Graphics, models and maps

Hi gents,

I have the same problem as I Shoot Birds (layers) and found a way to fix it (but not a final)

I m running at Ultra set up with MSAA.

At each game launch:

• switch MSAA to FXAA
  • accept only
  • switch back to MSAA
  • accept and start again the game
  • layer problem fixed for me

Hope this will help pending a fix.

Rig: CPU I5-3570K, 8 Go RAM, GPU RADEON RX 5700XT, WIN 10 latest version

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I've been experiencing some odd visual bugs lately where it seems different sections of the map are visually offset from their correct position resulting in floating objects and broken edges between map squares.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I tried verifying my files and seem to have made the problem significantly worse as about half the map did it's best impression of the Alps. I was able to fly under the visual ground and see structures situated at physical ground level which I managed to find by running into it.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Visual settings are Balanced.

Specs are as follows:

i7-6700k

Gigabyte 1660s - latest drivers

16GB ram

Windows 10 - latest update

Game is the steam version

I haven't had any issues of this kind up until this point and suspect Nvidia driver issues. Will try changing settings and drivers and will report back if a fix is found.

I've been having floating terrain issues for a while. To temporarily fix the issue I delete the update and graphics folders and then when I run the game it does a analysis and re DLs those folders. That seems to fix it for the session. Where I'd have do do this only occasionally I now it's bad enough that I need to do this before each play session otherwise I get the floating terrain and what appears to be holes in the landscape.

I run the non steam version of the game.

PC Spec:

Ryzn 7 2700x

RAM: 32 GB

Win 10 64bit

Geforce 2060 RTX Super

HD is a Western Digital Black HDD.

2021_1_18__6_1_32.thumb.jpg.255987eb417f01a82bdb155c05c22a2f.jpg

2021_1_18__6_1_34.jpg

2020_5_17__22_6_11.jpg

Edited by Hazzfantastik
Adding more Info
  • Thanks 1
  • 1CGS

@jollyjack, as for the problem on the railway section in Tuapse, this work is in the plan, thank you.

On 2/1/2021 at 5:45 AM, Hazzfantastik said:

I've been having floating terrain issues for a while. To temporarily fix the issue I delete the update and graphics folders and then when I run the game it does a analysis and re DLs those folders. That seems to fix it for the session. Where I'd have do do this only occasionally I now it's bad enough that I need to do this before each play session otherwise I get the floating terrain and what appears to be holes in the landscape.

I run the non steam version of the game.

Please tell me which disk is used by SSD or HDD?

The P38 empty or whatever the bomb loading, has its front wheel not touching the ground when on a dirt runway or parked.

The wheel stands a few centimeter above the ground.

The plane appears to be in equilibrium on its two main wing wheels that are perfectly touching ground.

But this is different on a concrete runway. See the difference below.

Here is a picture on dirt runway:

946998063_P38FrontWheel1.thumb.jpg.6d463d16256200ef010afa8da2dc0c0e.jpg

And now on concrete runway:

1682572377_P38FrontWheel2.thumb.jpg.bcca75ccac4b75aa2a08988ac23dfa8b.jpg

Here above all is perfect.

In bot cases when the P38 starts moving it will indeed have the front wheel touch ground and the oleo suspension do its work, but the wheel will loose contact and it is a little not very natural.

Thanks to correct this glitch for visual perfection. 🙂 

G'day everyone, Long time on and off player, first (or at least i think first time poster).

After reinstalling Il-2 the other day, and having a grand ol time in the career mode, i started to notice a black/white flicker on the edge of the horizon, little flashes of white or black, almost little pixels. At first i thought it was my graphics card dying, but its relatively new, and been incredibly stable in all games, so i started to do the google search, and the investigations.

After reading a few forum posts and several pages of info, as well as several hours of extensive testing i can confirm that MSAA is the cause of these artifacts.

For testing i've tried everything for bare minimum settings to absolute max, all the sharpen filters on, off, ssao on off, draw distance increases and decreases, all one at a time, same exact flight, aircraft, position. I've tried old graphics drivers, new drivers, rolling back windows, updating windows. Only thing i haven't tried is a complete reinstall of Il-2 BoX. Nvidia control panel is left at 100% default, i never fiddle with it, never had a need.

Turning MSAA on, and flying at altitudes lower than around 500m, causes the very edge of the horizon to flicker tiny little white and black pixels, now and then, as you turn your view. Turning FXAA on, suffering with the jaggies, they disappear.

