Steam version of BoS better for VR with G2?

I have a whole bunch of GB modules (BoS through to Ardennes, FC and TC) but all purchased directly from 777. I'm wondering if buying the Steam version of BoS will simplify the VR start-up but if it does I also need to know if it'll detect the rest of my IL2 shizzle.

TIA. :)

Edited by J3Hetzer

If you own an Oculus headset then you're better off without Steam and instead use OTT (Oculus Tray Tool) to connect with SteamVR as it will increase your FPS by 10ish.

25 minutes ago, Drum said:

If you own an Oculus headset then you're better off without Steam and instead use OTT (Oculus Tray Tool) to connect with SteamVR as it will increase your FPS by 10ish.

I did have the Q2, I sent it back for a refund when the G2 arrived. The OTT was superb.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Didn't increase fps. It removed the decrease in FPS.

Important difference.

Regarding Steam, do you need to buy it now in order to link Steam with the game account? If so, that's c'ap.

I don't understand that question (or even if it's for me, lol). I don't need it, I just figured to improve the game-start process. Right now I have irritating issues using the WMR routine.

I just launch IL2 by clicking on the IL2 launcher "Play". It then automatically starts the "Mixed Reality portal"  and SteamVR and I then play the game as normal, I don't pre-start anything specifically VR related.

• Thanks 1