I really hope that this could be fixed eventually.Make the invisible objects visible or get rid of them.This one in particular is very easy to find and recreate by developers.

SEVERSKAYA 1.jpg

SEVERSKAYA 3.jpg

SEVERSKAYA 2.jpg

Edited by RIVALDO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

I know!!! Maybe there is a way to do it. It is very annoying to say the least. It would be the same as having these things in the sky or on runways and the planes constantly crashed into them. It kills the gameplay at times:dash:Perhaps if the developers pinpoint one of them,they could learn more about how to deal with similar issues...

• Upvote 1

I know! We also call the mines. Ok. I can accept that if they are in the fields and steppes.  But on the streets in towns and forests??!! C'mon. You keep running into those things if you're not on the road. Very realistic...

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

I know!!! Maybe there is a way to do it. It is very annoying to say the least. It would be the same as having these things in the sky or on runways and the planes constantly crashed into them. It kills the gameplay at times:dash:Perhaps if the developers pinpoint one of them,they could learn more about how to deal with similar issues...

It is hard to tell if these things would have to be found one by one through trial and error, or if they are visible on the development side. My guess is that the developers have the tools to be able to see these things. But if they don't, then maybe one of the developers, or Jason could start a thread where community members could identify the invisible obstacles as they are encountered.

Considering the sales that could result from using the other maps with collector vehicles, correcting this issue would be time very well spent by the Dev team.

Edited by LachenKrieg
  • Upvote 1

Bumping this!

I could not play tanks at all today, the terrain was just littered with inviseble objects, i had to stop and repair atleast 5 times then i gave up...

This needs to be fixed asap, this should have been fixed before they released the game 🤨

It is such a gamebraker

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To assist the dev team find the invisible objects I thought it might help to start the following thread. Please complete your post with the following template. Please give factual information. It will not help with posts complaining about this issue. This is not what this thread is for. Please also do not say "I found one on the Kuban map just out side of <town name>". Keep it concise please. 

Map Name:

Grid Reference:

NumPad Within Grid:

Location Within NumPad:

Video / Picture Evidence of Object (if possible, to validate and to assist with finding exact location)

Edited by DD_Friar
  • Like 1

Found One!

Map Name: Rhineland

Grid Reference: 1315

NumPad Within Grid: 1

Location Within NumPad: top right corner. back to river heading towards trees.

Video / Picture Evidence of Object (if possible, to validate and to assist with finding exact location): Ref 2 picture: I am bumped up against the object. The second picture was taken by a squad mate as we did not have externals on so I was not able to go outside to take the picture to try and give an idea of my location with buildings in the background for reference.

Invisible Object ref 2.jpg

Invisible Object Location Reference.jpg

Yep,certain bushes will stop you dead and destroy your tank. Just like the wagons and the wells.

Im pretty sure those are the trees. You can see in my post above,i was shooting at it as high as my turret would allow. It is also narrow like a tree... I like the AI idea.

In fairness, only the Prokhorovka map was designed for tanks. It would help if the dumb 'entire crew wounded' result of running into an invisible tree was toned down, when it has taken you 30 minutes to get somewhere and then you have the choice of continuing in blur-o-vision or aborting it is quite annoying.

Another 'feature' is where your tank hangs on the scenery in an unconvincing manner and will not move forwards or back. Tracked vehicles were designed to cross trenches.

Edited by beresford
  • Upvote 2

The title pretty much  says it all.    Please put some kind of fix in so that Tanks are not damaged when they hit these,  or any object ,  and also remove the crew injuries,  as these are also TOTALLY UNREALISTIC !   In addition to having to waste valuable time repairing,  2 or 3 of these strikes on the way to a target and you have a hard time seeing the target.

If trees  the tank would bowl them over  and barely pause,  not suffer catastrophically as we now have.  Please address this with the crew injuries at least

• Upvote 2

-DED-Rapidus   ,   I honestly  can not tell you what kind of tree or object I crashed into,  they were invisible  as I  put in the title.   This is not a new issue, but one that has happened to  a large # of people playing tanks.   It happens very often now on the Velki Luki Map,  IMHO  that map seems to be the worst of the maps.  The assumption is made that they are trees because alot of the times you are either in the trees,  or you are in a clearing that is somewhat near the trees.   The issue of  damage and injuries to crew caused by hitting trees  may not be something everyone agrees on.  However,  I think you will find overwhelming agreement that when you hit an invisible object,at any speed, ( I used 18KPH because it most often happens off-road )  your tank should not be penalized with damage,  and most certainly your crew members should not be injured.    I would venture to guess that if flyers,  knowing they were not hitting the ground or trees , suddenly crashed into an invisible  object  and their aircraft was destroyed or they ditched, and their pilot was injured or killed,  that the issue of invisible object collision would have some kind of fix applied immediately.

