Flaps Keep Opening Randomly

I'm getting back to CLOD Blitz after long time on IL-2 Great Battles. I notice my flaps deploying at random. Plus when in landing pattern when I select flaps down they only go to neutral and closed.

What am I missing here?

Edited by Sheriff88

In what aircraft is that?

Never had this issue. I‘d see if there are no conflicting bindings in axis and buttons and if the buttons you assigned aren‘t sending signals without them being pressed. Just to make sure, clear all the bindings for flaps and see if that happens. Then assign the usual F for raise flaps and V for lower flaps and see what happens. Then assign the joystick buttons you were using and see what happens. Can‘t remember if there is a toggle flap command, but clear that one too just in case.

One thing I‘ve noticed with some commands (albeit not flaps) is that when you put the switch to the on position (physical toggle button) the game interprets it as an on-off signal loop. Makes the gunsight in the 109 go on and off with an incredibly high frequency for example. 
That doesn‘t happen with flaps for me though (also have a 3-way toggle switch assigned to it with up, neutral and down).

Edited by 9./JG52_J-HAT
Wrong words in sentences lol
7 hours ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

In what aircraft is that?

Never had this issue. I‘d see if there are no conflicting bindings in axis and buttons and if the buttons you assigned aren‘t sending signals without them being pressed. Just to make sure, clear all the bindings for flaps and see if that happens. Then assign the usual F for raise flaps and V for lower flaps and see what happens. Then assign the joystick buttons you were using and see what happens. Can‘t remember if there is a toggle flap command, but clear that one too just in case.

One thing I‘ve noticed with some commands (albeit not flaps) is that when you put the switch to the on position (physical toggle button) the game interprets it as an on-off signal loop. Makes the gunsight in the 109 go on and off with an incredibly high frequency for example. 
That doesn‘t have with flaps for me though (also have a 3-way toggle switch assigned to it with up, neutral and down).

I’ll do that and see what happens. I was flying 109.

Right, that‘s also what I fly. As soon as I let go of the button (actually move the toggle from down / up to neutral, which in unbound) the flap stops moving, like it‘s supposed to.

I just tested binding an axis to landing flaps (while also leaving my buttons assigned to flaps raise/lower). Whenever I move the axis it overrides the button command and I get what you described. The flaps just goes to neutral. Of course if I continue moving the axis or pressing the buttons the flaps start working again as intended.

So almost sure you have an axis bound to the flaps that either sends spikes or is being moved when it isn‘t supposed to be moved.

Let me know how that works out.

(RL) Bf 109 Flaps is controlled by a wheel, so in this game the command "toggle flaps" - that work OK for Spitfire 2 positions flaps;  don't work for Bf 109.

The way than CloD simulate the wheel is press and hold the button until the flaps goes all down or all up, or in between, so need use the keys/buttons "Raise flaps" and "Lower flaps".Same approach is used in IL-2:GB (Bo'X).

The indicator in the small Engine Info Window have nor practical use, because for Bf 109  don't show how much flap you lower or raise, but only if up or down key/button is pressed.

To know how much flap you lower or raise need look at wings, and the marks for flaps position usually painted in Bf 109 wings (e.g. in Bo'X) is missing in CloD.

Edited by Sokol1