The Wolves - an IL-2 Great Battle Tribute

8 minutes ago, frosen said:

Wow! That was really a professionally made video. Best IL-2 content I've seen in a long time. Did you do the voice acting as well?

Thank you for the kudos! Yes we have recorded the voices ourselves. It was a spontaneous idea that I think has paid off^^

• Like 1
On 12/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, 6FG_Big_Al said:
I'm proud to show you our next tribute video of Il-2 😄 I hope you enjoy!

Wow this is fantastic! I love the shot at 1:45, perfect build up to that moment. The voice acting is also very cool. Keep it up!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 174Sqn_Brannon said:

Is your squad a Luftwaffe squadron since you depicted FW190A8's or are you flying as a USAAF squadron with the 6th Fighter Group tag ?  Just curious..

Our Squadron picks no side. We don't like the idea to limit us to one specific Nation or Coalition. So we fly essentially everything and we pick most of the time the side that's lower in the numbers. :)

3 hours ago, Lemsip said:

Wow this is fantastic! I love the shot at 1:45, perfect build up to that moment. The voice acting is also very cool. Keep it up!

Thank you for the kind words! There was a lot of positive response, regarding the voices and if we can we will do it again 😄 We also try to make every Tribute unique with new elements - otherwise it would get fast reptetive and boring.^^

• Thanks 1
On 12/19/2020 at 8:06 AM, 6FG_Big_Al said:

Thanks for the comments guys! We try to do more next year

Great stuff! Really good soundtrack and footage mix!

Only one thing, the swastika at the beginning could cause offence and really should be hidden behind a Spoiler? Not that I'm bothered but someone might shout it out is all.

Apart from that, brilliant. JUST the right length as well.

Rap

:popcorm:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

Great stuff! Really good soundtrack and footage mix!

Only one thing, the swastika at the beginning could cause offence and really should be hidden behind a Spoiler? Not that I'm bothered but someone might shout it out is all.

Apart from that, brilliant. JUST the right length as well.

Rap

:popcorm:

Hi Rap,

I can understand your concerns about the swastika. The thing is that these skins are our regular squadron skins (as in the other videos) and we decided to leave the swastika on our aircraft for historical accuracy. This video is in no way intended to be a glorification of Nazism or anything similar like that. It is nevertheless a sensitive topic, but we believe that censorship is the wrong way to go. Especially when you consider that the swastika can be seen in various scenes, which, if you take it strictly, would need to be put under a spoiler or censored.
We will think and discuss about doing something like this retroactively or for future videos.

Other than that, thank you for the feedback and I'm glad you liked it  

best regards Big Al:salute:

• Like 1

Historical vs game; historic reality is not really a thing to consider as the Rheinland map f.i. has far too many historic terrain errors.

So IMO IL2 is a game, and too many might be offended by swastikas showing up in a shooting game.

I got too many German friends who would be offended too being reminded to their countries nazi history.

Edited by jollyjack

Well everyone has it's opinion and we can only respect that. And if this spoils your experience with the clip I'm really sorry, but as I pointed out we all have our standpoint of view that might differ. If we want it or not the Nazi history is a part of Germanys history and this includes the Swastika. This is our approach and by far not the only or the right one.  We are open for critism and it is your right not to watch it, to give it a thumbs down or to write a comment to give us feedback. :)

11 minutes ago, =TBAS=Diesel99 said:

Stellar work!

Thank you!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

This video is in no way intended to be a glorification of Nazism or anything similar like that

No no, I wasn't suggesting that. Not at all! I was only giving you a heads-up in case any Moderators took exception is all.

;)

Rap

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...