As far as i can tell, at this point in time, the two options are run with FXAA, put up with the visual decrease, and no flashes, or run with MSAA, and live with the flashes.

Just wanted to update somewhere that you're not crazy, your cards not breaking  and the flashes are really there.

My specs:
AMD : 3600x stock speeds.
Ram: 16gb DDR4
GPU: Zotac GTX 1660 Super Amp. Stock speeds
IL-2 Installed on SSD.

(Also posted in the NVIDIA graphics issues thread, to cover a couple bases)

• Thanks 1

I have also this floating graphics issue. quick mission: On airstart everything looks normal, but when nearing the surface a second layer opens up leaving the first to float.

Also online this happends on server. restart mostly solves issue.

no  mods installed. steam installation. BOS/Bodenplatte

win10

rtx2060super-stock

.m2 samsung evo 970 !

32 G RAM
Intel 9600K i5-stock

Any solution??

2021_2_12__14_59_57.jpg

Hi,

I have the same issue with the floating areas

Found a way to fix (but at each game launch):

• Launch the game
  • Launch a flight (identify the floating areas)
  • Go back to set up, graphic setup

image.thumb.png.c7343a4a6c7126c03cd371e06935e56f.png

• move MSAA to FSAA, then apply without relaunch
  • move FSAA to MSAA, then apply and relaunch the game
  • then it works (for me). Takes 5 mn when you knows.

This had appears when 4.505 was released. It seems MSAA setup is not recognise at first launch of the day (boot).

My rig:

I5-3570K, 8 Go RAM, RX5700K, drivers 21.2.2

Win 10-64 20H2

On 3/1/2017 at 5:54 PM, TetraD said:

About the Macchi cockpit; in 2.008 the "see-through gauges" problem has been fixed, but the inclinometer glass is still incorrect.

The issue with the slip indicator (inclinometer) glass is still present 4 years later, version 4.506:

2021_2_16__19_5_32.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Kuban Bridge ID951 (from template) south end is too high and vehicles (tanks) damage it when crossing (until destruction).
Impossible to fix by moving the bridge since edges are at same level but not river sides.

Editor bug dodge: change it for a pontoon. 

image.png.4117a8875806c6e62db0b2d3004d1c17.png

Rheinland Summer Map. Is here some thing unfinished? There is actually a railway tunnel under the Scheldt river there ... not possible?

1435715605_RheinlSuUnfinisherRWAntwerp.thumb.jpg.cdff23d4efa6d0f987b401b0ef7a29d0.jpg

from a Belgian railway route Wiki Page, railway from Gent to Antwerp:

453982578_RheinlandAntwerpRWtunnel.jpg.597ae1bfa98f92e2e6811960fc6d74f3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Brief description: Graphic error with P39L-1 propeller spinner
Detailed description, conditions: The propeller spinner is transparent when viewed through the cannon opening at the front
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): 

Images are from a Quick Mission on the Kuban map.

p39l1_spinner00.jpg

p39l1_spinner01.jpg

p39l1_spinner02.jpg

graphics.jpg

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@216th_Cat, I went through all the standard skins of the p-39 aircraft, but I never found this option. On the standard skins, there was no problem, please pay attention to this fact.

I think this is an error with the 4k template itself. We have the same issue on our custom skins. Maybe ICDP could have a look into it.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i looked at the pictures of the new items for the Bodenplatte map and its nicely done so far.

But I would also recommend to correct some things that are wrong on the Bodenplatte map.

1. Frankfurt Rhein-Main airfield, is wrong located and has the wrong shape. ( It has a runway )

Rhein-Main opened in 1936 and was located, where it is today.

The today's southern runway is on the same location as in the past, only way shorter back then.

Attached is a aerial picture from 1945 made by the Americans, somewhen between Jan 45 - April 45.

There you can also see the right location at the Frankfurt crossing between A3 and A5

A5 is north to south, A3 is west to east. So this picture shows, up to the north.

2. Giessen is named Giesen on your map, which is not right. There are two possibilities

to write the name of this town. Giessen, which is common today or Gießen which was mostly used back then.

But since the ISO alphabet does not implement the German double S ( ß ) it has to be written Giessen with two S instead.

