Graphics, models and maps

In Ferdinand tank its possible to speed up rotation of the commander and gunner rear/side periscope if you press key to rotate to the other side while holding  the previous one.

Press Rshift + key to rotate to the left  and now press key to rotate to the right (still hold key to the left) and the speed of the rotation is rapidly increased.

I dont know if its bug or feature.

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
8 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

In Ferdinand tank its possible to speed up rotation of the commander and gunner rear/side periscope if you press key to rotate to the other side while holding  the previous one.

Press Rshift + key to rotate to the left  and now press key to rotate to the right (still hold key to the left) and the speed of the rotation is rapidly increased.

I dont know if its bug or feature.

Thank you for the useful and clear WTR.

Brief description: Pixelation of the exterior model
Detailed description, conditions: It is still an AMD driver problem. (I didn't find this particular case here on the fast track, so I posted it here.)  If you select the MSAA option, there are pixels flickering on the aircraft surface in the exterior view. There is also a "broken" shadow on this side from time to time. In the assets you find the original post in the 4.006 thread for the issue with some pictures.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61739-ati-radeon-troubles-after-4006-update/?do=findComment&comment=946963https:

My PC specs:  Win 10 / RX 5700 XT (Driver: 20.7.1) / AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Processor / 16GB RAM

Edited by 6FG_Big_Al
fixed driver version

After the update I have some of the roads and railways hovering ~50m above the ground when playing singleplayer missions (generated by PWCG). It's difficult to see but it happened on the Moscow map in summer and winter.

hover.thumb.jpg.88847b9c39d7a3162f81769280019bcf.jpg

18 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@6FG_Big_Al, please, take a screenshot of the graphics settings in the game, and the second question is, did you reset the graphics settings in the driver to default?

Hi @-DED-Rapidus, to answer your question yes the settings of the driver are default. Even when I did a small mistake. (The current version of the driver is: 20.7.1)   The ingame settings are under the spoiler.

Spoiler

Grafiksettings.thumb.jpg.58601aec0020aa4fac70418f2d4c3e24.jpg

If there is anything else I can do or test, don't hesitate to ask me :)

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
4 hours ago, vonGraf said:

After the update I have some of the roads and railways hovering ~50m above the ground when playing singleplayer missions (generated by PWCG). It's difficult to see but it happened on the Moscow map in summer and winter.

hover.thumb.jpg.88847b9c39d7a3162f81769280019bcf.jpg

There was an elevation correction on the map of Moscow, so wait for the PCWG fix.

5 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

There was an elevation correction on the map of Moscow, so wait for the PCWG fix.

I can see same issue on Moscow map. Only some roads, not all of them.

Quick mission, no mods.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 7/10/2020 at 5:25 PM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Seems a mod for another map was causing this in my case. I've tested it the vanilla game now and didn't see any issue anymore.

12 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@vonGraf, or not enough video memory )

In my case I had to disable my Kuban and Bodenplatte map mod to get the Moscow map working correctly again. I could even enable all my other mods again, it's all good now in vanilla singleplayer and PWCG missions. But thanks for your tips.

I wasn't aware that a mod for the i.e. Kuban map can affect the Moscow map too. Ok, learnt something new about the game, that's good as well.

My graphic card has 8 GB that should be enough; IL2 (+Win10) consumes 4 - 6 GB depending on the settings.

Brief description: Duplicated tank explosion on the ground without object (tank)

Detailed description, conditions: QMB Prokhorovka map, in one case I knocked out Panzer IVG which exploded and at the same time explosion was duplicated on 

the ground without tank.

on the second occasion in the same mission Panzer III was knocked out by AI and again the explosion of the tank was duplicated

on the ground.       Version 4.008b

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

expl1.jpg

expl2.jpg

expl3.jpg

expl4.jpg

expl5.jpg

expl6.jpg

expl7.jpg

expl8.jpg

Edited by Voidhunger
  • 1CGS
9 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

there is sometimes this strange smoke what I at first thought its a new graphic effect.

I dont know if its related to the endless firing bug and the flash from the gun its not visible.

Most likely the sticking effect gunsmoke, the t-34 was hit at the time of the shot, when there was a withdrawal of gunpowder gases from the tower.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Rapidus,

I was hit badly in PzIV and survived, tank started to burn, commander and loader dead.

Main gun damaged, engine damaged, fuel leak and more.

Fire was extinguished and I was able to drive.

Survived another shot. Started to fire again at KV1 (unfortunately confused the right one and I was firing at the already knocked out :)).