10 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@JG1_Wittmann, what kind of trees did you crash into? please take a screenshot of what tank and where you crash.

Thanks for your reply. As @JG1_Wittmann said, some of the invisible objects  might be trees based on your location when you hit it, but my feeling is some of the objects are much wider then what you would expect for a tree. I know where a few are on the Stalingrad map, so I will post them here a little later. 

Thought this should be here.

Edited by LachenKrieg
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@LachenKrieg, the map of Prokhorovka for the building and it was designed specifically for TC on any other map objects are made for aviation.

Thanks again for your reply.

What is not clear to me is whether the Dev team is aware of all the different types of invisible objects and the reason they are present on the map, or if they are actually unsure of what is being reported.

I think its safe to say that the video I showed of invisible buildings is simply the way the map was created as you say, to be seen from the air. It's clear that in those examples, a continuous block is present, but it has been textured/painted to look like the iron structure of an unfinished building, or two separate buildings from the air.

The invisible dirt mound is a little harder to explain in the same way because even when seen from the air, the misalignment between what is visually there, and what is physically there in terms of the computer generated digital landscape has little value to the pilots that fly over that area.

I am guessing that trees seemingly growing in the middle of the road are also just the way the map was created. It looks like some tree objects were accidentally added to the map in places where they should not have been, but again it is not really a problem if the map was meant to be seen from the air as opposed to be driven on. 

But what is the reason for the apparent invisible tree objects? And I say apparent because when you watch the video posted by @RIVALDO, you see the same damage effect as he shoots the invisible object that you get when you shoot a tree. And this is obviously different from the damage effect you get when you shoot a invisible/building.

Even on a map made to be seen from the air, why would there be invisible trees?

So the reason I posted the video above was to try and demonstrate that there are in fact different types of invisible objects, some of them are obvious to the Dev team, but others seem to be less so.

I thought a dialogue where the user base could get a better understanding of the problem the Dev team is facing might help us better help them.

I understand why fixing all of the map issues would be a low priority considering all of the much more urgent work that needs to be completed for both the air and land vehicles first. And I am also sure that the Dev team is well aware that the maps are now being driven on, and that they have given this consideration.

Edited by LachenKrieg
  • Upvote 2
  • 1CGS

The problem is known with buildings on the map of Stalingrad, because the technology at the time of creating this map was still very far from ideal, and our computers did not have such outstanding indicators as now (4-8GB of video memory now is already considered the norm, and then 2GB was something beyond the limit). The Stalingrad map terrain itself has already been refactored, but the buildings are not. Now there are small steps in the work on remaking the content, I can say for sure, there is nothing to do on tanks on Stalingrad yet. As for invisible trees, or as they are also called invisible stumps, then Yes, there are problems for which work is planned after the new year to find and eradicate them, so I will be happy to get any help in finding them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 1CGS
On 12/11/2020 at 12:31 PM, LachenKrieg said:

While some have given examples of what appears to be trees, the invisible objects seem to be related to buildings and other map objects as well.

thank you for such cases, such as a lone tree at an intersection and errors with airfield objects) 

4 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

The problem is known with buildings on the map of Stalingrad, because the technology at the time of creating this map was still very far from ideal, and our computers did not have such outstanding indicators as now (4-8GB of video memory now is already considered the norm, and then 2GB was something beyond the limit). The Stalingrad map terrain itself has already been refactored, but the buildings are not. Now there are small steps in the work on remaking the content, I can say for sure, there is nothing to do on tanks on Stalingrad yet. As for invisible trees, or as they are also called invisible stumps, then Yes, there are problems for which work is planned after the new year to find and eradicate them, so I will be happy to get any help in finding them.

Thanks very much for your reply. And it is very understandable how advances in technology have made the much older map of Stalingrad outdated. I really like the Stalingrad map BTW, and spend a fair amount of time using it. I am also sure the vast majority of users can understand the need to prioritize the list of projects in the future roadmap, and that updating/fixing all of the current map issues will have to follow a number of more urgent projects. 

