Discussion of Flying Circus II Announcement

Jason_Williams

US93_Larner
1 hour ago, Gardimus said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufag_C.I

This could make for an interesting premium. Central 2 seater that allegedly could do 120mph.

If you're talking Central Two-Seaters, I think the Rumpler C.VII would be an interesting choice, and a total game-changer...10 mph slower than the Ufag, but it was used on the Western Front and it was designed as an extreme altitude (for the time) Recon plane...McCudden's tuned-up S.E.5a was one of the few scouts that could touch it...

• Upvote 4
ST_Catchov
5 hours ago, Gardimus said:

May as well just get Vol 1 now

May as well ....

27 bucks geez 

[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

That's 2.70 per a/c. 

FCII is 6.00 per a/c

• Upvote 3
Gardimus
9 hours ago, US93_Larner said:

I think the Rumpler C.VII would be an interesting choice, and a total game-changer...10 mph slower than the Ufag, but it was used on the Western Front and it was designed as an extreme altitude (for the time) Recon

I think that would be boring as hell for everybody. One side gets the joy of climbing to 24000ft and the other side gets to watch them fly over.

US213_Talbot

I know at least one two-seater pilot that would be in heaven though. 

• Like 1
migmadmarine

And it would be a nice addition to the lineup from the historical standpoint. Every additional type adds flavor for career etc, and I know I'd love to see more German two seaters added for variety, as well as the Salmson for the French/Americans. 

Cynic_Al

Re :Fokker DVIII

Perhaps someone can find the video demonstrating this machine's impervious wings, in which a parked two-seater's gunner empties his guns at practically point blank range into the wing of a DVIII, which subsequently takes-off unscathed.  If not it should be trivial to re-make it.

Just for clarity, will we be getting the same in FC2?

Surrexen

Alright, I'm in. Pre-ordered 🙂

Now make a Normandy Tank Crew with a Jagdpanther.

Edited by Surrexen
  • Upvote 1
ST_Catchov
6 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

I'd argue the probability is high to extremely high. But If I'm wrong, I'd pretend I never said it and remove the evidence. Then bow to the wisdom of the devs and issue unashamed praise upon them as a gentleman should.

unreasonable
Just now, ST_Catchov said:

I'd argue the probability is high to extremely high. But If I'm wrong, I'd pretend I never said it and remove the evidence. Then bow to the wisdom of the devs and issue unashamed praise upon them as a gentleman should.

Screenshot taken. :good:

• Haha 1
=IRFC=Hellbender
1 hour ago, ST_Catchov said:

Okay, but consider the meme potential of another invincible Fokker.

• Haha 1
ST_Catchov
42 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

Screenshot taken. :good:

Bugger. But I'll still deny it despite the evidence to the contrary. It's all the rage these days.

• Haha 1
US213_Talbot
43 minutes ago, LenoPop1 said:

No career mode 😢

Yes career mode.....

• Like 2
Cynic_Al
7 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

Yes career mode.....

So that's where you fly alongside and against groups of AI planes, all with the same capabilities as those one may encounter in multiplayer servers.  Have I got that right?

[DBS]Tx_Tip

"Phase I which is the Arras Map, was the testbed for making a WWI map in the Sturmovik engine and has been completed."

What are the prospects of giving No-Mans Land some tender loving care in the intern while FC2 and FC3 are being created Jason?

Granted the explosions, and chopped up trees do make for some good immersion. However the terrain as a whole is somewhat underwhelming when viewed from above unless completely packed full of smoke and eye-candy MG routines. As an example block objects such as the dugouts created for WWI and set within the area look very much out of place when strafing down low. 

Tip

• Upvote 4
LukeFF
1 hour ago, No.204_REDMAN said:

Why did you remove my post? how about PM me and discuss it.

It looks like it was moved to the Complaints forum. 

Feathered_IV
On 1/9/2021 at 8:47 AM, US213_Talbot said:

Yes career mode.....

They said career would be coming with FC 2/3.  That is like I promise to marry you in 2022/2023.  It might be one, it might be the other.