Excellent experience to survive some shots with internal damage and wounded/killed crew!

Excellent stuff, this I want to see more in every tank please!!!

Anyway I wanted to carefully get close, but ran out of fuel.

I press the eject button and right after the driver get out, tank started to burn and before the gunner left out tank exploded.

Is it a bug or some kind of self destruct feature?

and you can see at the 3rd screenshot that the duplicit explosion bug is there too.

Im seeing this duplicit explosion bug extremely often

in video its at cca 12:10 time

https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/8HvjQrD

destruct1.jpg

destruct2.jpg

destruct3.jpg

destruct4.jpg

destruct5.jpg

destruct6.jpg

Edited by Voidhunger
  • 1CGS

@Voidhunger, the problem is known ) this is not a feature unfortunately. You turned on the evacuation animation, but at this moment there was an explosion, since everyone in the crew was killed, the camera took a neutral (initial) position of the driver's seat.

and there's that damn double explosion again....

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

first, thanks for your time!

Brief description:

As you can see at my pictures, I got this bad graphic issues. I got this issues for about 2 weeks now. The issue doesn´t came from the gpu, because I already tested a second one and it got the same issue.  I also tested all the graphic settings to solve this problem, but only  FXAA makes a little difference. With FXAA the issue is a bit smaller.

Detailed description, conditions:

First everything looks fine and after less then a minute the clouds, sky and horizon changes with glimmer, flicker and waves.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 18363, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32 RAM, RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 2560 x 1440 (32bit) (144hz)

Maybe someone of you solved that problem. Thanks in advance!

20200805_202526175_iOS.jpg

20200808_011742000_iOS.png

20200808_011749000_iOS.png

Edited by Foundouli91

Hello devs:

Brief description: In Rheinland map, Venlo airfield, ghost icon (or something) over taxiway
Detailed description, conditions: When you taxi in this taxiway there´s some strange thing that broke your plane (if going fast) or move your plane like a crush when taxi low. Maybe a ghost tree? Checked in clean Rheinland map with no icons, cities, bridges (template)

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Win10, i5 7600k, Asus Maximus IX, 1070ti, 32GB RAM, 500GB M.2

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):Attached

venlo_AF.jpg

venlo_AF-2.jpg

@-DED-Rapidus attached, maybe the .list file have my pc config route. Also now I have a issue with Velikie Luki summer map. Map works fine, but when you get out the game, it freeze and this message is displayed:

"Config errors found. Saved to 'CFG Pool.log'

Checked this file and displays this info:

luascripts/worldobjects/blocks/static_boxnb_3.txt: Invalid arguments number (3 instead of 4) of var: energyloss
luascripts/worldobjects/blocks/static_tanknb_5.txt: Invalid arguments number (3 instead of 4) of var: energyloss
luascripts/worldobjects/blocks/static_platformemptynb_3.txt: Invalid arguments number (3 instead of 4) of var: energyloss
luascripts/worldobjects/blocks/static_tanknb_3.txt: Invalid arguments number (3 instead of 4) of var: energyloss
luascripts/worldobjects/blocks/static_platformnb_3.txt: Invalid arguments number (3 instead of 4) of var: energyloss
luascripts/worldobjects/blocks/static_pass_5.txt: Invalid arguments number (3 instead of 4) of var: energyloss
luascripts/worldobjects/blocks/static_pass_3.txt: Invalid arguments number (3 instead of 4) of var: energyloss
luascripts/worldobjects/blocks/static_platformnb_5.txt: Invalid arguments number (3 instead of 4) of var: energyloss

@-DED-Rapidus do you need new bug-Issue report for this Velikie Luki summer map or with this info is fine?

Thanks, regards, 

Venlo_Mision.rar

Brief description: Too short LOD distance for the high-res buildings
Detailed description, conditions: Since 4.009, the LOD distance of the high-res buildings seems to have been changed to a *much* too close distance (see screenshot). This results in the buildings looking quite ugly up close. The LOD distance seems to be calculated from the center of the building group instead of for each individual building; since some buildings groups are quite large, the effect can be quite clear and ugly. The problem is especially apparent on the semi-destroyed buildings, as the roof/walls of the lower-LOD models are generally a single quad. I didn't notice this problem before 4.009.

badlod.thumb.jpg.7779777c41f2e11d83603b97da7abdd3.jpg
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Win10 1909, latest RTX 2060 driver, graphics settings Ultra with 4k textures and distant buildings.

