Discussion of Flying Circus II Announcement

Also hope that in the career mode, when that comes, the RNAS squadrons are made up of RNAS aircrew, RFC squadrons are made up of RFC aircrew etc.

As in the career mode for Rise of Flight no matter what squadron you chose your persona (and the others) would be using RFC ranks. Rather irked me and was one benefit of PWCG over the standard career as PWCG acknowledged the existence of RNAS personnel.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Can't wait to see what DVIII beast wings are like.....more crying for 3rd PG.

DVIII/EV is a real beauty and joy to fly in ROF.

I hope that at least one of the new collectors plane will be Siemens scout! Please!

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Upvote 2

S! All

A quick question:   The Arras Map is-  Pick one.

A. Beautifully detailed.

B. Stunningly realistic at low altitudes.

C. Totally awesome in VR.

The correct answer is D. All of the above.

Would expanding that map east or west really add anything?  Sixty km from the front is about the maximum that anybody uses.

My purpose in this is to save the Devs from working on something that is already in the game and have them spend time and effort on Verdun. Woohoo! ( Just so psyched about seeing Verdun in this level of detail.)

If they really want to improve the Arras map all they need do is add these missing airfields:

Bailleul  0105.3
Lomme Lille 0207.1
La Gorgue 0305.8
Hesdigneul 0404.5
Villers-Bretonneux 1204.4
Faucaucourt en Santerre  1206.4

Change name of Villers Bretonneux at 1203.9 to Cashy-Bois

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

I really appreciate bringing new content into the Il-2 Sturmovik game. I really do.
On the other hand I'm still missing some features in existing products:

• Recently released Tank Crew is full of bugs 
  • in WWII scenarios Allies are missing flyable transport aircraft
  • in WWII scenarios Allies are missing real medium/heavy bomber (like TB-3 or B-17)

I'm happy devs are working on multiple projects in parallel. I would appreciate finishing existing scenarios much more. 

• Valid point
  • Not an important enough feature to bother complaining about
  • Has been explicitly stated several times...ain't going to happen, not on the radar, don't hold your breath
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Further maps are no doubt welcome, but all those concerned must be aware that FC planes face serious issues with the terrain as currently presented, which seriously restricts mission builders' options in the locating of airfields.

Could we have at least an assurance that the problem of ground rolling resistance will be addressed?

• Upvote 2

Pre-Ordered! 

Everything here is great. I was pleasantly surprised to see Flying Circus III mentioned as well. 

Very excited and optimistic about the future of FC!

1 minute ago, Cynic_Al said:

Further maps are no doubt welcome, but all those concerned must be aware that FC planes face serious issues with the terrain as currently presented, which seriously restricts mission builders' options in the locating of airfields.

Could we have at least an assurance that the problem of ground rolling resistance will be addressed?

Did you see the latest developer diary by chance? Those changes apply to all of the maps.

Great announcement, great  plane set! Thank you 👍

It really appears to me that you took to heart a big portion of the failings of FC1 and really addressed that (bigger map, more relevant/better utilized two-seaters, single player campaign) - well done! (not going to mention the "other" thing (hoping it gets addressed in time too, as it looks like it will) - but very impressed!! 😁

The announcement of a single player campaign (FINALLY) is very welcome news, as I have no interest whatsoever in multi-player flying or third party addons such as PWCG. 

But, I am curious if this single player campaign will also be available to those of us whom pre-purchased Volume I in good faith that one would eventually be created for it?

If not, then that's going to permanently turn me off this series (and developer) completely. 

Edited by Von_Drinkoften
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GISTAND1949 said:

WHERE IS FLYING CIRCUS  VOLUME II IN THE GAME...I JUST PURCHISED IT BUT IT IS NOT IN THE GAME WHEN I LUNCH IL-2 STRUMOVIK GREAT BATTLES?

WHERE IS HANRIOT HD1 IN THE GAME...I JUST PARACHUTED BUT ALL I SEE ARE THESE PUNY ENTENTE AND AXIS MACHINES WHEN I BRUNCH IL-2 BELGIUMOVIK GREAT WAFFLES?

(it’s coming)

• Haha 3

Wow, this is great news. My grandpa (yes I'm over 70) would be stoked! He was an airplane mechanic (repaired wood structure) on the DH.4 in the 155th Aero Sq.

His unit had the DH.4 with 400 hp Liberty v-12 engines. He always talked about that engine (I have a manufactures plate off the DH.4 he took from a downed aircraft). His unit got to the conflict in Sept 1918, but did not see any action. They did however fly recon and look for downed aircraft after 11.11.11-1918.

This is exactly what I was looking for. At my age I only fly single player or scripted missions with easy settings except getting killed and the plane breaking up. Pretty sure if I tried more realistic settings or against real pilots online I'd die right away, just like playing Fortnite with my grandson. Anyway, so glad to see the DH.4!!!!

Think I'll go ahead and do the Pe-order. As I understand it, Pre-order means we will get the aircraft to use as they are produced with the first aircraft Spad 7.c1 sometime in Jan. Will the DH.4 come next??  And ..... We'll be able to use these aircraft on FCI map until the new map comes out at the end of the year.  Is that all correct??

PS - The DH.4 with liberty engine was the only American built aircraft to see action in WW1. Unfortunately, the Airco DH.4 is not the American built aircraft with 400hp Liberty engine. "Collector Plane??" Hmmmm

Edited by Old49r
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Old49r said:

Think I'll go ahead and do the Pe-order. As I understand it, Pre-order means we will get the aircraft to use as they are produced with the first aircraft Spad 7.c1 sometime in Jan. Will the DH.4 come next??  And ..... We'll be able to use these aircraft on FCI map until the new map comes out at the end of the year.  Is that all correct??

The first aircraft will be ready sometime in spring, and I don't think the exact order they will be produced is certain yet, but otherwise you are quite correct, sir!

• Thanks 1

Come on guys, it’s 2020. Can we be happy for a moment?

6 months ago the idea of FC2 happening at all was still 50/50. Now we have FC2 confirmed AND FC3 + brand new planes semi-confirmed, with FC4 a very real possibility.

• Upvote 9
20 minutes ago, J5_HellCat_ said:

Ran out of upvotes

Sadly that's one feature I dislike with the forum and wish we had more. I'm sure I'm near the end of mine too.

I've always been a big WW2 era enthusiast, especially the pacific theatre. However I'm seriously considering this and supporting their hard work, even if its an era thats not usually my cup of tea. I'm also going to use it to educate myself more on the era.

I loved oleg's work at the start of the IL2 series, the passion, caring he put into it. It wasnt a game for him, but an artform. The reason I support Jason and the current team, is that they have the same mentality and it shows. Its amazing.

Edited by ksetuni
  • Upvote 3