10 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

2 seater- wise,  we desperately need proper recon machines.  DfW and DH4 at least can do that as well as being effective light bombers. 

Completely agree.  A new map and more two seaters please.

Definitely more two seaters.  If resources are tight I wouldn’t mind at all if the gunners positions were AI only.  

Don't be a prick Luke

Edited by Feathered_IV
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

Great news. Its a beautiful day! Thanks @Jason_Williams.

I can't see any need for a D8, Central already have a armour- winged uber plane at all altitudes in the D7f! 

Central planeset pretty much splits into D.VIIF (best scout in the game) and the obsolete rest (inferior to anything Entente has except maybe Dolphin). D.VIII is much needed plane that can (sort of) go toe to toe with Entente types without being limited to 6 airframes per map. I'd rather have 200hp D.VII as "standard issue" German plane (along with 200hp Albie and Pfalz), but anything not rooted in 1917 is needed.

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

D.VIII is much needed plane that can (sort of) go toe to toe with Entente types without being limited to 6 per map.

+1

and as I have been overly emotional since a recent announcement and apparently can't show any more emotions today I'll just quit the forum for a few hours and risk my luck playing poker.

Edited by J2_Bidu
1 hour ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

Central planeset pretty much splits into D.VIIF (best scout in the game) and the obsolete rest (inferior to anything Entente has except maybe Dolphin). D.VIII is much needed plane that can (sort of) go toe to toe with Entente types without being limited to 6 airframes per map. I'd rather have 200hp D.VII as "standard issue" German plane (along with 200hp Albie and Pfalz), but anything not rooted in 1917 is needed.

The Dr1 is still a beast in dogfights and prop hangs brilliantly, the Diii is tough, retains energy excellently (better than the se5 for sure) and dives well; the Dva would be an excellent all rounder if it wasn’t for the wings; CL2 would be great too with strengthened wings. A fine tuning of the DM could breathe a lot of life back into the other Central planes. Likewise engine variants, though the same could be said for the Entente (Camel Bentley engine etc)

Edited by US93_Rummell
  • Upvote 1

Good news for WW1 types.

Agree also that we need some more two seaters/bombers/recon planes rather than just scouts.

I would also think it makes more sense to flesh out the late 1917-1918 plane set rather than bringing in a bunch of earlier types.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Santa Jason!

Are there by any chance collector planes or even other stuff before or after in that pipe?

Like a Hanriot HD.1, pretty please Dear Santa, been such a nice sweet boy this year - really, just ask around, just ask Bender and Trupo.

Edited by West
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, J5_Klugermann said:

..... I'd be afraid to fart while flying a Nieuport.

Might depend on what you been eating ...

Edited by West

Awesome news - was getting really worried that FC might not get past its initial release and never get a real chance to become a viable successor to RoF.

I certainly hope that there's going to be more to FC2 than just a few extra planes, but I'll be there with my pre-order $$ as soon as they'll take them in hopes that this dev team can continue to work their magic and smooth out some of the inevitable bumps in the road.

Thanks to Jason and team for giving one more reason to hope 2021 will be better than 2020 has been.

• Upvote 5
45 minutes ago, J5_Klugermann said:

How are the earlier models going to hold up if the DM is still borked ?  I'd be afraid to fart while flying a Nieuport.

Holy shit! You see that fuckin' head come apart, man?" Platoon - YouTube

Holy Sh#t, you see those effin wings come apart !!!!

I'd like to see them model the upperwing fabric ripping off in excessive dives.

47 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

I'd be stoked with an early plane set.. but I don't see the point of chucking in an E3 and a DH2 for the sake of it.

On the contrary, I am one of those people who really enjoys flying the Fokker E.III and Airco DH.2.

While I don't feel that this will be set in 1914, 1915 and 1916, I would be very interested in what plane set that time period gives us.

I'm also very keen on another front like the Italian, Russian, and Gallipoli Front 

• Upvote 2

I see those as being a part of an FC. Vol.III, which could be more solidly situated in late 1916/early 17. (so something like Fokker E.III, Halberstadt D.II, Albatros D.II, Rolland C.II, and maybe a new German fighter? vs Airco DH.2, Nieuport 11, Nieuport 17, Sopwith Triplane or pup (depending on which doesn't come in Vol.2) and either the Fe2b/Sopwith Strutter/RE.8. 

Channel front could be it's own volume to introduce the float planes and more for that portion of the front, but we will rapidly run out of German aircraft for the 5v5 lineups, so hopefully new ones will start appearing, and the entente types that are left out will be introduced as collector planes. 

Edited by migmadmarine

Am I right in thinking that if further versions of FC keep arriving, all we will get is aircraft that were in RoF, or have I missed an important snippet of information that there will be new aircraft  turning up at some point in time not part of the original RoF... 

If I remember right there are 39 aircraft in RoF... we have 10 so far in FC1... FC2 will give us 10 more, so it's possible we will get another 2 versions of FC to come... maybe!

7 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Am I right in thinking that if further versions of FC keep arriving, all we will get is aircraft that were in RoF, or have I missed an important snippet of information that there will be new aircraft  turning up at some point in time not part of the original RoF... 

