Thanks from the Cheap Seats - and Merry Christmas!

Jason,

I've noted that your tone often gets pretty terse on here - you gets to deal with a lot of negativity, and I'm sure that over the years it really wears.  I just want to send a hearty, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the 1C team.  I acknowledge that I have no personal understanding of the challenges involved in creating a sim of this depth, nor of creating it and keeping ongoing development progress moving forward in the face of a substantial language barrier, time zone delta, global pandemic and travel restrictions, and continuously changing technology field.  I am, however, certain that without the dedication and persistence of you and the whole team, none of us would be spending the countless hours honing our flying skills in this superb simulation of aerial combat.  Nor would we have the opportunity to test your patience arguing and bitching about it.  Aside from the thanks you get from my wallet, please accept some from my heart as well.  I really appreciate you folks and look forward to the new content - both announced and anticipated and the completely unexpected - that we will receive in 2021.  Here's hoping that you and yours are mercifully Covid free or at least not horribly impacted.  All the best and again, thanks.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 11

TS, you are right on Jason about his tone. 

But on the other hand this shows he is very involved in this game and having lots of passion to flysims.  Knowing this on beforehand I can only be positive on this guy, he did btw rescue RoF that eventually made BoX possible.

My deep respect goes to mr @Jason_Williams  

Not into Christ-mas traditions, but for you all a nice Christmas day and happy 2021. 

ps, please mr Jason give Ugramedia for FC2 an decent headset so they can judge there own 3D results. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Upvote 1

Well said PanzerV.  Jason and the team are remarkably dedicated and passionate combat flight simulation developers in my opinion and I very much appreciate them and the many hours of pleasure I get from IL-2 GB almost every day of the week.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman

Merry Christmas to the dev team! I think the overwhelming silent majority on here appreciates everything you all do for this sim. There's just a small % of complainers in a vocal minority.

Anyone remember the IL2 days where it would sometimes be weeks, months to even hear from a dev on the forums like Oleg? We got it pretty good :)

I wish the 1C-777 team also a merry christmas and better, healthy 2021!

What you have accomplished in Covid-19 times with that amount of quality updates and by starting new projects is for your tight team truly tremendous and awesome!

As customer i had always the impression for choosing the best flightsimulation for myself.

Since I tried to play "Cliffs of Dover" on the German side with all its inadequacies I can emagine how hard the work of the developers of IL-2 Sturmovic was to present us a nearly bug- free  game. Keep on this good work and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Like this idea! It's like a big Christmas card for the devs!

Greatly appreciate all that you folks have done so far. iL2 has a forever home on my hard drive!

Happy holidays!

I hope you can enjoy some time off and maybe we will see you guys in multiplayer 😄

• Upvote 1

IL-2 is still a growing simulator that I love to bits and pieces. It might not be perfect yet, and it might not have everything I want, but I come back to play it every weekend. I had a long time friend join me a couple of years ago, and recently another close friend got the short end of the stick and got a copy of Battle of Stalingrad from us. He complained a lot, but would you look at that, 2h later he would be surfing the net in search of a joystick. 

Thank you very much 1C, 777 and Jason for giving me incredibly fun memories and a ton of laughs with friends.

MERRY X-MAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Really looking forward to 2021.

• Upvote 2

Sadly flight simmers are a finicky demanding bunch. Its our passion for this genre and the reason we invest so much time and energy into it. Sadly that passion comes across as criticalness vs showing the appreciation we have for those giving us such a quality product.

So thank you for keeping my favorite sim going and letting me fly and experience many of the planes ive studied in depth.

A huge and hearty MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to Jason and his development team. As for the Happy New Year it really can't get any worse than 2020 can it?

GLÆDELIG JUL OG GODT NYTÅR!!

С наступающим!