BinakZaino

About the mod community

I have barely been a week posting in the forums and I see that there are lots and lots of mods, skins and other materials created by the community, which I find quite impressive. The community is quite alive. 

But find some of those materials needs time and even more time to explore them. I’ve been googling a little to find more mods but the main places to find them are here, in the forums and in mission4today. What it is worse, it is that sometimes links are dead (completely natural, as those are user’s cloud drives).  

Have you guys (as a community and as individuals) ever considered to upload to dedicated mod pages like the mod database or nexus? It would be way easier to find those hidden gems and keep track of updates, also, the creators wouldn’t have to keep the file up. 

It's hard to keep up due constant changes, updates, new game version changes making stuff obsolete ...

To boot: Also most freebee upload sites are auto deleting older stuff automatically - 404 blues.

I am still lucky i had a then free 50GB Mediafire account, but find my own obsolete stuff there as well, some probably no longer valid as i cannot remember what it was for even. 

Best way of finding the goodies is by reading through the recent mods pages, or just ask around for what you want.

• Upvote 1

I've been thinking though, what would really help the community is to have some kind of mod-pack, like you often see in other games.

• Upvote 3