A questionable thought

Just bear in mind I mean no ill will i support your WW2 platform a good bit but I have to ask do you think we will ever see an FC2 or at the very least a early WW1 expansion I miss the Nieuports, Spad 7s, Sopwith Tripes, Fokker D6, Albatross Dlll and Dlll Lt, and the bombers please add bombers other than just halbs or Bristols it would spice up the game play quite a bit. Sopwith pup was quite nice will we ever see most of the RoF content transfered over to FC. we love the Vr implementation and I have a passion for wood and canvas birds and I miss RoF too but the multi-player is dead there and i  feel like FC's is dying too. I would hate to see this be a spinoff thing. 

I don't think FC is dying just in a bit of limbo, Now winter is coming fast we'll see more pilots join. Seems to be picking up again on the 2 event nights. 

When it comes to FC2 I'd rather see more late planes first to add to what we have. Snipe is a must too compete with the D7F. The 2 big bombers would fit in beautifully. And a new map of course. I'd like also too see a more dynamic mission as well. Maybe another server running a more in depth mission on another night than the 2 we mostly fly. Perhaps a 4 hr mission that one side has to take over the other side. 

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned it never came alive to begin with.

I know Flug has been 'stowed out' (busy - in case you're not scottish) in the past and probably still does ok now, but that's 2 nights per week.

Half of the pilots who've ventured into MP came and went before the map was released, in the painful, strung out, drip feed that was.

The most I ever saw on a fast food server of an afternoon was I think 6. And that was a blue moon event.

Usually it would be 0-3 playing an hour or two each.

Screw the DM for a minute - since an update or three back trains have started jupming all over the place and tanks can no longer kill each other - only a bomb will do it.

Such things are good old 'immersion killers' for me, and should be priority fixes.

If such problems developed in the tank game I'd expect they'd be seen to quick pronto.

We may well still get an FC2, but for now I've given up hoping. FC hasn't had a mention in the last half dozen or so diaries.

There's considerably more action during the times I play, in RoF - and that should be an embarrassment to the producers.

S!

• Upvote 6

Good points, all of them. I agree Dm needs fixing and late war stuff would be nice especially a Sopwith Snipe or Sopwith Pup. Though we have the air war i think adding heavy bombers for a ground war would add some more variety to the FC community 

1 hour ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

The people who fly the Thursday and Sunday events, what do you do with the other days? 

Mourning the fact that everybody is mourning the fact that nobody is playing on the servers and that the Developers seem indifferent.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Mourning the fact that everybody is mourning the fact that nobody is playing on the servers and that the Developers seem indifferent.

Well at least your doing something. Not a lot of fun but too each our own right?

I've been trying to get into il2 my self. Started a practice server so when I go into one of the popular servers,(probably the Finnish server I'll at least be able to bomb something with out missing every time. Just fixed my track ir so now it runs perfect, My new 32" 1440 monitor will be here any day so I'll be able to see so much better. So I'm excited about that and for every thing 1C1 comes out with. Hoping for more FC modules but if not we have Il2. I'm having fun. 

• Upvote 2

$27.19 for ten (10!) aircraft. Not even $3 each one. It's is a no-brainer if you like air combat. If people gave as much thinking to whether or not to buy some beer (same price point, definitively repetitive behaviour), then there would be no alcoholics.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

$27.19 for ten (10!) aircraft. Not even $3 each one. It's is a no-brainer if you like air combat. If people gave as much thinking to whether or not to buy some beer (same price point, definitively repetitive behaviour), then there would be no alcoholics.

Yep, I definitely recommend buying it (FC I mean).  It is my favourite chapter in the BoX series and even if the initial concept was half baked, there is still real fun to be had there.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I would pick up FC when a sale hits. The thing about the WW1 setting is that the simulators are few enough that you can buy each and not go broke. I bought FC, RoF, and WOFF Platinum because we just don't have that many options anyway. It's a niche setting so no harm in trying everything it has to offer.

I was finally back on again last night for a bit after probably two months of being away from FC multiplayer and it was GREAT.  So much fun and a decent number on the server all night.

There's plenty of potential for a Vol 2 and beyond. My opinion is that its a matter of when and not if but I of course do not have a crystal ball. This year has been a tough one for everyone I know and surely it was a challenging one for the devs too. That may have slowed things up but give it time. We'll see something come down the pipeline.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
On 12/2/2020 at 12:05 AM, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

The people who fly the Thursday and Sunday events, what do you do with the other days? 

On 12/2/2020 at 12:30 AM, SeaSerpent said:

Live life, hopefully.

image.jpeg.33e358d7ae39701374147b02fd964514.jpeg

Try to mast%rbate as little as possible ???

Edited by J5_Klugermann
  • Haha 3
On 12/2/2020 at 6:40 AM, NO.20_Krispy_Duck said:

I would pick up FC when a sale hits. The thing about the WW1 setting is that the simulators are few enough that you can buy each and not go broke. I bought FC, RoF, and WOFF Platinum because we just don't have that many options anyway. It's a niche setting so no harm in trying everything it has to offer.

You forgot First Eagles 2.

(painful to mod, but pretty decent in the end)

Edited by Redwo1f