Here we go again pedal brakes

I have not used the WW2 part for a very long time only the WW1 my reason is the brakes I can not bind the left and right brakes on my Thustmaster TFRP Pedals the rudder is ok but will not bind the brakes. I have the Thrustmaster T16000 joystick and throttle and that works ok.

Each time I seem to get it right the next time I fire up they the brakes are all over the place tried a FW190 and it seems the left brake is on all the time the plane gos round and round, I have run out of ideas it looks like I am flying MSFS 2020 now all the time no problems with the pedals there.

Why after all this time IL2 do not seem to get it right. I have no problems with any other sim over a long time only this one.

1 minute ago, CB77Don246 said:

I have not used the WW2 part for a very long time only the WW1 my reason is the brakes I can not bind the left and right brakes on my Thustmaster TFRP Pedals the rudder is ok but will not bind the brakes. I have the Thrustmaster T16000 joystick and throttle and that works ok.

Each time I seem to get it right the next time I fire up they the brakes are all over the place tried a FW190 and it seems the left brake is on all the time the plane gos round and round, I have run out of ideas it looks like I am flying MSFS 2020 now all the time no problems with the pedals there.

Why after all this time IL2 do not seem to get it right. I have no problems with any other sim over a long time only this one.

If it seems like the brake is on all the time, it may be that you need to reverse the axis in the key bindings. Possibly the game thinks that when you are not pressing the brake, it is actually at 100%. 

It may not be the brakes but simply the behaviour of the planes on the ground - those without locking tailwheels are very unforgiving. Do you actually hear the brake engaging in the sim, or does it just seem to loop in one direction? If you look down in the cockpit, can you see if the brake pedal is depressed all the time, or does it only move when you press it? 

Bind your pedals as per normal, spawn a plane on the ground, and look down in the cockpit and see what happens when you depress the brake pedals.

I have it now its working, also the FW190 tail wheel is locked by pulling back on the joystick.

For anyone having the problem with the binding Thrustmaster Pedal toe brake this worked for me before clicking ADD NEW ACTION HOLD DOWN THE PEDAL THEN CLICK ADD NEW ACTION worked for me.