• Confused 1
LukeFF
30 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

It might be one, it might be the other.

"Flying Circus: Volume II brings a renewed effort to recreate the WWI aerial battlefield on your PC and expand upon the work of Flying Circus: Volume I with a more diverse plane-set, a larger map and a Pilot Career mode."

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 1
Feathered_IV

From Jason’s ready room: “Yes, we plan on implementing the Pilot Career mode in FC2/3 as part of the final package”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
NO.20_W_M_Thomson
16 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

That is like I promise to marry you in 2022/2023.

US213_Talbot Finally some love hey Talbot. You'll look good in that long vail with that flowing hair of yours.

• Like 1
-47-Uncle_Bob

I suspected flying circus would be no lesser experience in VR and I was right. It is amazing actually as the rest of the modules in the il2 series.

Only wish they opened it up for modding. So much we users could do to ambience, sounds of all sorts.

SausMasterjimminysausage

Late to the party, but as someone who got into flight sims via Rise of Flight, and who mainly flies career mode, this is a must have for me. Things felt a bit sparse without extra planes and without career mode (though I did try PWCG). Dogfighting in the WWI planes has a dancing, tactile quality you don't always get in the WWII ones.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
ST_Catchov
3 hours ago, SausMasterjimminysausage said:

Dogfighting in the WWI planes has a dancing, tactile quality you don't always get in the WWII ones.

An astute observation SausMasterjimminysausage.

• Haha 1
J99_Sizzlorr
4 hours ago, nikibg99 said:

Will career mode be added to volume 1 as well or will it only be for volume 2 and above?

It will. But you will only be able to fly the FC Volume I planes.

Todt_Von_Oben

To paint it with a broad brush: there's two kinds of pilots; those that fly by the numbers and those that fly by the seat of their pants.  I like FC1 because it lets me do the latter.  

You start out flying by the numbers but if you ever get into working an airplane commercially you'll soon discover that, if you can't fly by the seat of your pants; you'll be replaced by a pilot that can.  

It's hard enough to make a living with an airplane and it all comes down to operating costs; to your employer, time on that Hobbs meter is money.   

You futz around in the pattern of a non-tower airport following all the steps of a standardized approach-to-landing and you will be replaced by a guy who can expedite, swoop to a short rollout, and get off the active most ricky-tick.  I've seen it happen many times and I kept my jobs by being able to swoop.

Then again: since FC1 is an Air Combat sim, ya might wanna ask yourself this:

Are you going to take your good sweet time reducing power to a specific rpm at the abeam position and pitching to a specific airspeed; waiting until you're at the key position to turn base and pitching for that designated approach airspeed again; gauging the distance and turning final at just the right spot; controlling your descent, smoothly rounding out with maybe just a timely touch of power to grease her on while there's an SE5A trying to wax your tailfeathers? 

Yeah, maybe once.  I wouldn't make a habit of it, though.  :cool:

My point: Early aviation was all about instinctive flying and that's one thing I really like about FC1VR: it's credible enough that I can fly it instinctively (not fixating on the gauges) just like I did in real life with stick-n-rudder taildraggers in this same approximate size, weight, and power range.  The way this sim responds throughout all regimes of flight feels pretty good to me.  

I have no major complaints; we all have a few adjustments we'd like to see made but, in general, I like it. 

Flying open cockpit biplanes in VR combat is an incredible PC experience; I see improvements being made; and I am looking forward to FC2.

Prosit!  :salute:

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
  • Upvote 4
ACG_Talisman
1 hour ago, Todt_Von_Oben said:

To paint it with a broad brush: there's two kinds of pilots; those that fly by the numbers and those that fly by the seat of their pants.  I like FC1 because it lets me do the latter.  

You start out flying by the numbers but if you ever get into working an airplane commercially you'll soon discover that, if you can't fly by the seat of your pants; you'll be replaced by a pilot that can.  

It's hard enough to make a living with an airplane and it all comes down to operating costs; to your employer, time on that Hobbs meter is money.   

