BlackSix

Graphics, models and maps

Brief description: 

Hs129, when starting engines, the fire/smoke from exhaust isn't drawn over the wings (only after the trailing edge), giving the wrong impression that they are coming from below the wing. To reproduce, look at the exhausts (from inside the cockpit) when the engine starts.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Windows 10, Intel i5 3570 @ 4.30Ghz, Gtx 1080 8 Gb (driver version 452.06), 16Gb ram

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

Edited by jokerBR

Hope I'm in the good section. If not, sorry.

Tonight, on Finnish server, I noted missing brigde and road on Prokhorovka map, in 0707-09 : pictures from the Editor.

1710196698_Prokhorovka_Missingroadandbridge_0707-09_Map.thumb.jpg.85db521646012a61887c4ba377789105.jpg

549527766_Prokhorovka_Missingroadandbridge_0707-09_Photo.thumb.jpg.256676b2f94d70de1c223310fa39ba91.jpg

26074131_Prokhorovka_Missingroadandbridge_0707-09_Photo-zoom.thumb.jpg.91544f219da1deb47790c9b46e7c163d.jpg

• Thanks 1

Brief description: Velikie Luki Summer and Prokhorovka map coordinates are off.

Detailed description, conditions: When watching the flight within Tacview the location of the map is incorrect (Velikie Luki coordinates are near Moscow) and planes are sometimes moving like they are about to drop from the map (.ie keep jumping irrationally).

No big deal, affects Tacview users only AFAIK, but would be nice to be able to use Tacview on these maps too.

Brief description:   Right arm and hand of gunner comes through fuselage on Bf-110G2

Detailed description, conditions:  This occurred on Combat  Box.  The plane was not in combat.  It is present during the entire 2:30 minutes of a track (available).  I was not able to replicate it on QMB.

50363896752_0c64c4009f_b.jpg

50363038943_3d5ecd3677_b.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  See Signature

• Thanks 1

Brief description:
After ejecting the canopy, the handle remains at it's position in the 109F2.

Detailed description, conditions:

It's not exactly my experience. I was following the stream of Rhyno when we noticed it. He accidentally ejected the canopy off his 109 F2 but the little round canopy handle mysteriously remained attached to thin air instead of leaving with the window pane it's normally attached to.

Attached

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): His specs according to the twitch page

27" Acer Predator XB271HU 2k @ 165Hz

CPU: i7-9700k @ 5Ghz

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti - EVGA XC Ultra

Ram: Team Group Xtreem 32GB @ 3200

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD's

109_buggy_handle.PNG

Edited by CalaveraLoco
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Brief description:   Right arm and hand of gunner comes through fuselage on Bf-110G2

Detailed description, conditions:  This occurred on Combat  Box.  The plane was not in combat.  It is present during the entire 2:30 minutes of a track (available).  I was not able to replicate it on QMB.

50363896752_0c64c4009f_b.jpg

50363038943_3d5ecd3677_b.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  See Signature

Gunner's left arm does the same:

0IcF47K.jpg

Multiplayer, co-op, PWCG, 20/09/20. The gunner is not dead, although he is slumped on to his gun in a very unnatural position. His head still moves.

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: Graphic bug on map Stalingrad summer.

Detailed description, conditions: With the new update, the airfields have disappeared from the Stalingrad summer map in the mission editor.

9bGfxe6m.png

3GNhfB5m.png

14 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Do you still have a mission or track?

PM with track sent.

• Thanks 1

Since the last update I have the hovering road textures and railroad tracks again on the Moscow winter map.

Just tested in the SP quick mission editor, best visible at places where a lot of railroads and roads come together. Very annoying in ground attack missions.

I have no map mod running and the full mission editor is not in use.

My ATI Vega64 video card has 8 GB vram and uses the latest drivers.

System ram is 32 GB, Win10.

14 hours ago, vonGraf said:

Since the last update I have the hovering road textures and railroad tracks again on the Moscow winter map.

@vonGraf, You need to specify where the problem was noticed, season, area, screenshots/tracks/videos. I looked at all the starting points in QMB of Moscow, found no inconsistencies, and spent time that I could have directed to other tasks.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:49 AM, CalaveraLoco said:

Brief description:
After ejecting the canopy, the handle remains at it's position in the 109F2.