If I remember right there are 39 aircraft in RoF... we have 10 so far in FC1... FC2 will give us 10 more, so it's possible we will get another 2 versions of FC to come... maybe!

I definitely don't want any of the Sikorskies and their stupid pood bombloads.  Btw, if you didn't know,  1 pood = 40 funt.

Calling Mik(hail) Funt....

8 minutes ago, migmadmarine said:

Nothing has been given to suggest any new aircraft yet, so I'd say work off the expectation of it being aircraft from RoF thus far. 

So if it continues and we get a new version each year, in 3 years that will be it... I was hoping that perhaps I had missed some info on future aircraft, as there are lots more that could be included.

Just saw Emely's take on this on the Rof forum

Was the number one the same balloon? )) This news does not make sense, because the game has remained the same. DM has remained the same - so why pay money for the planes that are already in the RoF?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20201205_0925133.jpg

LMAO!!!!

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

So if it continues and we get a new version each year, in 3 years that will be it... I was hoping that perhaps I had missed some info on future aircraft, as there are lots more that could be included.

As cool as having new stuff will be, I feel like there isn't anything missing the that would better to have than a prior RoF aircraft. So if there is a new aircrat, that will be super cool, but I'll find myself missing an old machine that it has taken the place of. That said, I think there is really only enough aircraft for maybe two more modules in the 5v5 model before you run out of existing central powers types from RoF, so I think new aircraft to fill out this model will come sooner than you think. Also, since every 5v5 module needs to have a map, if this one has the full western front, and the next has the channel, then what would the subsequent module have? So perhaps WWI collector planes are sooner than we think, since there are more to be ported over before they start going over to new theaters, I think it would be a shame to start expanding before everything has been brought over. 

3 hours ago, US93_Rummell said:

The Dr1 is still a beast in dogfights and prop hangs brilliantly, the Diii is tough, retains energy excellently (better than the se5 for sure) and dives well; the Dva would be an excellent all rounder if it wasn’t for the wings; CL2 would be great too with strengthened wings. A fine tuning of the DM could breathe a lot of life back into the other Central planes. Likewise engine variants, though the same could be said for the Entente (Camel Bentley engine etc)

They are all outclimbed and outrun by all Entente planes. Even a Camel pilot can choose to engage them or drag them without risk of losing initiative. The only moment they shine is when Entente pilot stops to fight them on their own terms (teamwork and ambush work, too, but despite rather than thanks to plane used). They are also 1917 planes in 1918 setting (except D.VII, which is merely a 1918 airframe with 1917 engine)

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
6 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

If resources are tight I wouldn’t mind at all if the gunners positions were AI only.  

Thankfully, we will not have to worry about that, since every single gun position in RoF is already playable. 

Any bets on a single player campaign, or a proper photo recon mechanic? While I prefer the MP scene, I know the lack of campaign was a big complaint. Photos were also an important part of my two-seater flights back in Bloody April.

1 minute ago, gascan said:

Any bets on a single player campaign, or a proper photo recon mechanic? While I prefer the MP scene, I know the lack of campaign was a big complaint. Photos were also an important part of my two-seater flights back in Bloody April.

On Facebook the Il-2 account confirmed that they are planning on career mode for FC.II

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

How are the earlier models going to hold up if the DM is still borked ?  I'd be afraid to fart while flying a Nieuport.

Holy shit! You see that fuckin' head come apart, man?" Platoon - YouTube

Holy Sh#t, you see those effin wings come apart !!!!

Great pic ūüė鬆

Yes, do not forget two-seaters/light bombers.

These I know are not the "sexy" choices, but an absolute must for proper and authentic WWI missions and campaigns. The set per side should probably be, realistically speaking:

Scout

Scout

Two-seater (an absolute must)

Big bomber (including since it appears already planned)

+ Scout (premium) -- or you could flip and might be able to get way with Big bomber (eg. Gotha) here (as premium) vs Scout.

(assuming they maintain current series model)

--I am just confused seeing the Spad VII outline with the Fokker DVIII? - unless those are just stock graphics they happen to be using? (just an odd combo).

Edited by Redwo1f

Due to reliability problems with the SPAD XIII's engine, the SPAD VII saw service well into 1918 with many units, if I'm not mistaken. So it's not completely unreasonable to add it as an option, alongside the Fokker D.VIII / E.V. Plus the SPAD VII was a super fun hotrod to fly in RoF, I won't mind at all to see it come back (along with the Fokker D.VIII for that matter).

If we get a HP 0/400 I hope that means the Gotha is coming too. Both of those are great multicrew planes and lead to all sorts of cool missions and fast action shenanigans.

I would love to see the N.11 / N.17 and Albatros D.II / D.III, but I don't know how realistic of a hope that is. They are all great fun to fly, for sure.

Overall, very encouraged by this news and will plan to preorder ASAP.

• Upvote 1

Ya, if the HP 0/400 is there, I think it is almost a certainty that Gotha will be there.

(and I'd take the Spad VII -- just pair it with the Pup and N-17 :P  - though that is more my time frame of interest - but with the Fokker DVIII, that looks like it isn't going to happen)