Just went to the eye Doctor and got my updated glasses prescription. Looking into VR lenses...looks like there's quite a few brands out there and the price varies. What is the best brand everyone recommends? I want something that won't scratch and is easy to take off if someone else comes over.

I bought lenses from "vr-lens-lab.com" for my CV-1 unit and they work flawlessly, but they have not offered the reverb G2 version so I ordered from widmovr the other day.  I still don't have a G2, but will be ready for it when I do.  IMHO HMD prescription's are a must have!

• Upvote 1

I ordered from widmovr, too. I have prescription lenses for my Oculus Quest 1 that are made up of cheap, $30 round lenses from an inexpensive online glasses shop that I removed from their frame then fit into a pair of 3D printed Oculus lens adapters I bought from Etsy.

I was hoping I would find similar 3D lens adapters for my Reverb G2, but noone offers any yet that I could find. The unusual shape of the Reverb G2 lenses makes me think they may not be good candidates for that approach anyway, so I just decided to buy from widmovr.

Well , there shall be a room for the stubid Q ....🤔

As I understand it is glasses you're putting in your Reverb FX 

And ..... I'm an soon old man , 58 year - with old man's eyes , and I go to the shop and buy the  cheap +2 glasses for reading the blogs of Ill2 

I have the Reverb 1 ,  fly without glasses in the VR - and don't have the feeling I need it ....but maybe it would be better if I did 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 9:14 PM, Charlo-VR said:

so I just decided to buy from widmovr.

Hi Charlo - I think I saw in another thread that yours had been delivered.  Did you have any glitches along the way? 

Mine were on the way from Poland, made it to Memphis, and from the FedEx tracking, it looks like they were literally on the truck to be delivered to my house in NC when US Customs revoked clearance for delivery.  I just called FedEx and they told me they are on the way back to Poland! :angry:

47 minutes ago, c6_lefuneste said:

I'm happy with my VR optician lenses for my Reverb,

Yes, my G1 lenses were from VR Optician and work great.  I ordered the G2 lenses from Widmovr because VR Optician wasn't taking orders for G2 lenses at that point.  No clue what happened at US Customs/FedEx.  I am hopeful that Widmovr will get it remedied quickly and ship them back to me (with 3 trans-Atlantic flights under their belt).

12 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

Mine have been in Memphis "Package available for clearance" for a few days now.

Interesting...looks like mine must have gotten ahead of Customs in Memphis for some reason.  Hopefully, you won't see the dreaded "in transit" pop back up after it reaches Wheaton:

image.png.2afb604199e753707e3ca6ccbd42919d.png

Edited by Varibraun
13 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

Interesting...looks like mine must have gotten ahead of Customs in Memphis for some reason.  Hopefully, you won't see the dreaded "in transit" pop back up after it reaches Wheaton:

image.png.2afb604199e753707e3ca6ccbd42919d.png

Man, that is a weird timeline going on there 🤨

2 hours ago, Varibraun said:

Hi Charlo - I think I saw in another thread that yours had been delivered.  Did you have any glitches along the way? 

Mine were on the way from Poland, made it to Memphis, and from the FedEx tracking, it looks like they were literally on the truck to be delivered to my house in NC when US Customs revoked clearance for delivery.  I just called FedEx and they told me they are on the way back to Poland! :angry:

Yikes!  Mine came through Memphis, too, by way of Charles de Gaulle airport in France. They were sent out of Memphis within 6 hours and delivered to me within 12 hours of being in Memphis. Perhaps that's one of the perks of living in a big city 🙂

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Charlo-VR said:

Yikes!  Mine came through Memphis, too, by way of Charles de Gaulle airport in France. They were sent out of Memphis within 6 hours and delivered to me within 12 hours of being in Memphis. Perhaps that's one of the perks of living in a big city 🙂

Hey, I'm just north of DC, which is much closer to Memphis than LA 😔

Widmovr Customer Support just responded that they are looking into it with FedEx.  So the good news is that they are responsive.  I will keep this updated in case anyone else runs into the same issue.  Enjoy your clear vision @Charlo-VR :)  

I have my G1 lenses taped on right now and it is a decent workaround (better than my progressive lenses glasses).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 12/18/2020 at 5:12 PM, Varibraun said:

Widmovr Customer Support just responded that they are looking into it with FedEx.  So the good news is that they are responsive.  I will keep this updated in case anyone else runs into the same issue. 

Update - No further response from Widmovr yet.  FedEx tracking reflects that the lenses went back to Memphis on Friday and are now in a "Package Available for Clearance" status.  So, holding my breath to see if they will come back to me or go back to Poland (which is what FedEx told me with the new tracking #).  Stay tuned...

