Sign in to follow this  
TheAngryGamer

squad wanted

Me, formation flying not my strongest subject. I have been flying IL2 3 weeks now. Looking for group to fly with. Active please. I fly almost daily. Need group that can also help me improve my aircraft handling skills. 

You, Must have common sense. For example, if you're the flight lead, don't fly the plane at max sustainable speed and expect me to catch up. I am tired of blowing motors to try to catch up. If you're flying lead, I will be watching for planes while you navigate so no wild moves uncommunicated or I may lose you as I am constantly looking around and only checking your position. Also, communicate. It is real easy, just speak. 

Yes, I may seem like a cynical ass but only because these are issues I have been running into more often than not. I think, I evaluate, and I expect the same of others and would prefer you to be better than me so I can learn as I am just not yet very good. I am not arrogant, cocky, and listen well. Eager to learn. American is my first preference, I love the P51 and P38. German is ok. I hate the Russian planes. I can and will fly British. Prefer fighters, not bombers. 

I have been as straight forward as I can. I should mention, I am in Florida, USA.  So that's my time zone. Also, hopefully getting VR soon if that matters at all. Should also mention, I have SRS for Combat box, I am registered for TAW servers, and have discord comms. Teamspeak can also be added if needed. 

Edited by TheAngryGamer

You may want to think about joining us. One of us lives in Virginia (US), whilst two of live in th UK. WE dont fly on any server (apart from Coconut casual)...we fly on our own server, flying our own missions...which can be quite challenging.

We only fly allied aircraft and we would be more than willing to help you along and give any help you need. (We dont fly tight formations 😎']

Normally we are on through the week at about 10.00am, UK time and at the weekends at about 09:30 and we are on for about 3 hours. We fly dogfight, ground attack both ground targets and shipping as well as straight forward bombing. We have our own teamspeak  and it needs a password which I am happy to give you, should you wish to try us out.,

Cam

85 Squadron

Edited by No.85_Camm

One recommendation (made with the best intentions) is to moderate what you say as what you have posted comes across as arrogant and all about you.  Squads have always been about the individuals and the synergy of the total group, and if you go in being so demanding it just won't work for you.  Some are more focused and intent on "reality" but others are more chilled/relaxed.

Just my thoughts...

von Tom

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Advice is appreciated. I am just trying to be clear what I am looking for. I have, in other games, joined squads that just were not active, run poorly, or otherwise just not what I was looking for. So in this post, it is all about me and what I am looking for. When I find a squad to join, it will be all about the squad. Normally there is a squad chain of command of sorts and I will follow the structure they have in place. I don't expect to join a group and have the whole group change to meet my needs, that would really be stupid. I expect to grow into their mold. 

• Like 1