imagine a P-47 N

catchthefoxes

catchthefoxes

yea just imagine it in the engine, no one could do it better than the IL-2 team, I really don't have much else to say other than just fantasies it!. OK see ya! :)

tbolts_and_mustangs_WRG-00072277.thumb.jpg.902727c637eef721813897fb9cde43bb.jpg

tbolts_and_mustangs_WRG-00072283.thumb.jpg.5702a9b0b206c39c049a08d06828b63d.jpg

• Like 1
[CPT]milopugdog

I really hate to be that guy... but wasn't the P-47N designed for the Pacific? I'd imagine that some'd make it over to Europe, but I'm not sure if they'd have any major involvement by the time VE day rolled around.

But if we're dreaming, you can get your P-47N. I want a He-162 ;)

[CPT]milopugdog
3 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Every single P-47N went to the Pacific and so it has zero relevance to the European war. 

such a buzz kill~

• Haha 2
catchthefoxes

I know that it was used in the pacific like at Okinawa!!! Just imagine it in the engine and how well the devs would create it!!! :) Like if we had a PTO then imagine it there!

Edited by catchthefoxes
14 hours ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

such a buzz kill~

😄 

It's definitely high on my list of planes I'd love to see for the Pacific. After all, it's the ultimate P-47, with all of the refinements that came over the plane's long service history.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
-332FG-Ursus_

Pacific only. P-47M is a better idea. But will be better earlier P-38s

Edited by RoyalUrsus
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
=621=Samikatz

The M would be a lot of fun, but it being introduced after the end of the Bodenplatte timeframe means that I feel the devs are not likely to include it, it'd have very limited career usage

VBF-12_KW

The only unit that used the M was the 56th FG based in the UK, so there would be no way to use it in a career unless they come up with some air spawn/despawn mechanism.

FlyingShark

Sorry if a bit off topic but as we're talking about P47's here, does anybody know where the P47C was deployed?

And maybe it would be interesting to get one of those in the game?

Have a nice day.

:salute:

2 hours ago, FlyingShark said:

Sorry if a bit off topic but as we're talking about P47's here, does anybody know where the P47C was deployed?

And maybe it would be interesting to get one of those in the game?

Europe and the Pacific.

• Upvote 1
MiloMorai
15 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

The M would be a lot of fun, but it being introduced after the end of the Bodenplatte timeframe means that I feel the devs are not likely to include it, it'd have very limited career usage

So was the Bf109K-4 with 1.98ata.

• Upvote 1
catchthefoxes

any upgraded P-47 would be nice!! The N-20 being the final variant makes it special imo.

also, does someone know why they chose the D-28 rather than the D-30?  i know it was answered somewhere.

Edited by catchthefoxes
1 hour ago, catchthefoxes said:

also, does someone know why they chose the D-28 rather than the D-30?  i know it was answered somewhere.

It was more common for the time frame being rendered.

• Thanks 1
MiloMorai
On 12/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, =621=Samikatz said:

This new engine installation was ordered into production in September 1944 for the last 130 P-47D-30-RE aircraft delivered by Farmingdale, the aircraft being subsequently redesignated P-47M-1-RE. The serial numbers of the 130 P-47M-1-RE Thunderbolts built were 44-21108/21237

The first P-47M was delivered in December 1944.

=621=Samikatz
9 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

This new engine installation was ordered into production in September 1944 for the last 130 P-47D-30-RE aircraft delivered by Farmingdale, the aircraft being subsequently redesignated P-47M-1-RE. The serial numbers of the 130 P-47M-1-RE Thunderbolts built were 44-21108/21237

The first P-47M was delivered in December 1944.

From what I have read and what I can find searching online right now, issues with the engines (Apparently something to do with exposure to salt water in transit) meant that they didn't actually see combat until late March 45?

MiloMorai
3 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

From what I have read and what I can find searching online right now, issues with the engines (Apparently something to do with exposure to salt water in transit) meant that they didn't actually see combat until late March 45?

Jan 14 1945 was their first mission. Yes there was various engine/ignition problems.

• 3 weeks later...
FlyingShark
On 12/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, RoyalUrsus said:

Pacific only. P-47M is a better idea. But will be better earlier P-38s

True but talking of earlier planes, maybe an earlier P47 too like the P47C.

Just fantasising.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

sevenless
On 12/9/2020 at 7:51 AM, migmadmarine said:

Save that for late pacific, could be nice to have a later P-47D or M for the ETO I suppose. 

P-47-Ms (IIRC all 130 production P-47Ms) went to 56th Fighter Group from 01/45 onwards. So yes, that would make a nice addition to the BoBP portfolio.

chuter

We (Yanks Air Museum) have the first P-47M ever made.  227385

(Well, it's the first of four YP-47M's.)