Further Update - Widmovr did follow up with the response below this morning (which to me is timely since this all happened over a weekend).  It appears to be really bad luck with this particular shipment - unless others start to have the same problem.  So far, I am happy with their communication and support.  I will now patiently await my well traveled lenses to make their journey back and forth across the Atlantic again.  I just wish FedEx would hurry them along their way back to Poland, since they are still sitting in Memphis.  Here was the response email:

FedEx said that the package is, unfortunately, indeed being sent back to Poland, although they couldn't explain why.
We asked our FedEx account manager to check why this is happening.

I am very sorry about this. I have a suspicion that FedEx did not provide the required documents that we have provided for the customs clearance, which would not have been the first time.
However, we shipped many thousands of packages over the past years and it's the first time that the shipment is being sent back to us. All other shipments arrive at their destination without any issues, so I am sure it's something trivial (we are registered within the FDA and our products meets all requirements).

We will of course dispatch your order once again, as soon as it returns to us.
I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Final Update/Resolved - Received Widmovr lenses and am very happy with them and their customer service that worked through this delivery issue with FedEx.  I do believe what happened with my delayed delivery is not typical and they communicated with me every step of the way to get it resolved.

Edited by Varibraun
Update
5 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

Well mine is still being held in Memphis since Wednesday pending clearance, so...

Well, fingers crossed yours won't be the second time.  They did reply again to tell me they hope to have it resolved before the holidays.

• Upvote 1
On 12/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, Varibraun said:

Well, fingers crossed yours won't be the second time.  They did reply again to tell me they hope to have it resolved before the holidays.

Mine arrived today. I did get a notification last night that FedEx just got them released from customs, so it was a customs issue that took almost a week to resolve. Widmovr thinks that mine were just subject to a random inspection and not an issue with their paperwork, but I don't really have a way of knowing.

They are really freeing in VR. I don't have comparison with other company's lenses, but these will do the job nicely.

Edited by unlikely_spider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say my lenses arrived yesterday after ordering on Dec 23rd from VR Optician. They installed very easy, just line em up and pop em in. Gotta say these are a game changer for me. Combined with the 4k cockpit texture update I'm sure and the lenses I can now read gauges in VR!

Before I had to squint, and use the VR zoom to read stuff, now I can do it mostly from the stock view very cool! I don't feel like they made my FOV any smaller, or pressed against my eyes or anything, no distortion either. Highly recommend!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Sadly I didn't get an gummie bears. I'm sad. Maybe it's a customs thing getting shipped to the US idk.

Came with a hard case, 2 polishing cloth material sinch bags for each lens, and a polishing cloth.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, just a heads up incase you have the same problem;  I received my Widmovr prescriptions and found them narrower then the G2's lenses, they pop over the G2's and taper in a cone shape so their surface is smaller then the G2's.  They're also curved (inwards) and seamed to distort the vision near the edges.  I ordered the blue light protection which leaves a very slight yellow tint on everything you look at in game.  I'm not impressed with the tint as it makes the inside of the cockpit (and outside world) look as if Galland himself smoked up a storm covering everything inside with a film of nicotine.  Really bad IMO because it dulls the brightness of the whole game.

I ordered another pair, this time from VR-Wave without the blue light protection.  Just finished trying these out tonight and they are a wider (flat) lens then the G2's with no noticeable distortion.  Verdict is, the Widmovr lens I first ordered are garbage!  At least the ones I received, these new lenses now make the G2's sweet spot 'TWICE' the size, plus the outside edge looks 2/3rds less blurry.  The Widmovr lenses were like wearing coke bottles in comparison.  Seriously, they ruined my experience with the G2 the past three weeks.

had I not bought new lenses to compare, my impression of the G2 would be fairly poor to be honest.  Now though, I can spot and ID much better, at least 80-100% better IMO, and the colour is bright and clear as it should be.  If you're not having a good time seeing clearly in your G2, you might want to reconsider your prescription options...

Edited by Drum

I wear contact lenses and intend to do so with the G2, but might consider getting a pair of corrective lenses (provided that fedex ever decides to deliver my HMD of course). I know it probably depends on the vendor you get it from, but how easy are these to put in/out generally?

2 hours ago, kissTheSky said:

I wear contact lenses and intend to do so with the G2, but might consider getting a pair of corrective lenses (provided that fedex ever decides to deliver my HMD of course). I know it probably depends on the vendor you get it from, but how easy are these to put in/out generally?

Takes five seconds. They pop over the existing lenses.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, kissTheSky said:

Thanks! I may purchase a pair in the future just in case for those dry-eyes days then. 

Pop-in lenses are far superior to glasses plus headset, imo. My wife and I each use the headset, and it's quick and easy to switch the lenses out depending on who's using them at the time.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

Pop-in lenses are far superior to glasses plus headset, imo. My wife and I each use the headset, and it's quick and easy to switch the lenses out depending on who's using them at the time.

Great to know! I’m almost 99% on the contact lenses, especially as I feel they have superior multi focal performance (yup, I’m at that age :(), but still having a pair of inserts might be worth considering.