Gimme some YT vids to watch, so I can "git gud"

As the title says, I'm fairly accustomed to the majority of the planes in the game and the techniques of flying them efficiently in combat, but I realize there's still stuff to learn. I know the basic and somewhat advanced stuff, but I still get my ass kicked and it's hard to understand where I screwed up. Need some knowledge on the smarter ways to fly.

I already watched tutorials from Sheriff, Central, Air Combat Tutorial Library, Bismarck and a few more well known tubers, I wonder, if there's anything else I missed out on?

Vids with commentary dealing in how and why are greatly appreciated, dive-bombing stuff in particular, but also load-outs - just recently figured out that dual 12.7s on the Mig-3 is kind of a bad idea.

Check out all the vids on Requiem's channel.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Here's another great channel with lots of tips.
Check out his "How to..." playlist.

Have a nice day.

Lots of interesting tutorials on Central's channel:

Have a nice day.

• 5 weeks later...

Best advice I can give you is :

learn the basic and advanced combat maneuvers, record your flights and analyse them. Thing is, when you are flying and fighting, your brain is busy with all the tasks at hand, especially since aerial combat is an very dynamic environment.  Personally, I try to learn  as much theory as I can. Everything you can get your hands on, Knowledge is power. Next step is actually trying to put it to practise. Next is analysing if Im doing what I am supposed to be doing, and analyse what my oponent is doing. 

What helps me a lot is Tacview.Tacview - The Universal Flight Data Analysis Tool Its a 3rd party program, which allows you to record all your telemetry during your flights, (*compare this with F1 teams, and how they analyse their performance to continiously aim to improve it). Tacview does that for flightsims, you can watch back your flights (given if you record them), and analyse them afterwards. Personally I usually do this when Im done gaming,  just relaxing with a drink for example.  You will have acces to data, concerning speeds, g-load, turnrate, turnradius... pretty much anything you want. Aswell of your opponent. So you are able to see what went well (hopefully) or what went sour.  Good thing is, that even if you lose, if you try to learn of it, you will come back better and wiser.

Most likely you will still fuck up, just on other areas.

However, you will find yourselve, become able to improve at a faster pace, then just by trial and error.

Here is a video, I just uploaded recently, showing Tacview(bottom screen), I edited it in the video. But it will give you a good idea on how it looks (it has many more cool features,that I didnt use in this video)

Operation: Double Trouble (IL-2 Battle over Stalingrad online game play at Cry-Havoc ) - YouTube

I would strongly discourage to base your tactics and strategy purely on what you see on youtube videos, many people just want to stroke their own ego. They will show you  nice kills, but if you dont understand how they got to that point, and most importantly how to survive.................it has just as much value as hollywood movies. There are good videos around too though, just as there is tons of information to find of the net, and websites like SimHQ..... and good books. 

Also it helps finding a cool group to fly with, there are many cool squadrons active, that are more than willing too help a "newbie". We all have been there at some point........Just don't join a group because you think they look good, or you see them score well. Best is to find a group, with people you feel comfortable with and have fun with.

Most importantly, I would like to stress out, Do NOT get discouraged , by what you see other people do. Some people you meet online, actually are pilots, or have been avid simmers for many years. Some are actually in the military. Some are just crazy about the game, and played heck of a lot more  than you have.........

Sorry for the long post, I hope it helps you , and see you in the skies mate.

Edited by [TFA]G_ren_del