Pre xmas module sale?

Does anyone know if this is still supposed to happen? Customer support said there would be one soon when I emailed them last week about it. Turns out I need BoBp to play multi-player in my region and I can't justify buying a second battle at full price without having seen what MP is like yet.

They sometimes have one in January I think?

19 hours ago, Enialis said:

Does anyone know if this is still supposed to happen? Customer support said there would be one soon when I emailed them last week about it. Turns out I need BoBp to play multi-player in my region and I can't justify buying a second battle at full price without having seen what MP is like yet.

That sounds unlikely... surely one should be able to play any module in any region?

16 hours ago, Avimimus said:

They sometimes have one in January I think?

That sounds unlikely... surely one should be able to play any module in any region?

Let me clarify, the only multiplayer servers being run in my region with good ping are playing late war maps with late war planes. Combat Box is specifically the one im buying it for as they are the closest server to me that has good connections and consistent players. Im buying the whole series before the sale ends now so problem solved.

7 minutes ago, pippa101 said:

Hi, I brought the BoS/M/K through STEAM, if I buy addtional material through the store here is it easy to assimilate the bits together? Or do I now have to buy everything through STEAM? Many thanks. 

No, you don't have to buy everything through Steam. You cab buy everything through the Store and combine then. The details are on tghe forum on how to do it.

By buying all through through this site, you are ensuring that iL2 get all the proceeds

Have fun

Edited by No.85_Camm
1 minute ago, No.85_Camm said:

No, you don't have to buy everything through Steam. You cab buy everything through the Store and combine then. The details are on tghe forum on how to do it.

Have fun

Thank you, the forum is quite large; any idea on where I may find the guide please?

1 minute ago, pippa101 said:

Thank you, the forum is quite large; any idea on where I may find the guide please?

As I recall, when you purchase through this site, you get a key, then, when you log into Steam, they ask you for the key code.

I may be wrong, but I believe its as simple as that....but I will check

You can link your iL2 account to your Steam account

4 hours ago, Enialis said:

Let me clarify, the only multiplayer servers being run in my region with good ping are playing late war maps with late war planes. Combat Box is specifically the one im buying it for as they are the closest server to me that has good connections and consistent players. Im buying the whole series before the sale ends now so problem solved.

Yeah... it sucks... it took me about five years after release to get a fast enough connection to fly Il-2 1946... and by then all of the servers were 1943-1945... I never really got to fly the early war aircraft I'd liked (and the combat is so different after the middle of the war).

3 hours ago, pippa101 said:

Hi there,

I think I found the topic about the linkage of Steam and GB accounts. Didn’t read it all but let me know if that it or not and will do another search.