How can it be IL2 Great Battles is not even mentioned !

Even amongst VR sites - Il2 get no mention although it is a premier VR title and a great showcase for what VR can be.  Not to worry DCS ain't far behind.

Blessed are the ignorant.

3 hours ago, Elem said:

Totally garbage article. Ignore.

I agree especially when they put world of warplanes in a list of "great flight games" I dislike the arcady war thunder but it trumps warplanes hands down. Not to mention no way for comments on their trash.

The only thing they got right was 1946 still being on of the best values. I did pick it up again for the PTO content but supported the developers here with their updated content.

Just now, GALM=Leftenant_Gerald said:

maybe IL 2 Sturmovik Great Battles is too good to even fit on the same scale as the others?

While dcs was good for modern stuff I think it would be hard to beat great battles for ww2 content.

• Upvote 2

Best sim for consoles:

Battlefield 5

Cons:

Not really a flight sim.

Could use more focus on flying.

:crazy:

This is what it looks like when you have no integrity. Not a coincidence that it’s filled with what I assume are most likely affiliate links (buying DCS from Amazon lmao).

• Like 2

If you scroll to the bottom of the article in the about our "experts" section at the bottom is a thumps up and down if you click the down, then other then you can leave a comment on their "expert" which I did with a gusto.

• Upvote 1

One writer at Kotaku.com does something comparable: Writing about the "best" flight sims, taking very good but old sims and DCS, years later updating the article with MSFS2020 so that it goes on the frontpage again but never mentioning the GB series. Instead this:

The original 2001 release is probably still the best game in the series,....

source: https://thebests.kotaku.com/the-best-flight-sims-1820662210

If you watch this WatchMojo video regarding the Top 10 Air Combat Sims, the IL-2 Sturmovik series is ranked at #1, and Rise of Flight is in the Honorable mentions.

IL-2 Sturmovik is the best flight sim series ever:dance:

Edited by Enceladus
  • Like 1

Well, let's face it, even very few of today's so-called gaming journalists have any interest in or at least knowledge of flightsims. I guess most of them have never even heard of Il-2 GB. One of the few exceptions was Tim Stone from Rock Paper Shotgun. He was the only gaming journalist I know who regularly wrote about Il-2. Unfortunately he recently got fired by RPS because he voiced the wrong opinions on some gender identity nonsense.

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

Well, let's face it, even very few of today's so-called gaming journalists have any interest in or at least knowledge of flightsims. I guess most of them have never even heard of Il-2 GB. One of the few exceptions was Tim Stone from Rock Paper Shotgun. He was the only gaming journalist I know who regularly wrote about Il-2. Unfortunately he recently got fired by RPS because he voiced the wrong opinions on some gender identity nonsense.

Damn! His columns were among the most interesting stuff on RPS and had a huge impact on games I purchased. Truly sad event. Thanks, 2020.

Edited by ADorante