It's not exactly my experience. I was following the stream of Rhyno when we noticed it. He accidentally ejected the canopy off his 109 F2 but the little round canopy handle mysteriously remained attached to thin air instead of leaving with the window pane it's normally attached to.

Attached

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): His specs according to the twitch page

27" Acer Predator XB271HU 2k @ 165Hz

CPU: i7-9700k @ 5Ghz

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti - EVGA XC Ultra

Ram: Team Group Xtreem 32GB @ 3200

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD's

109_buggy_handle.PNG

I confirm, thank you for the report.

Brief description: Pe-2 (ser 35 and ser 87) instruments show reflections with cockpit reflections set to off.

Detailed description, conditions: The Pe-2 cockpit instruments (in both series) show reflections even when the "cockpit reflections" graphics setting is Off. I have not seen other planes showing this behaviour, but I haven't tested all of them.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): v4.501

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2020 at 8:32 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

@vonGraf, You need to specify where the problem was noticed, season, area, screenshots/tracks/videos. I looked at all the starting points in QMB of Moscow, found no inconsistencies, and spent time that I could have directed to other tasks.

Thank you very much, you're my favorite debugging pilot. :good:

• Like 1

Brief description: Terrain, forests and cities appears blurry and low-resolution/jagged at full field of view
Detailed description, conditions:  Flying at middle to high altitudes, terrain appears very blurry and jagged in the distance at maximum field of view. Zooming in slightly will make it render properly. It is most noticeable on winter maps but seems to be on all maps in all seasons. Testing with different Distant Landscape Detail or Horizon distance settings does not make much difference, if any. 
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):    Video at link  shows behavior when zooming in and out. Attached track is for the flight the video was taken from. MIssion on Combat Box server on the winter Rhineland map. Skip to time 0:29 to 0:40 for best example - watch the forest in the middle of the screen. Even with SD quality upload you can see the issue. Apologies for video quality, my upload speed on my internet is slow. 

Track File available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEpCnBr7mgneXP4vocPGgSJce5Md9ZM9/view?usp=sharing

System Info: i5-7500 @ 3.7GHZ, GTX 1660 Super with 445.75 drivers, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 version 1909
All Nvidia control panel settings are default except Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias is set to CLAMP and Power Management Mode is set to Prefer Maximum Performance
Game Graphic Settings are here:
1810046925_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2020_10.19-20_54_55_71.thumb.png.b400d954eb361adff53893afd7c63cb8.png

• Upvote 3

Brief description: U-2s are only visible at very short distance or high zoom.

Detailed description, conditions: U-2 3D model disappears beyond a very short distance from the camera (it can be seen again by zooming in). I have observed this in Ice Ring campaign missions.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): v4.501

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  Attached short track from mission 4 of Ice Ring campaign (needs to display icons to see where the plane is when not zoomed in).

Track_invisible_U2.zip

On 10/20/2020 at 9:01 AM, RedKestrel said:

Brief description: Terrain, forests and cities appears blurry and low-resolution/jagged at full field of view

This is not a bug, it's the rendering optimization that works, of course, I would like the technology to be " seamless "between the detailed and "optimized" forest.  So please accept it as it is.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

This is not a bug, it's the rendering optimization that works, of course, I would like the technology to be " seamless "between the detailed and "optimized" forest.  So please accept it as it is.

Would a better video card, or reduced settings elsewhere in the graphics, help with reducing this effect, or is it a 'hard' limit in the game? According to my hardware monitoring I'm not running low on memory or GPU memory and am running at about 80% GPU. 

@RedKestrel, I can't give a clear answer, with graphics, the issues are not obvious. We are still working on improving the graphics, and I also hope that the graphics issue will be resolved consistently.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@RedKestrel, I can't give a clear answer, with graphics, the issues are not obvious. We are still working on improving the graphics, and I also hope that the graphics issue will be resolved consistently.

Thank you. I will do some experimenting myself, and if I find anything that improves the situation I will post more information.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, cranking up the "Distant Landscape Detail" minimizes the issue - it still appears, but the 'low res' areas are less jagged and noticeable in flight. This does have a bit of a performance impact.

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:51 AM, Voidhunger said:

SU152 crew is escaping the vehicle without opening hatches.

su152hatches.jpg

I couldn't repeat it.

10 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

I couldn't repeat it.

