Big disappointment

Is it possible to randomize AT guns/tanks location on the map? Lets say im attacking a village with three at guns and when i hit reply at guns are randomly placed on different spots in the village. (5 preselected locations with good view?). Because right now  its boring if you know when the tanks or at guns are located.

If anyone can create a Town or Village GROUP including roads for use in mission creation.... I would greatly appreciate it.  :salute:

26 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Is it possible to randomize AT guns/tanks location on the map? Lets say im attacking a village with three at guns and when i hit reply at guns are randomly placed on different spots in the village. (5 preselected locations with good view?). Because right now  its boring if you know when the tanks or at guns are located.

Yes, by utilizing a randomizer. :salute:

1 hour ago, TIGRE88 said:

I knew you found my missions disappointing, boring and not interesting "I'm a medium" :) 

but i don't want to include this function, the tanks and anti-tank guns have already well thought out strategic places in my judgment, 

and it already takes a lot of work to make sure that everything is well synchronized, that each tank goes to the right place at the right time ... if you think that it is enough just to place a vehicle on the map and that everything will work as expected, you're wrong ... every time I place a vehicle I have to close the mission éditor, run the game, test, quit the game, relaunch the editor, re-adjust and so on. . it takes hours ....  i have already worked hard.. sometimes 16 hours per day,  last time 20 hours per day to finish the work of the campaign " operation zitadelle" 

generally there is no interesting place to place the tanks and anti tanks elsewhere in a random place.   

the goal is to do the missions or campaigns, 17 campaigns offer enough action and various scenarios to have fun for a long time.

I think that what would really suit you is multiplayer games, there you can be sure that the tanks will never be in the same places, because they are players and not  AI. ! 

1. I dont think that your missions are boring.

2. Im not a mission builder and you know that. I just wanted more randomized environment.

3. I prefer quality over quantity

4. I dont like multiplayer

5. You are quite grumpy, arent you?

Well, I agree some things where not pitched for TC. However it leave a lot to be desired and hopefully it get some attention over the coming month. Jason comment about infantry is promising, given the fact they originally do not wanted to include infantry at all in BoX. I would have liked if AA vehicles were included in TC. That would have made sense for me, since in a combined battlefield (MP with aircraft) the tanks are sitting ducks at the moment, I guess.

• Upvote 2

Tigre88, I appreciate what you have done and I have barely played maybe 15 missions of what you have created.  All of these missions you have created will keep my tracks rolling, turrets turning and guns blazing for quite sometime into the future! Thanks for your Hard Work Sir!:good:

S!Blade<><

• Thanks 1
On 11/24/2020 at 10:56 AM, SCG_judgedeath3 said:

Isnt that possible already? Know that the servermaker of tank n spank can put in buildings and bridges etc pretty much at will, the map however wont show them 😛

S!

You can use a Translator Icon and make the name of the Icon the name of the town you put on the map. It will then show on the map.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

As a new arrival, I can say that I bought TC to support further development of what could be a great tank sim.  I don't have any complaints so far, but perhaps these comments:

It is so obviously just DLC for the flight sim, with not much to help the new TC only user when they start (no tutorials, no manual...).  An example is that I had to use my old T34 versus Tiger manual to learn (again) how to use the Tiger gunsights.  Worked perfectly by the way.  Finding the right key sequences to do it was another matter.

The controls and ability to map keys are not easy things to master, as the background plane controls often seem to double up with tank controls to create multiple effects from one control.  Trying to map to mouse buttons and keyboard is hit and miss.  Some work, some don't, and those that do are not sensitive enough, but that might be my failings in mapping.  I will try joystick when I get around to it.  Again, there is little to help anyone who is new to this.

I haven't played enough to add to the AI discussion above yet, but despite the above comments I like TC a lot and hope that it continues to develop.  We need a great WW2 tank sim and this one has promise if its continuing development is worthwhile for 1C.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I appreciate the frank discussion here. I'm a huge fan on the Il2 series and pacific fighters. I was very excited to see tank crew coming, I have not played a good AFV game since Panzer commander I feel like. I'm optimistic about future development though the community so far looks awesome. Hopefully I can catch it on a winter sale.  

• Like 1