JG7_X-Man

Help: Trigger: Proximity MCU to Trigger Command: Takeoff

Here is what I have: Built a small mission to test the idea: The Fw 190 to take off when the B-25 reaches 5KM to base roughly.

I seems the Fw 190 takes off when triggered.

Can someone please take a look?

Thanks.

Test.rar

Edited by JG7_X-Man

7 hours ago, DN308 said:

I use that kind of Logic really often

@DN308That's great! Can you paste a screen shot of the logic?

Edited by JG7_X-Man

I’ll do.

I’m away from my computer but will do on Monday night

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, DN308 said:

I’ll do.

I’m away from my computer but will do on Monday night

:good:Thanks mate!

A couple things...

First, again isolate the logic that you're having doubts/trouble with first.

Meaning, put a subtitle on your proximity logic to make sure it's firing as intended. (I did this for you)

If it is, then you know the trouble is with your aircraft/takeoff logic etc.

Second, use a separate Mission Begin MCU for such items, rather than using the same Mission Begin for multiple things and sending target links from one side of the map to the other.

It makes things easier to check/debug both for you and for anyone else attempting to help you. You can use as many Mission Begin MCU's as you want on a map.

Next, when I went to run a quick test I realized that my game isn't updated...grrrrr...so can't test it right now.

Run this version and make sure that your proximity MCU is firing (again I added the subtitle)

Test 2

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

A couple things...

First, again isolate the logic that you're having doubts/trouble with first.

Meaning, put a subtitle on your proximity logic to make sure it's firing as intended. (I did this for you)

If it is, then you know the trouble is with your aircraft/takeoff logic etc.

Second, use a separate Mission Begin MCU for such items, rather than using the same Mission Begin for multiple things and sending target links from one side of the map to the other.

It makes things easier to check/debug both for you and for anyone else attempting to help you. You can use as many Mission Begin MCU's as you want on a map.

Next, when I went to run a quick test I realized that my game isn't updated...grrrrr...so can't test it right now.

Run this version and make sure that your proximity MCU is firing (again I added the subtitle)

Test 2

Thank for help! It seems the issue is with the takeoff logic. Much appreciated! 

43 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Thank for help! It seems the issue is with the takeoff logic. Much appreciated! 

If you haven't already, you need to remove the target link from timer "2s" (id: 284) to "command AttackArea" (id: 282). The attack area command should be triggered only by event message OnPlaneTookOff from the FW190.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, JimTM said:

If you haven't already, you need to remove the target link from timer "2s" (id: 284) to "command AttackArea" (id: 282). The attack area command should be triggered only by event message OnPlaneTookOff from the FW190.

:acute:Ahh! The "command AttackArea" (id: 282) MCU was triggering the Fw 190 to take off 1st because it was triggering at mission start, thus over ridding the Proximity MCU. Outstanding! Never in a million years would have figured that one out! It works now! Thank you! I guess I need to re-read the section on MCUs in your manual:fool:

2 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

:acute:Ahh! The "command AttackArea" (id: 282) MCU was triggering the Fw 190 to take off 1st because it was triggering at mission start, thus over ridding the Proximity MCU. Outstanding! Never in a million years would have figured that one out! It works now! Thank you! I guess I need to re-read the section on MCUs in your manual:fool:

Great! I find that when you have a problem, it's always a good idea to go back and review the proper setup for MCUs and objects related to the problem first. If they are set up correctly, then look for logic problems such as multiple triggers for one event (sometimes they make sense and other times they do not).

• Thanks 2