Discussion of Flying Circus II Announcement

I’m still a bit distrust on this the announcement of Ugramedia involved into this game. Convince me, Ugramedia can now finally make an real decent 3D map like we wanting to see in 2021 or still making 2D and black tarpits as the  highlight of its craftsmanship. 

7 minutes ago, veenee said:

I am a bit disappointed there is no discount for those who bought FC vol I...  perhaps something to consider still?

Why ?  There were no additional discounts in the BoX series for those who bought Stalingrad.

With that line of reasoning perhaps you can petition Jason for a discount if you bought Dynamix Red Baron.

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, veenee said:

I am a bit disappointed there is no discount for those who bought FC vol I...  perhaps something to consider still?

$20,- discount looks fair to me for an new game. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, veenee said:

Honestly, we have it pretty good. The standard discount for a new preorder is $10. They're giving us $20 off preorders! 😮 And Vol I is at a steep discount right now too for those who haven't taken the plunge yet. 😎 You're entitled to your own opinion, of course, but I really believe we are being given a more than generous deal here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Great news, I think it is time to finally dip in to the Flying Circus!

@Jason_Williams; one feature our group really enjoyed using in RoF was the Spotters Recon role where a button appeared during flight (at the map-maker's discretion) for completion of photo reconaissance and artillery spotting roles, will something like this reappear in the BoX / FC game ever at all? It gave good reason to flying certain types of aircraft in a manner distinct from others, and it would be wonderful to see it return again.

Edited by Leifr
  • Upvote 7
1 minute ago, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

Honestly, we have it pretty good. The standard discount for a new preorder is $10. They're giving us $20 off preorders! 😮 And Vol I is at a steep discount right now too for those who haven't taken the plunge yet. 😎 You're entitled to your own opinion, of course, but I really believe we are being given a more than generous deal here.

Indeed!

49 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

You'll get both.

Jason

If Talbot's getting both then I want a Secret Stuka modification.

Jason, I bought this in 1967. Picture 1 of 7 Can I get an additional 5 bucks off ???

SH&T,  just noticed Alby wings.....just like FC lol !!

Edited by J5_Klugermann
  • Haha 8

What an overwhelmingly positive row of news - not only Gothas and recons but a potential (likely) Volume 3 confirmed, and new (???) collector planes?!
I was going to wait until after payday/christmas but I think I want to show my approval right away. Excellent news and thank you for elaborating in the Officer's club!

I’m still distrustful  that  Ugramedia is producing the map, as the FC1 is not well made. Convince me that this time Ugramedia is now hiring talented designers & studens, who can make an decent map for VR users and not a flat pancake with black tar pits. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks Jason and team - there goes some of my wife's Christmas Present money - guess she's only getting the slippers and not the dressing gown set she wanted - ah, well - never mind - maybe I'll show her how to fly a plane...! LOL - :dance:

Glad to be a part of such a bunch of enthusiasts - :crazy: - crazy fokkers... :wacko:

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Thaddeus_Darwin said:

Thanks Jason and team - there goes some of my wife's Christmas Present money - guess she's only getting the slippers and not the dressing gown set she wanted - ah, well - never mind - maybe I'll show her how to fly a plane...! LOL - :dance:

Glad to be a part of such a bunch of enthusiasts - :crazy: - crazy fokkers... :wacko:

I told my wife she can have exclusive use of the Tripe.

I wonder who will have nads big enough to fly that in MP given 1918 plane set.

53 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

As an aviation artist I draw inspiration from Rise of Flight & Flying Colors , so you can imagine that I pressed order before I finished my first cup of coffee this morning....so when do we get another medal of "ordering honor medal" under our name and will we finally get "Campaigns " in FC II?

Falken Aus Himmel.jpg

Are you Dietz? Love your work if so! Also painted wwi for as bit mostly fine liner, nothing like your stuff though. Now I make sword scabbards instead. Also ordered and great news! 

44 minutes ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Can't wait to see what DVIII beast wings are like.....more crying for 3rd PG.

The D.VIII's wings will have to wait in line...I'm too busy crying about the Gotha coming back....

Really glad to see the Verdun section being mentioned! And good to see more Biplace making it to FC2, even if the rear gunners are terminators. I remember a while ago there was a French unit that wanted to form a historical Breguet Squadron but had to settle for Bristols....great news for them with this update! 

Edited by US93_Larner

This is such great news! Man, finally can put the whole ROF vs IL2 think to rest. Thank goodness. With any luck we can start getting folks into FC1 now and get the WW1 flight sim community under one banner. 1C Games absolutely crushing it with this decision.

Edited by 1sttomars
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, veenee said:

21 minutes ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Why ?  There were no additional discounts in the BoX series for those who bought Stalingrad.

That is because with all of these Battle of products like Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban, Bodenplatte, etc. the previous games that had these places were almost 20 years old, and/or had a lower fidelity and lower quality graphics than what you would expect in IL-2 GBs.

Rise of Flight is probably the whole reason that IL-2 GBs, including FC exists; without RoF there would be none of this right now. Sadly, the devs just decided to make it a pawn in the big picture of things😞.

Anyway, Rise of Flight was made by 777 Studios, now 1CGS -- the same people who are producing Flying Circus. If the regular price wasn't so steep, or there was 15 planes, then there probably would be no need for a discount, but that is not the case right now.

And yes, there is a $20 discount, and between that and $70-80, I'd pick the price with the $20 discount.

22 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Great news, I think it is time to finally dip in to the Flying Circus!

Jason; one feature our group really enjoyed using in RoF was the Spotters Recon role where a button appeared during flight (at the map-maker's discretion) for completion of photo reconaissance and artillery spotting roles, will something like this reappear in the BoX / FC game ever at all? It gave good reason to flying certain types of aircraft in a manner distinct from others, and it would be wonderful to see it return again.

Tac recon, photo recon and artillery spotting also played a huge role in WWII campaigns.  Adding some functions to support these activities would really enrich all of BoX, and open the door for some more dedicated recon aircraft.

• Upvote 6

It's funny reading some of the other reactions regarding price. My only regret with IL2 is that I bought FC1 on sale. I wish I hadn't because I want to better incentivize the developers and let them know what an important addition it is. I have zero issues putting down money on the continued development of FC and already think it's fair they're knocking $20 off until January 15th.

This is such a monumental moment for WW1 flight sims. It signals that IL2 is the future (it always was) and that continued development will happen on this platform. Enough of this ROF vs IL2 nonesense lets get the community here on the next gen sim. I'm just so happy to hear about this announcement :)

• Upvote 4
34 minutes ago, veenee said:

$59 for this game is a stupidly good price.  $59 is about what I payed for the above mentioned Dynamix Red Baron in 1993.  A quick trip to the CPI inflation calculator tells me that $59 in 1993 = $107.67 today.  Add to that the fact that the coding necessary for Red Baron fit on 3 floppy disk means that it probably had the same amount of coding for the whole game that is necessary to illustrate the ailerons moving in FC.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

• Upvote 7

Absolutely fantastic news. And I'm especially delighted to see the Nieuport 28 on the regular lineup, as opposed to being a premium aircraft. This way it is more likely to be the subject of scripted campaigns. 😁

• Upvote 1

I really appreciate bringing new content into the Il-2 Sturmovik game. I really do.
On the other hand I'm still missing some features in existing products:

• Recently released Tank Crew is full of bugs 
  • in WWII scenarios Allies are missing flyable transport aircraft
  • in WWII scenarios Allies are missing real medium/heavy bomber (like TB-3 or B-17)

I'm happy devs are working on multiple projects in parallel. I would appreciate finishing existing scenarios much more.