3 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

Detailed description, conditions: Since 4.009, the LOD distance of the high-res buildings seems to have been changed to a *much* too close distance (see screenshot). This results in the buildings looking quite ugly up close. The LOD distance seems to be calculated from the center of the building group instead of for each individual building; since some buildings groups are quite large, the effect can be quite clear and ugly. The problem is especially apparent on the semi-destroyed buildings, as the roof/walls of the lower-LOD models are generally a single quad. I didn't notice this problem before 4.009.

badlod.thumb.jpg.7779777c41f2e11d83603b97da7abdd3.jpg
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Win10 1909, latest RTX 2060 driver, graphics settings Ultra with 4k textures and distant buildings.

What map are you using in your case (screenshot)? All maps but the Prokhorovka map have lower detailed buildings.

Brief description: A-20 British gunner model
Detailed description, conditions: Although not explicitly mentioned in the 4.006 changelog as one of the planes with a pilot model that depends on the assigned nationality, the A-20 pilot and observer do change their model if they're set to GB. However, the tail gunner still uses the Soviet model.

sovietgunner.thumb.jpg.b3aafbc7000a1acab8b9100cf66d6150.jpg
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Win10 1909, latest RTX 2060 driver, graphics settings Ultra with 4k textures and distant buildings, though I doubt this is of any use in this case 😉

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed
  • Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
2 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

Brief description: A-20 British gunner model

Thanks!

On 8/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, AEthelraedUnraed said:

Please write down the track, we need an example for analysis.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:59 AM, GOA_Walter_Nowotny said:

attached, maybe the .list file have my pc config route. Also now I have a issue with Velikie Luki summer map. Map works fine, but when you get out the game, it freeze and this message is displayed:

"Config errors found. Saved to 'CFG Pool.log'

Thank you, we fixed this problem, the next update will fix it(we will deal with Venlo airfield later.).

On 8/21/2020 at 4:40 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Please write down the track, we need an example for analysis.

I've provided a Minimal Working Example mission (basically one (damaged) house and a tank) as well as a track recording to illustrate the problem.

Although there's only one building in the mission, the problem exists with all high-res buildings as far as I can tell (although it is more visible on some).

I've pinpointed the problem to the FOV settings that are quite wide for the tank commander position. The effect can be seen in the screenshots below (I took just the center part of the screen):

badlod_4.png.ef42d8f2fbb5fb1a946eb1ed7e454fe8.png

Note how in the upper left screenshot the building is basically invisible from a relatively short distance due to the wrong LOD being used at the (default for the Pz.IV commander) FOV of 92 degrees! If I decrease the FOV to 88 degrees, the building does suddenly show up.

As stated, my graphics settings are Ultra with 4k textures and distant buildings. My resolution is 1920x1080.

Low_Lod_MWE.zip

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed
  • Thanks 1

Brief description: On the Arras map trains will not cross some bridges when you make the bridges an active object by creating a linked entity

Deatailed description: The train will stop on the bridge and will not move any further. If the bridge is no linked entity the train will pass over it with no issues.

Map coordinates for bridges identified as not working as a linked entity according to the GUI map:

0608/5 the eastern one

0407/7

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr

Brief description: British and German WW1 tanks don't fire their MGs at planes,  WW1 tanks also can not crush every barbed wire model used on the frontline of the Arras map. 

Deatailed description: British and German WW1 tanks don't fire their MGs at planes, even if you activate air targets in the attack area MCU. They also seem to only use their MGs when the attack area MCU is set to attack ground. WW1 tanks also can not crush every barbed wire model used on the frontline on the Arras map. The tanks will roll over the wire, which makes it burn and then get stuck on it.

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr
  • 1CGS
On 8/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, J99_Sizzlorr said:

Brief description: On the Arras map trains will not cross some bridges when you make the bridges an active object by creating a linked entity

Deatailed description: The train will stop on the bridge and will not move any further. If the bridge is no linked entity the train will pass over it with no issues.

Map coordinates for bridges identified as not working as a linked entity according to the GUI map:

0608/5 the eastern one

0407/7

On 8/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, J99_Sizzlorr said:

Brief description: British and German WW1 tanks don't fire their MGs at planes,  WW1 tanks also can not crush every barbed wire model used on the frontline of the Arras map. 

Deatailed description: British and German WW1 tanks don't fire their MGs at planes, even if you activate air targets in the attack area MCU. They also seem to only use their MGs when the attack area MCU is set to attack ground. WW1 tanks also can not crush every barbed wire model used on the frontline on the Arras map. The tanks will roll over the wire, which makes it burn and then get stuck on it.

In both cases we need your missions that have a problem.