've got her tamed.  Nice horsie!   :cool:

The Buttkicker worked fine throughout the flight except it quit for about three minutes when I was over the mud and back on our side headed home.  I fooled around with the controls; tried starting and restarting, changing volume, etc.  No joy.  Then, about a minute before I landed, it came back on by itself.

No idea why it did that but I'm gonna try to find out.  :unsure: 

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Todt_Von_Oben said:

Tired of E pentatonic minor Acid Blues Rock and three chord progressions;

AND what exactly is wrong with THAT mister! 

I'd never heard of Randy Rhoads until now. Born in my year. He must have been pretty cool then. I like David Gilmour myself. Not fast or showy, but every note counts. 

I was on Flugpark last night about this time and saw sweet FA. No bots, no humans (although 4-5 guys were on). I need a bigger screen. 22" ain't cutting it. Or my eyes. Otherwise, I don't know how you guys do it?

Now about that buttkicker .... hmmm .... on the bright side at least you're not annoying your wife ....

1 hour ago, ST_Catchov said:

AND what exactly is wrong with THAT mister! 

I'd never heard of Randy Rhoads until now. Born in my year. He must have been pretty cool then. I like David Gilmour myself. Not fast or showy, but every note counts. 

I was on Flugpark last night about this time and saw sweet FA. No bots, no humans (although 4-5 guys were on). I need a bigger screen. 22" ain't cutting it. Or my eyes. Otherwise, I don't know how you guys do it?

Now about that buttkicker .... hmmm .... on the bright side at least you're not annoying your wife ....

Absolutely nothing.  e pent minor blues is a source; probably my favorite.  But I've heard Jimi was getting tired of it and wanted to branch out.

Oh, Gilmour's great.  Randy took over the guitar from Tommy Iomi with Sabbath: did songs like CRAZY TRAIN, MISTER CROWLEY, and others.  Very influential stylist in his own right.  Died too young.

I flew again at Flugpark with the BK on.  It does cut out for a few minutes every so often; maybe every half hour?  I'm guessing that's to keep it from over  heating.  I can't get it to come back on but eventually it comes back to life by itself.

This last time I got another Dolphin and an SE5A.  I saw some crap in the distance and went thattaway; was closing in on another SE5A when the Buttkicker quit again.  It's weird!  I thought my engine quit.  Had to regroup while I was on the attack approach from behind him.  But I can't blame that for colliding with him; my bad.  I bailed out and got captured.  I play "Dead is Dead."  If I get killed or captured, that's it for me that day.  I'm out.

Visually, I am in an Oculus Rift VR headset with +2.0 corrective lenses.  22" is kinda small these days.  I was flying a big curved Samsung monitor before this.  You oughta go VR.  That's where it's at.  

The vibrations aren't that bad and my wife was actually happy to "hear" I got it working again.  She supports everything I do 100%.  I'm lucky.  I married somebody who turned out to be a true friend.  :good:

OPEN QUESTION: Who's your favorite bass player?

So many.  Cliff Burton?  Geezer Butler?  Geddy Lee?   Yeah, for sure.

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

Yeah I remember Tony Iommi with Paranoid and such in Sabbath's heyday in the early 70's. The early 70's British rock scene was a great period. Missed out on Randy later on. Life. I'd moved on.

9 minutes ago, Todt_Von_Oben said:

The vibrations aren't that bad and my wife likes what I do.  She supports everything I do 100%.  I'm lucky.  I married somebody who turned out to be a true friend.

Lol what I meant is you're so busy working through the issues with buttkicker that you're leaving your wife alone which she may appreciate. But she sounds like a most accommodating lady and you are indeed a lucky guy.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Todt_Von_Oben said:

The Buttkicker worked fine throughout the flight except it quit for about three minutes when I was over the mud and back on our side headed home.  I fooled around with the controls; tried starting and restarting, changing volume, etc.  No joy.  Then, about a minute before I landed, it came back on by itself.

No idea why it did that but I'm gonna try to find out.  :unsure: 

Todt, I’ve had a bass shaker under my gaming chair for 18 months or so and it always cuts in and out. I assumed it was just the amp over heating and shutting down to protect itself. If anybody knows otherwise, I would also like to know. The gaming experience is always much better when the chair is rumbling to the engine and shaking when I am taking damage. 

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggyStar said:

Todt, I’ve had a bass shaker under my gaming chair for 18 months or so and it always cuts in and out. I assumed it was just the amp over heating and shutting down to protect itself. If anybody knows otherwise, I would also like to know. The gaming experience is always much better when the chair is rumbling to the engine and shaking when I am taking damage. 

Thanks.  That's reassuring.  I suspected as much but it's good to have someone confirm their own similar experience.  :salute:

I've got carpentry to do tomorrow but I'll be back trying to get the JetPad working tomorrow night.  

BK ... I have had the same - but now I have my seat allso ..so my buttkicker is very low low on motor rumbling , my seat make it ...but when im hit or shooting its full power so its not working all time  .... 

( and now I have wrote this for going to the most importend  ;) ) 

best bassman or guitar ...or drum player  ... I can not tell  v I think Bill wyman from stones are a very underrated - he do the right thing to the music - the stones  

like many say that Ringo from Beatles was a bad drummer  , but where were BEatles music if  it have had  another drummer  ... or another Guitarist than G Harrison  

When I was young i liked to play fast and do many things ( sometimes still do ) ... but often when im listen to music I dont care -it can be very simple but mixed together its a very good number  ... 

43 minutes ago, J5_NiiranenVR-Gfr said:

BK ... I have had the same - but now I have my seat allso ..so my buttkicker is very low low on motor rumbling , my seat make it ...but when im hit or shooting its full power so its not working all time  .... 

( and now I have wrote this for going to the most importend  ;) ) 

best bassman or guitar ...or drum player  ... I can not tell  v I think Bill wyman from stones are a very underrated - he do the right thing to the music - the stones  

like many say that Ringo from Beatles was a bad drummer  , but where were BEatles music if  it have had  another drummer  ... or another Guitarist than G Harrison  

When I was young i liked to play fast and do many things ( sometimes still do ) ... but often when im listen to music I dont care -it can be very simple but mixed together its a very good number  ... 

Yeah, I can't wait until I get both the BK and JP working together; that's gonna be deluxe.  Hopefully, tomorrow night.

I'd have to agree with you; Wyman is a laid-back bassist but musically he's very capable.  Watts and Starkey did what percussionists are supposed to do: provide a reliable meter for the music.  Watts looks like he's sleeping most of the time but he never misses a beat.

Speaking of the Rolling Stones: I think Keith Richards is a great guitarist in his own right.  He's got them old-school Black Blues down pat.  He's not a shredder but he is the reason I got into experimenting with Open-G tuning.  You can do a whole lot of really nice sounding stuff in that key.  Most of what I've done with an acoustic over the past two years has been in Open G.  

I started by figuring out Wild Horses by the Stones;  The Flame by Cheap Trick; Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears; Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood and the Destroyers; and i even figured out a fifty-cents-down acoustic version of Community Property by Steel Panther; just for grins.  But beyond covers, Open G is really nice to roam around in and see what comes up.  Mostly, I just like to free-form jam and see where it goes.  

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben