Simple tool to check your six

J2_NobiWan

TP_Sparky

I cannot thank you enough.  I was a Coast Guard C-130 pilot and then an Army infantry officer where I get lots of neck and back injuries so I can't rotate my neck and thus can't really do full-real servers without seriously damaging my neck.  This is a Godsend.  I used it today and it worked perfectly.  I set it not for left and right offset but just a single key for 180 degrees and it's centered.  One key for looking back and another to recenter.  

I really can't thank you enough.  Bless you.  And yes, I'd already preordered FC2 the first day it was available.

Edited by TP_Sparky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BatSpoggy

I'm very impressed with the v02exp version, the additional rotation is now added very naturally. I'd tried to get a similar effect by making very small bands on the older version but this resulted in a stepping effect that was more jarring than just having one large deflection.

For anybody wanting a value to start with I've found that starting at 90 degrees with a factor of 100% works very well to keep it in sync with your head movement until you turn aroud quite far.

335th_grFirdimigdi

I concur, v02exp is my favorite so far, very intuitive and can also be used for that tiny bit of smooth rotation to maintain comfort without sacrificing immersion.

IMO it should be linked in the first post for more people to test (I had to hunt through the thread to find it).

• Upvote 1

As mentioned previously I love this mod, butI am having trouble with the newest version operating consistently. I “turn it on” before activating Steam VR ,leave the utility on screen,and play it so it automatically works-so no key stroke involvement. The first time through “in flight” it does work as advertised, but it might work the next time , but eventually after several flights it seems to turn itself off. After exiting the game sometimes the icon remains in my tray, other times it is gone & I have to turn it on again before game play. The install is so simple I’m not sure what I might have done wrong…perhaps an option I have missed? Do you have any advice that might make this “always on?”

( BTW- I t would be terrific if GB would incorporate tthe his into in game settings. I understand when VR is operable with CLoD DWT…automatically.)

SCG_Redcloud111

Blitzen. I never have this problem. The only major difference for me is that I start it after SteamVR loads. 

22 minutes ago, SCG_Redcloud111 said:

Blitzen. I never have this problem. The only major difference for me is that I start it after SteamVR loads. 

I'll give it a try-thanks!

• Upvote 1

I have been using version 2.07 (mostly in DCS) for a long time and love it.
I have now tried the V0.2exp - but I cannot get it this version to work in DCS.

I always get a view (position) above the plane and even if I push the reset button the position does not change. I remain above the menu and the plane. 

I tried resetting VR seated position in SteamVR and every option of V0.2exp. but no joy

(I use Reverb G2)

I am now trying the earlier version and at first blush it seems to work better, but tell me , is there a ay of simply leaving this on all the time ,with VR on or off and still having it work ?🤔