It is good to know though that work to resolve at least the invisible tree/stump issue has already made it to the planning stage, and the community can help by making a note of the location where any invisible tree objects are encountered in this thread.

The first part of the video is showing my tank traveling on sloped ground. The question I have for the Dev team, does ground resistance need to be adjusted? I find that even on dry sloped surfaces, the vehicles tend to slid too much.

Brief description

Invisible tree object on Stalingrad map

Additional Info

• Thanks 1

The invisible trees are very common at the Velkije Luki map.

Happened for me in one sortie 3 times...

And more then 5-6 times in general for the 3h I have played where on the tank it was like 2h maybe...

Additionally when you avoid tree and aim for the bushes you get damage as well - some bushes act like big trees, you can't run it with your tank.

This is really annoying.

On 12/13/2020 at 10:14 AM, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Brief description: 

Invisible obstacle at Velikie Luki map
Detailed description, conditions:

Invisible obstacle at Velikie Luki map 

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

Track : https://ufile.io/e205zdtj

Hey @1stCL/rudidlo, not sure how to play back a downloaded track file. Can I simply double click the file from the desktop that has Tank Crew installed, or do I have to place it in a folder?

7 minutes ago, LachenKrieg said:

Hey @1stCL/rudidlo, not sure how to play back a downloaded track file. Can I simply double click the file from the desktop that has Tank Crew installed, or do I have to place it in a folder?

You have to unzip the file into \data\Tracks subfolder and then in the game go to the Flight records menu and play it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@DD_Arthur, video recording from the track?

Hi Rapidus:salute:.  Yes, it's a recording from a track over a year ago.  I'm afraid I no longer have a track of this to send you but it was a multiplayer mission and we are landing at Gelendizhik 2 airfield on the Kuban coast.

As you can see, my squadmate in the Yak hit some sort of invisible object.  However, we've flown into this airfield plenty of times since and the object is not there. 

I think these invisible objects pop up randomly and then vanish again.

Of course, that's going to make this bug a real toughie to track down.  Good luck! 

On 12/17/2020 at 6:20 AM, DD_Arthur said:

I have a feeling these 'objects' are a random bug that comes and goes. 

On 12/17/2020 at 11:17 AM, DD_Arthur said:

Hi Rapidus:salute:.  Yes, it's a recording from a track over a year ago.  I'm afraid I no longer have a track of this to send you but it was a multiplayer mission and we are landing at Gelendizhik 2 airfield on the Kuban coast.

As you can see, my squadmate in the Yak hit some sort of invisible object.  However, we've flown into this airfield plenty of times since and the object is not there. 

I think these invisible objects pop up randomly and then vanish again.

Of course, that's going to make this bug a real toughie to track down.  Good luck! 

Just curious, do you know if other pilots have seen this? This is the first time I hear of/see a pilot that has experienced the invisible object issue.

Are you implying that someone has hacked into the game and infected the source code, or do you mean someone from within has added this feature?  I am guessing that the maps being generated have to follow the software instructions hard coded into the game. But the question of why there are invisible trees that even the Dev's aren't aware of seems very mysterious I have to admit.

In support of your random theory though, I was on the Moscow map last night and was surprised to see that I could knock down a tree, as I thought this level of detail had only been added to the Tank Crew map at this point. I then went on to knock down 3 trees in a row, before the forest turned to stone again. Not sure that qualifies as being the same thing you are seeing.

16 minutes ago, LachenKrieg said:

Just curious, do you know if other pilots have seen this? This is the first time I hear of/see a pilot that has experienced the invisible object issue.

Are you implying that someone has hacked into the game and infected the source code, or do you mean someone from within has added this feature?  I am guessing that the maps being generated have to follow the software instructions hard coded into the game. But the question of why there are invisible trees that even the Dev's aren't aware of seems very mysterious I have to admit.

In support of your random theory though, I was on the Moscow map last night and was surprised to see that I could knock down a tree, as I thought this level of detail had only been added to the Tank Crew map at this point. I then went on to knock down 3 trees in a row, before the forest turned to stone again. Not sure that qualifies as being the same thing you are seeing.

Hi LachenKrieg.  Yes, I am aware of other flyers that have hit invisible objects.  I am certainly NOT implying that someone has either hacked the game or added this as a 'feature.' It's a bug.

As far as I am aware this only occurs online and I've always attributed it to the mysterious world of netcode.  Thats why it seems to come and go and why I think it'll be a difficult bug to squash.