Discussion of Flying Circus II Announcement

59 minutes ago, US93_Larner said:

@Jason any word on which engine the Pfalz D.XII will have? Mercedes or BMW? 

BMW, but it would be nice to have an option at least for the DIIIa(which was included in first release) if not the DIIIau.

It was nice underdog with the DIIIa engine.

1 hour ago, Cynic_Al said:

Further maps are no doubt welcome, but all those concerned must be aware that FC planes face serious issues with the terrain as currently presented, which seriously restricts mission builders' options in the locating of airfields.

Could we have at least an assurance that the problem of ground rolling resistance will be addressed?

Reading the announcement and this post, I am thrilled beyond all expectations🥳

I would pre-order immediately if my family wouldn't. ;) One way or the other, my money is yours. But I cheat you - I get the best part!

So here's for FC2 🥂 !!! DOUBLE FUN!

Bidu - Diversão em Dobro

The Zeppelin AI is a fantastic idea. Maybe one day - dreams take time.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, YESSSH!!! 
Going to preorder as soon as my economy allow. 
Bombers, big beautiful bombers!

And the stuff Jason writes about in his Briefing room sounds promising. FC did take a great step into the BoS engine and I greatly enjoy it. It's just the fiddelity of the damage models and perhapps the clouds that would make it absolutly perfect!

Had a MP flight in a Spad this sunday. Got my ass handed to me royaly by Fokker D.VIIs, but darn if it isn't nice to fly those kites.

Looking forward to how this developes.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ACG_Ginger said:

Can i use all the RoF aircraft and addons i Paid £400 for since its the same plane set recycled?

Oh jeez...If you feel you aren't getting anything new, and it's no new value added to you, nobody is making you buy it.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, SqueakyS said:

Made a quick and dirty guide to what RoF planes have been ported over for people like me who aren't as familiar with the names.

FCPlaneChart.thumb.jpg.c0d8c65cf177e1ef55fa1f39f2781f23.jpg

This is also great for those of us who never played RoF and are wondering what everyone is talking about.

Thanks for this.......now is the time to sit and wait for float planes!!

Great news, but I’m quite surprised by the omission of the R.E.8, especially since we’re getting its rival DFW. Those two are the biggest pieces missing from FC1, and it seems we’ll still be short one. But enough complaining ... where’s my wallet?!

Edited by the_dudeWG
29 minutes ago, SqueakyS said:

Made a quick and dirty guide to what RoF planes have been ported over for people like me who aren't as familiar with the names.

FCPlaneChart.thumb.jpg.c0d8c65cf177e1ef55fa1f39f2781f23.jpg

Shouldn't that chart have the Hanriot HD.2 and the Ilya Mourometz?

2 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Shouldn't that chart have the Hanriot HD.2 and the Ilya Mourometz?

Hanriot HD.2 was packaged with the HD.1, you bought both as one. Ilya Mourometz was it's on package with a eastern front map. (was briefly planned to be a separate client)

4 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

...I bought this in 1967. Picture 1 of 7

I remember that game!  I got mine around the same time.  I loved playing it and taking the pieces and flying them around the room in my hand.  That's where I learned what a Jasta was.  Such fun!  Thanks for the memory!

BTW, just pre-bought FC2.  Bombers!  Big ol' lumberin' bombers!  Can't wait to fly 'em, can't wait to shoot 'em down!  Overall a nicer planeset than I even hoped for.

Now,,,learning to be patient.....oh God! 😬

Edited by Beebop
21 minutes ago, migmadmarine said:

Hanriot HD.2 was packaged with the HD.1, you bought both as one. Ilya Mourometz was it's on package with a eastern front map. (was briefly planned to be a separate client)

Thanks! It seems a shame when they could've sold it separately... they managed to have three N.17 variants and they are more similar to each other (although some of those were free)!

Ah! That explains the Ilya... I briefly had that separate client btw.

7 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

All that for 60 bucks???

7F4E3263-DBAB-486C-BB9F-A60C84990718.gif.935424d99f9f35f735f0c0052210e2d2.gif

Anyone know what movie that is from?

3 minutes ago, Redwo1f said:

Not if one or more make it to those unannounced collector planes mentioned...

Come on ....Pup! 😉

I got the impression that the collector planes will be  brand new...

As for the Strutter and F.E.2b... they'll be short a couple of airplanes to make the twenty required for FCIII and FCIV... so part of me hopes we might get an early model Strutter (130km/h - something the E.III Eindecker can actually catch!) and a late model F.E.2d (twice the firepower)... it'd be great if some of the later modules allow expanding engine variants or doing things like providing weapon modifications for the D.H.2... one of the reasons to hope these aircraft get released later when the project is more mature.

Edited by Avimimus