Jason_Williams

Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka is Officially Released and Available on Steam

4 часа назад, kalnaren сказал:

Only if you play multiplayer. The AI needs serious work before this is a good single player game. 

New players are more often attracted online.  offline is the last century

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, =5GIAP=Eeafanas said:

New players are more often attracted online.  offline is the last century

I'd guess that the majority of IL-2 players play offline. 

In fact the amount of people annoyed about the lack of career mode in both TC and FC should tell you the SP market for these games isn't as small as you think. 

• Thanks 1

I don't consider the career mode as online...Like... at all!!!!

Edited by RIVALDO

On 11/22/2020 at 5:14 AM, Goosevich said:

Basically what you said + :
- a feature complete  campaign/career (not this basic teaser-like "campaigns" we have now) or at least a dynamic campaign that would give replayability

- a solid pack of single missions with various themes, that could serve as a basis for learning the mission edditor
- more modern mission/scenario editor, even Bohemia Interactive managed to finally make the mission editor that's easy to use

- few multiplayer scenarios, big and small, pvp and pve - that would be nice to play on official server/servers (with and without air component) and that would serve as a benchmark for usermade missions...

Thanks for that. The reason I asked is because I was interested to know if you considered the content included with Tank Crew as one of the issues. And your response is consistent with a lot of other complaints here. Roughly a quarter of what you see as the problem has to do with making/playing content. Or in other words, how you get your monies worth out of the module. 

I personally am not big on scripted game play, so I could take it, or leave it. The bang for my buck is more about how the SIM performs as a whole i.e. damage/physics models, audio/graphics effects, AI behavior, model detail... I spend a lot more time in the QMB/mission editor then I do playing the scripted campaigns. I don't know if you enjoy playing the tank skirmish mode in the QMB, but it can actually be a really good source for unscripted game play/content. 

Now that the module has been officially released, one way to easily increase the amount of single player content without making it too time consuming for the Dev team to deliver, would be to increase the number of Tank dual/skirmish mode points on each map. All that is needed would be to find interesting spots on each map to place them. 

And one way to increase the amount of multi-player content, all be it with a little more work for the Dev team, would be to make at least the QMB skirmish mode points something a player could host on a D-server. After playing around in the QMB a lot, I think it is one of the most underrated features of the GBS, and one that could serve as a way to add unscripted multi-player content. It would be a great addition to be able to play the skirmish mode with other players as either part of my crew, or as another tank in my platoon.

Another way to add more content and improve quality of the Tank SIM side of things without causing problems for the flight SIM users in terms of FPS drop, would be to clean the non-Tank Crew maps up in terms of invisible objects/trees growing in the wrong place. This would obviously require more work for the Dev team, but would be time well spent if it could address what appears to be seen as one of the major value issues with Tank Crew. I can't speak for you, but I would certainly be interested in buying all of the other flight SIM maps as a content addition to my Tank Crew module, even though my interest in flying is secondary.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LachenKrieg said:

Also what im missing are the at guns positions in qmb. Option to attack or defend strongpoint would be nice.

1 hour ago, LachenKrieg said:

increase the number of Tank dual/skirmish mode points on each map. All that is needed would be to find interesting spots on each map to place them. 

This!

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

You can try this: 

and leave some feedback as to how to improve things.

Hei, i tried. Enemy tanks were on the same spot and opened fire at me only at close range. I excpected more loosened formation with at guns. On hill or at the edge of the wood. Also i dont know if its possible to set up in mission builder, but it would be nice if the enemy tank can see you it will turn front armour to you. Not just the turret, leaving exposed side to your fire. also even when im attacking defence position and enemy tanks are not dug in, they could do some maneuvering and not be sittings ducks.

4 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

Hei, i tried. Enemy tanks were on the same spot and opened fire at me only at close range. I excpected more loosened formation with at guns. On hill or at the edge of the wood. Also i dont know if its possible to set up in mission builder, but it would be nice if the enemy tank can see you it will turn front armour to you. Not just the turret, leaving exposed side to your fire. also even when im attacking defence position and enemy tanks are not dug in, they could do some maneuvering and not be sittings ducks.

Thanks! I have added and commented on your feedback here:

On 11/21/2020 at 2:09 AM, ACG_Onebad said:

In the video trailer the M4 is described to have the 76mm M1 gun but it has the 75 mm M3 gun.

