Sony pulls bug-ridden Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store

Sony has pulled Cyberpunk 2077, the most anticipated game of the year, from its PlayStation Store and is offering refunds to customers.

Sony Interactive Entertainment "strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, and we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund," the official PlayStation support account tweeted along with a link to a refund form.

Couple of funny bugs like hovering smokes, once the escape car ran off too early and left me standing and I had to reload a save from couple of minutes back.  Beautiful city, strong story and characters. 40+ hrs playtime so far on PC. 1080 GTX runs nicely while waiting for the 3080 to arrive.

Its cool to bash a developer I guess.

The game being pulled from stores, a warning pop-up put on the game's page on the Microsoft store... every single review I've watched or read stating that the game is riddled with bugs... and talk of class-action lawsuits...

And seeing videos of the police spawning in five feet away from you immediately after punching someone or getting into a car accident, and even spawning on rooftops or inside of elevators 🤣

All this, and the logical conclusion is that I'm criticising it to seem cool 😎

I am a big fan of sci-fi and RPGs, and if the Witcher series. And was highly anticipating this. But I'm glad I didn't pre-order this one. And I've been saying all along I may get it after some significant patching. But these kinds of widespread issues are not indicative of a dev releasing a project of love that is ready to be played, but rather a product managed by executives that were tired of delays and required the game to be put to market on a hard pre-holiday date regardless of the actual condition. I'll get it when it looks like the former instead of the latter.

Edited by unlikely_spider
  • Upvote 1

S! 

Played a bit on PS4 Pro. Ran just fine for being a so last season console. Have not tried after latest patches though. Will let it mature a bit and start playing again. Liked it so far. 

These crusades people run against the game and developer looks like a prime example of special snowflakes in a mass psychosis 😄

• Upvote 3

Looks like devs are rolling out patches regularly. I think I'll play it when cops won't be spawning several meters away from the player after he commits a crime even in a desert. At least this is what I read in the reviews. Nasty thing.

I gotta say, I am never gonna go for a refund.. I mean, the game is bugged as hell, but actually 99% of the bugs are for me not gamebreaking (ie: mission can´t be completed, CTD etc.) but actually most of the time silly to hillarious, I almost suspect its a comic relief feature:

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Monostripezebra said:

I mean, the game is bugged as hell, but actually 99% of the bugs are for me not gamebreaking (ie: mission can´t be completed, CTD etc.) but actually most of the time silly to hillarious, I almost suspect its a comic relief feature

I don't mind the bugs either, but I consider the story and several side missions pathetic. It's amazing for me to see how much praise the game gets for it, the bar must be pretty low. If I ignore (some) story missions, I can actually have a lot of fun with Cyperpunk, as I found out.

Game difficulty is too easy, even when set to highest. AI is just too dumb. On the other hand that dumbness makes it my choice, to either laugh about their dumbness, or give them a chance and have a challenging fight.

On 1/2/2021 at 8:32 AM, JtD said:

I don't mind the bugs either, but I consider the story and several side missions pathetic. It's amazing for me to see how much praise the game gets for it, the bar must be pretty low. If I ignore (some) story missions, I can actually have a lot of fun with Cyperpunk, as I found out.

Game difficulty is too easy, even when set to highest. AI is just too dumb. On the other hand that dumbness makes it my choice, to either laugh about their dumbness, or give them a chance and have a challenging fight.

Well, balancing is definatel off in several ways.. in the sense that there is always some exploit that makes combat moot, like super strong hacking from cameras or just using legendary ping to see all enemies and then use the tech-sniper that shoots through all walls to get rid of them. But that is only if you take it seriously and want to win..but once you understand that, you realise that it is on yourself to make fights fun. And there are definately a million ways to do that.

For most bugs you can find an exploit to get arround that.. so on a very meta level, it is hacker game, not because "hacking" is in th game, but because you need to find yourself ways around the stupid AI and unbalanced stuff, but it usually is very easy to find a way to have a funny or good fight etc, if you just don´t play the way you are supposed to play: like on "gun for hire" assasination missions, you can get pait twice by triggering the non-leathal end, then shooting the target and afterwards putting the corpse in the still available "non-leathal" retrieval vehicle.

I am not far into the story, but I feel some writing is good, some poor.. but overall, the side missions and exploring and exploiting is where it´s at, then the game is really fun.

For instance, I love the little MaiMai car.. you can make use of that in really unintended ways.

I recently spawned a limo into the reception area of a Motel where I was trying to duck. However, I missed the key on the keyboard and summoned the car instead. While I snuck around the next corner, suddenly there was panic and screaming behind me, and when I looked back, there it was - the limo standing right next to the reception desk. 😄

Edited by JtD
  • Like 1

I'm not sure you've understood the purpose of the game correctly. 😄 You're supposed to hack computers, sneak around guards and take out the bad guys with guns and knives, not just do funny stuff with a small car.

Had a huge laugh the other day. There's a mission where you were supposed to extract a guy named Flavio dos Santos out of town. Basically you pick him up heavily injured in his house, get him and yourself into the car in the garage and drive him to a contact. Well, step one went OK, but apparently I was too quick driving the car out of the garage - instead of sitting next to me, he was standing (heavily injured, still), torso through roof. Looked hilarious, and I figured that getting struck by a bug at 100+ might be unpleasant. Well, got him to the contact, mission was a success, so I summoned my car, drove to the next store, selling loot. And when I got out of the store, what did I see? Flavio running towards me. Apparently, the game had registered the mission as a success, but since I drove out of the garage too early, the guy was still in the follow V mode. I figured I'd just drive away, but as I got into my car, so did he. 😄 He went through the entire next mission with me (still heavily injured), sharing my car, and following me on foot whereever I went. I lost him eventually when I used fast travel, but maybe he's still out there somewhere, trying to catch up with me!

1 hour ago, JtD said:

I'm not sure you've understood the purpose of the game correctly. 😄 You're supposed to hack computers, sneak around guards and take out the bad guys with guns and knives, not just do funny stuff with a small car.

Had a huge laugh the other day. There's a mission where you were supposed to extract a guy named Flavio dos Santos out of town. Basically you pick him up heavily injured in his house, get him and yourself into the car in the garage and drive him to a contact. Well, step one went OK, but apparently I was too quick driving the car out of the garage - instead of sitting next to me, he was standing (heavily injured, still), torso through roof.

Looks like Flavio is the long lost descendant of some of the pilots in our sim lol.