Cheers

Wolfgang

Frankfurt Rhein Main 1945.png

1 hour ago, 6FG_JoBravo said:

Did anyone try this ? I don't understand how this will fix a custom skin made by me with the provided 4k template

This should fix standard skins, however, these ones by 216th_Cat appear to have used a very dark alpha layer for the nose inner which will basically come out as see through

I had the same with one of the vents on the P38 skin tbh and had to alter the Alpha so it wasn't so dark, after that i had no further issues, happy to discuss in skins or via PM if these are your skins.

edit, No cat has been tagged, i'm sure he'll update these at some point. ;)

Edited by Melonfish
1 minute ago, Melonfish said:

This should fix standard skins, however, these ones by 216th_Cat appear to have used a very dark alpha layer for the nose inner which will basically come out as see through

I had the same with one of the vents on the P38 skin tbh and had to alter the Alpha so it wasn't so dark, after that i had no further issues, happy to discuss in skins or via PM if these are your skins.

edit, No cat has been tagged, i'm sure he'll update these at some point. ;)

For me, the default skins don't have this problem. It is only when working on a custom skin. I would at least apreciate if someone could point out, where on the Alpha template the inner side of the spinner resides so that I can alter it and make it less bright

35 minutes ago, 6FG_JoBravo said:

For me, the default skins don't have this problem. It is only when working on a custom skin. I would at least apreciate if someone could point out, where on the Alpha template the inner side of the spinner resides so that I can alter it and make it less bright

I'm yet to fully test but I believe it is here:

K54JpQW.jpg

With wireframe on it looks ok, with it off it's almost pure black, this appears to be the bit that's causing the see through parts.

if you modify these two black boxes with a lighter grey in the alpha before applying to your skin it should fix the issue.

again, i'm yet to fully test this as i've not skinned the 39 directly myself but a quick download and fiddle appears to indicate this as the location.

edit: worth mentioning that there's black squares on the skin template too so possibly worth lightening them a touch but worth playing with.

Edited by Melonfish

Brief description: The short and unrealistic smoke/dust  effect after tank shell hitting the ground.  

Detailed description, conditions

The current dust/smoke effect after shell hitting the ground is to short for tank crew. But for good example the smoke duration and direction exiting from the tank barrel after shot is good and I woud like to encourage to copy this timing  of thinning the smoke after the shot to shell hitting the ground also.

If resources (preformance) are meet enough it woud be great if the smoke direction and its directional volume would depend on the wind direction and it stranght .

Little randomization of the smoke appearance would be nice to see also as most effects look like copy paste and make you feel deja vu.

This would we great addition to realism of battlefield and immesrion of the tank crew.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

Good timing approximation

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
6 hours ago, Melonfish said:

I'm yet to fully test but I believe it is here:

K54JpQW.jpg

With wireframe on it looks ok, with it off it's almost pure black, this appears to be the bit that's causing the see through parts.

if you modify these two black boxes with a lighter grey in the alpha before applying to your skin it should fix the issue.

again, i'm yet to fully test this as i've not skinned the 39 directly myself but a quick download and fiddle appears to indicate this as the location.

edit: worth mentioning that there's black squares on the skin template too so possibly worth lightening them a touch but worth playing with.

Tested and FIXED !

• Like 1
  • 1CGS
12 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Brief description: The short and unrealistic smoke/dust  effect after tank shell hitting the ground.  

Work on the effects is underway, stay tuned)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Brief Description: Bristol Adjustable Stabiliser Control Animation Incomplete

Detailed Description: I'm presuming that animations for controls are covered in this thread. I've noticed that when using the adjustable stabiliser the control (the handbrake-esq lever on the right of the seat) in the Bristol Fighter that it's animated for just half of the axis according to the techno chat. The lever moves when the axis is in negative numbers but does not move when the axis is in positive numbers. I've attached a video where you can hopefully see this occurring. I've tried to look around the cockpit to see whether there is another control that is used for the remainder of the stabiliser travel instead (in case this is working as intended, as I do not know how this functioned irl) but cannot see anything else being animated.

Additional Assets:

PC Config Data:

Intel i5-2500 @3.30GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

NVIDIA Driver Version 461.40

Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit

Edited by Oliver88
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Brief description: Spitfire MK Vb windshield glass bug.
Detailed description, conditions: Windshield glass overlaps when move the camera.
Version: Update 4.601, PC specs on the signature.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by silvergun