That was my error and it's been corrected in an updated version of the trailer.

6 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

You can try this: 

and leave some feedback as to how to improve things.

What an amazing effort. Thank you! Although the point I was trying to make regarding the official release of Tank Crew was how the Dev team could improve the module and add value in hopes of expanding the user base, I look forward to tinkering with this as a very interesting option. You will definitely be getting my feedback, along with questions and requests I am sure.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LachenKrieg said:

Thanks for that. The reason I asked is because I was interested to know if you considered the content included with Tank Crew as one of the issues. And your response is consistent with a lot of other complaints here. Roughly a quarter of what you see as the problem has to do with making/playing content. Or in other words, how you get your monies worth out of the module. 

I personally am not big on scripted game play, so I could take it, or leave it. The bang for my buck is more about how the SIM performs as a whole i.e. damage/physics models, audio/graphics effects, AI behavior, model detail... I spend a lot more time in the QMB/mission editor then I do playing the scripted campaigns. I don't know if you enjoy playing the tank skirmish mode in the QMB, but it can actually be a really good source for unscripted game play/content. 

Now that the module has been officially released, one way to easily increase the amount of single player content without making it too time consuming for the Dev team to deliver, would be to increase the number of Tank dual/skirmish mode points on each map. All that is needed would be to find interesting spots on each map to place them. 

And one way to increase the amount of multi-player content, all be it with a little more work for the Dev team, would be to make at least the QMB skirmish mode points something a player could host on a D-server. After playing around in the QMB a lot, I think it is one of the most underrated features of the GBS, and one that could serve as a way to add unscripted multi-player content. It would be a great addition to be able to play the skirmish mode with other players as either part of my crew, or as another tank in my platoon.

Another way to add more content and improve quality of the Tank SIM side of things without causing problems for the flight SIM users in terms of FPS drop, would be to clean the non-Tank Crew maps up in terms of invisible objects/trees growing in the wrong place. This would obviously require more work for the Dev team, but would be time well spent if it could address what appears to be seen as one of the major value issues with Tank Crew. I can't speak for you, but I would certainly be interested in buying all of the other flight SIM maps as a content addition to my Tank Crew module, even though my interest in flying is secondary.    

I figured that QMB would be right way to go more or less, but unfortunatly i find it shallow as hell in current form. I'm much more fond of Vander's Easy Mission Generator tbh. I'm also fond of a quality scripted content ;) Otherwise great suggestions.

PS - oh and yeah, i was thinking about buying flight sim modules for the sake of maps but im holding on that for obvious reasons 😄

9 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

That was my error and it's been corrected in an updated version of the trailer.

Cool. Although that gun is called M3, not M-3 but I guess it's just me being reeeeeeally nitpicky xd

1 hour ago, ACG_Onebad said:

Cool. Although that gun is called M3, not M-3 but I guess it's just me being reeeeeeally nitpicky xd

Dammit man 😄 

It was written that way in the info card for the tank so... I went with it.

6 hours ago, Goosevich said:

I figured that QMB would be right way to go more or less, but unfortunatly i find it shallow as hell in current form. I'm much more fond of Vander's Easy Mission Generator tbh. I'm also fond of a quality scripted content ;) Otherwise great suggestions.

PS - oh and yeah, i was thinking about buying flight sim modules for the sake of maps but im holding on that for obvious reasons 😄

Yeah I know your not alone, there are a lot of people that have voiced how much they enjoy the campaigns as well as the career mode on the flight SIM side of things. So I get the need for more scripted content. Hopefully there will be more on the way.

And it took a little bit of trial and error playing around in the QMB before I started to really enjoy it. Basically mixing and matching the number and type of vehicles with various load outs can produce some real neat engagements. But I am also looking forward to giving the EMG a try.

And I am a lot more hopeful now about the outlook and promise of Tank Crew then I was an hour ago. Anyone that hasn't already seen/heard the news should check out the latest Dev blog #266. Along with another major refinement of the gunfire visual effects, the coming terrain update is no small feat IMO, and will be added to all maps. A sincere thank you to the entire team for delivering on the promise to continue improving Tank Crew and the IL2 GBS. :good:

• Upvote 1