Skins Bf 109 G-6 Late

Well, here you have a modification of Julian's Work, which as we know makes very beautiful Skins.
But in this case I do not agree with not paying attention to Eduard's Historic colors.

For me, as a Model Maker, "Eduard" with his Paintings works make a very precise historical study.

Something that I cannot say about other brands that many consider "Best", such as "Hasegawa" or "Tamiya" in which I have already seen many historical failures in their color profiles throughout my years as a Modeler.

Thanks to Julian for his Base Work.

-Changes made.
-Spinner, painted Green
-Nose of the plane removed the yellow
-Change from COLOR to RLM 75 in the upper part of the wing
-Added in the tips of the wings the color yellow

The rest remains unchanged.

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ehfjio2lz7wyxm3/Bf109G6_Late_3_Stab._JG5_Eismeer_Green_spiner.dds/file

EDU82111_13.thumb.jpg.7dcea77d52cd79517c695c840901de57.jpg

Spoiler

595227739_Il-22020-12-0707-59-19.thumb.jpg.fa1d98cb3309987b7618ea0fae642b22.jpg

2009185961_Il-22020-12-0707-58-56.thumb.jpg.14576e78e2e2d7bb36d913a623fb9d7d.jpg

567845925_Il-22020-12-0707-58-34.thumb.jpg.05651525567427b5380ade77ceadf739.jpg

I wish you enjoy

Edited by XQ_Lothar29
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Spoiler

On 11/25/2020 at 10:30 PM, E69_julian57 said:

2020-11-25-22-31-45.jpg

Hide contents

Me-109-G-6-Doerr-JG-5.jpg

2020-11-25-22-30-32.jpg

2020-11-25-22-32-5.jpg

2020-11-25-22-31-20.jpg

Update --------------------- ⬇️

Hello Julian , come va ?

Thank-you for this another beautifull skin of yours.

May I point out two little things concerning your rendition of this aircraft. (Hoping secretely that you could think about a possibility to make a second skin of this aircraft...)

The W.Nr. 411960 was not listed in large at the top of the fin, but very small, just above the horizontal plane. This clearly appears on the only existing photo of this aircraft.
As this is an aircraft built by Erla-Leipzig, it may well be that it wore the typical Erla wing camouflage pattern, i.e. a sawtooth pattern. After having looked at the other photos of the JG5 planes of the time (109G-6 and Fw 190A) in the same theatre of operations,  it seems that the underside of the engines were not painted yellow.
For the rest I completely agree with your interpretation of this diagram, no photo existing of the front of the plane, I do not see why this precise plane would have differed from the others except for Franz Dörr's "scoreboard" on the rudder.
Kind regards.
Madcop.

P.S. In conjunction, an extract from Kagero's TOPSHOT.

Spoiler

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G-6-Erla-Stab-III.JG5-Franz-Dorr-WNr-411960-Gossen-05.45_KAGERO TOPCOLORS.jpg

Spoiler

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G-6R3-Erla-Stab-III.JG5-Franz-Dorr-WNr-411960-Gossen-May-1945.jpg

Edited by Madcop
  • Like 1

Forgive me, but I had to modify two small errors. 

one the Hakenkreuz, and the other the spinner in motion, which inadvertently left the spiral without withe colour.

now it is updated

Download:https://www.mediafire.com/file/ehfjio2lz7wyxm3/Bf109G6_Late_3_Stab._JG5_Eismeer_Green_spiner.dds/file

1403321103_Sinttulo.thumb.jpg.7dfb0e7725a454d1c472c6cbc9207b44.jpg

Thx and Enjoy :)

Edited by XQ_Lothar29
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, fw190_luftwurgerfan said:

BF-109G-6 late that participated in Battle of Normandy. It would make another  great skin for the late G-6 folder.

InkedBf109G-6_TT_Yellow 6 JG3_600_LI.jpg

JG3 emblem but isnt the green DOTR band JG27? JG3s was white wasnt it?  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BOO said:

JG3 emblem but isnt the green DOTR band JG27? JG3s was white wasnt it?  

In general yes, but maybe for fending off the invasion JG 27 handed over some planes to JG 3 and they never bothered to replace the green band with a white one? You never know what might have happened on unit level. Description of Barracuda Decals remains speculative also.

Barracuda Studios BC32230: Bf 109G-6 & G-14 Part 1 | Large Scale Planes

baracuda.jpg

Edited by sevenless
8 minutes ago, sevenless said:

In general yes, but maybe for fending off the invasion JG 27 handed over some planes to JG 3 and they never bothered to replace the green band with a white one? You never know what might have happened on unit level.

Anything is possible as you rightly say however Id question how they found the time to both overpaint the JG27 emblem with perfect colour matching and then paint on their own (whilst fortuitously managing to get hold of a III gruppe straight swap from JG27). In fact Id question how they had time to do anything TBH in the circumstances. Considering their own disastrous transfer to Normandy Im not even sure JG27 even had the capacity to hand over anything.

Ive never seen a contemporary photo of a JG3 G6 with anything but either no band or a white band. Id trust general historical consensus more than unsubstantiated colour plates having been bitten many times by them over a 40 year hobby of model making and skinning. 

Just now, BOO said:

Ive never seen a contemporary photo of a JG3 G6 with anything but either no band or a white band. Id trust general historical consensus more than unsubstantiated colour plates having been bitten many times by them over a 40 year hobby of model making and skinning. 

I am with you on this. Even if it is a JG 3 plane with its white band overpainted in green, I would doubt it without seeing photographic evidence. Even profiles by Claes Sundin sometimes are giving me headscratches. So I´d write this down to artistic license.

There one other explanation to the green bands and JG3 emblems.....the intel was wrong....what?..military intelligence wrong?....never!!

Eduard used to produce a kit with these markings back in the day

Intriguing tho that Barracuda mentions "photo". The closeness of the patterns may also hint at some form of original source (although one could be taken from t'other)

Anyhow and furiously waving that ole artistic licence, if it were me, I'd prolly go for an RLM74 perhaps with something of a rougher finish not dissimilar to the Barracuda profile. 

18 minutes ago, BOO said:

There one other explanation to the green bands and JG3 emblems.....the intel was wrong....what?..military intelligence wrong?....never!!

Just for the fun of it I digged through some books and found it in "La Luftwaffe Face Au Debarquement: Normandie 6 Juin - 31 Aout 1944" by Jean-Bernard Frappe on page 216.

Here we go:

III_3_scan.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Just for the fun of it I digged through some books and found it in "La Luftwaffe Face Au Debarquement: Normandie 6 Juin - 31 Aout 1944" by Jean-Bernard Frappe on page 216.

Here we go:

III_3_scan.jpeg

Wow - thats a pretty specific book!

Nice find Sevenless! - mystery solved and proberty provided!! Useful thing photos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1