Hearty congrats and fantastic news,

All I need now is some time to actually  get back to FC and my IL-2 enviro-mod making... 2020 has been somewhat of a write-off with too much busy in my life!

Cheers and just to repeat myself... FANTASTIC NEWS!

HH

I will obviously pre-order to show support. I'm really glad there is still something in the embers.

Btw. I'm pretty sure the silhouettes are Spad VII, Fokker D.VII/E.V, Handley-Page O.400...

Interesting question: Is there any need for a new map? Or would Arras do? Also, I do wonder if there will be any content which is completely new (not partly shared with RoF e.g. a collector plane)? Anyway, we'll have to wait until the announcement. I wasn't that into the FC.I planeset, so having more aircraft ported over should be really nice - and it looks like we'll also have our first twin-engined aircraft - so an excellent project in any case. 

Very exciting. I have very fond memories of massive events like Bloody April, and even the regular battles on the old Wargrounds server. Flying FC in VR has been like a dream, with Black September and the Flugpark. So happy to see more planes. Hopefully this will help get the series a bit more polish. I have a ball with this game, flying WW1 almost exclusively, but I can only imagine how much more fun I could have if some of the blemishes got cleaned up. D7's still occasionally disappear, and the dm has a couple sore spots.

I will buy it - hope it has a Harry Tate, but will buy it anyway. Much as I admire the way you have done the WW2 planes, there is nothing quite like the open cockpit and sheer implausibility of these early contraptions.

If you cannot do a whole new map, perhaps extend the old one to the south? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
36 minutes ago, Enceladus said:

I feel that should happen for TC3, depending on what they do for TC2.

What game has playable WW1 tanks?

FS:SDOE has a mod with playable WW1 tanks... it was enjoyable actually. Of course, our standards for fidelity weren't as high in those days and the engine is old - but it is amazing what the modders were able to do.

4 hours ago, Avimimus said:

I will obviously pre-order to show support. I'm really glad there is still something in the embers.

Btw. I'm pretty sure the silhouettes are Spad VII, Fokker D.VII/E.V, Handley-Page O.400...

Interesting question: Is there any need for a new map? Or would Arras do? Also, I do wonder if there will be any content which is completely new (not partly shared with RoF e.g. a collector plane)? Anyway, we'll have to wait until the announcement. I wasn't that into the FC.I planeset, so having more aircraft ported over should be really nice - and it looks like we'll also have our first twin-engined aircraft - so an excellent project in any case. 

My assumption has been that since FC.1 was kinda testing the waters, FC.2 would extend the map outwards to the full western front. I'd love to see the western front map playable area extend all the way to the coast in the north since you can see the channel from the existing map, but even just the full area of the original map would do. 

I'm not the most familiar with WW1 aircraft though I do recognize some of the most iconic ones... I'm probably right in thinking that bomber is a Handley Page Type O? 😄 

Anybody else got ideas what those two fighter profiles are?

Edited by Jonttu1