Maybe rare bug. But on rare occasions when my panther was badly damaged by su122 all crew was escaping but the driver hatch was closed. The driver was escaping on the radio operator side.

All crew members manage to escape and the loader hatch is not opened.

But I dont know if the loader hatch is fully modeled. Need to check

escapePanzerIV.jpg

4 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

The loader is apparently being evacuated through the commander's hatch) thank you, I'll ask.

14 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

escapePanzerIV.jpg

I don't think the loader's hatch is modeled, because you actually can't take the position of the loader. All other positions (driver, radio operator/front machine gunner,

gunner and commander) can be manned and are fully modeled.

In Career mode, on the Moscow front, the squadron Icons no longer appear on the Headquarter map since last update (4503)...:(

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is the right place, please move it to the correct topic if it is not...

Brief Description: IL2 1943 Mod Flaps Will not lower from half position.

The IL2 1943 mod is supposed to have flaps that extend either half, or full.  I was messing around with it, and discovered that if you try to extend to half flaps, the flap lever seems to hesitate at the half position, then continues forward to the full position. It never stays at the half flap position.  If you hold the keybind down fpr a few secomds (for me it is LCTL f) the flap lever hesitates at the half (straight up) position, flaps go to half, indicator on the wing agrees, but the lever continues to the full down position, even though the flaps remain at half.  You cannot continue to extend the flaps to full from the half position (one would think you could). In order to get full flaps, you have to completely raise the flaps, then TAP the flap down key.  The flaps then extend to full, and raise normally.  The problem here is you cannot lower the flaps any further from the half-flap position without first raising the flaps fully.  I used the keyboard to test this, not the throttle flap down switch.  If I'm not mistaken, the first activation of the flap down key SHOULD send the flaps to their first extended position, in this case half.  The second press should extend them to the next notch, in this case full.  Doesn't do that at all, especially since the flap lever in the cockpit hesitates at the half position (straight up) then goes un-commanded to the fully extended position (the left-side wing indicator seems to be accurate, shows half flap when half, full when full, up when up).  The lever always goes to the fully extended position, causing a mismatch in the flap position and the lever position.  I'm pretty sure that's the bug.

The flaps SHOULD work by pressing the key binding for flaps down, either pulse or hold, and the flaps should extend to half.  The second press should extend them fully.  Reverse is true for raising, first press from fully extended should raise to half, second press to fully retracted.  Clearly this is not happening.

Edited by Darkdiz

Brief description:

Terrain level anomaly

Noticed weird terrain anomalies on Moscow and Stalingrad maps while testing weather settings (rain in overcast). See video. Video taken on Stalingrad map at grid 1906.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

See signature.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@LLv34_Untamo, the mission editor was not launched at the same time as the game?

Hmm... yeah I think it was running at the same time as I was testing different weather settings in rapid succession. It can cause this? Rarely do anything with the editor so haven't noticed this before...

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Velikie Luki summer map

# 10039 this map is not available for your account. 

it’s possible I missed this issue in this tread somewhere. @-DED-Rapidus 

41 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@rowdyb00t, under what circumstances does this message appear?

In QMB, when I select Velikie Luki summer and proceed to start. While it loads, it kicks back to the QMB screen with the message 

# 10039 this map is not available for your account

• Thanks 1

Brief description:
Hurricane Mk II Incorrect Damage Model oil flow.

Detailed description:
Hurricane Mk II with 4x Hispano cannons and upgraded engine.
Some oil leaks displayed on the Hurricane DM are flowing in the wrong direction. Some leaking oil is moving forward instead of backwards. 
As well as flow that can appear without origin. Only witnessed on the left wing. Would require more checking to see if this is the only instance where this happens. (different modifications or different place on the plane)

See image below.
Blue arrow shows correct flow.
Red is incorrect flow.
Yellow arrow shows incorrect flow without origin (missing bullet hole)

2020_11_25__20_54_13_1.thumb.jpg.41989616f72b1d480b8670946854ea2d.jpg

On 11/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, rowdyb00t said:

In QMB, when I select Velikie Luki summer and proceed to start. While it loads, it kicks back to the QMB screen with the message 

# 10039 this map is not available for your account

Are mods disabled?

1 hour ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Are mods disabled?

I’ll try with them disabled when I get home, Thanks

Edited by rowdyb00t