You futz around in the pattern of a non-tower airport following all the steps of a standardized approach-to-landing and you will be replaced by a guy who can expedite, swoop to a short rollout, and get off the active most ricky-tick.  I've seen it happen many times and I kept my jobs by being able to swoop.

Then again: since FC1 is an Air Combat sim, ya might wanna ask yourself this:

Are you going to take your good sweet time reducing power to a specific rpm at the abeam position and pitching to a specific airspeed; waiting until you're at the key position to turn base and pitching for that designated approach airspeed again; gauging the distance and turning final at just the right spot; controlling your descent, smoothly rounding out with maybe just a timely touch of power to grease her on while there's an SE5A trying to wax your tailfeathers? 

Yeah, maybe once.  I wouldn't make a habit of it, though.  :cool:

My point: Early aviation was all about instinctive flying and that's one thing I really like about FC1VR: it's credible enough that I can fly it instinctively (not fixating on the gauges) just like I did in real life with stick-n-rudder taildraggers in this same approximate size, weight, and power range.  The way this sim responds throughout all regimes of flight feels pretty good to me.  

I have no major complaints; we all have a few adjustments we'd like to see made but, in general, I like it. 

Flying open cockpit biplanes in VR combat is an incredible PC experience; I see improvements being made; and I am looking forward to FC2.

Prosit!  :salute:

I like this :)

VR is fantastic for the old biplanes and I get a real 'seat of the pants' experience with my MSFF joystick and particularly my JetPad force feedback seat cushion.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
pocketshaver

zeppelins and airships in general are something enjoyable. You can end up with bombing raids to do, would be great for a dozen zeppelins to do a raid at the same time....... 

Red Barron was big on big bags of hydrogen getting blown to bits. I believe its one of the most popular RoF mods, airships. 

1PL-Husar-1Esk
On 30.01.2021 at 3:40 PM, ACG_Talisman said:

I like this :)

VR is fantastic for the old biplanes and I get a real 'seat of the pants' experience with my MSFF joystick and particularly my JetPad force feedback seat cushion.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Interesting, the  additional feedback might be especially beneficial in VR.

Because whe in VR I miss the camera shake option which is available in 2D. Without this  it feels to me  like I would be sitting in plane model made of  concrete or plastic, nothing  is shaking from  the  engine vibration, this feels artificial and sterile to me. 

J5_NiiranenVR-Gfr
1 hour ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

nothing  is shaking from  the  engine vibration

And i Guess then you do not have the simseat or buttkicker ....

I'm in VR (G1) and I have both and I have a rumble in my seat when the motor is running and you choose yourself how much rumble you want with sliders - I have choose low rumble , but if it happens it's not on I have the same feeling that I'm out the box ...not in ..

And have have choose the gun and damage is full power and I really have the feeling in my body/ seat  when a ' no name's ' polish are coming to my six - damage my plane 

Take of and landing my plane and feel the bumbs in my seat .....

It's one of the thing where I may say : try it 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
J2_Trupobaw
On 1/6/2021 at 4:03 AM, Cynic_Al said:

Re :Fokker DVIII

Perhaps someone can find the video demonstrating this machine's impervious wings, in which a parked two-seater's gunner empties his guns at practically point blank range into the wing of a DVIII, which subsequently takes-off unscathed.  If not it should be trivial to re-make it.

Unless you hit a pushing rod :). 

=VARP=Tvrdi

Now is the chance they make Fokker DVII with DIIIau engine (most commonly produced). I mean, how hard is it since there is DIIIa engine and 3D model of the plane?

J2_Trupobaw

To make it quickly ? Likely no effort. To make sure it's done right, there are no copy-paste bugs like Albatros oil overheat? Hard to estimate; we don't know how reusable that Cl.II engine really is. The more you take things for granted because they are already done, the more likely you overlook something and end up with bugs. The more cautious your approach, the less gain from re-using the old code. 

• Upvote 2
Cynic_Al
On 1/4/2021 at 9:36 AM, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

That's 2.70 per a/c. 

FCII is 6.00 per a/c

Based on past trends, I don't think that disparity will last too long.

• Jason_Williams locked this topic