so wahts your happy drink of choice?

2 minutes ago, blue_max said:

Nice choice Therion! I'd go for one of the Belgian beers, but I'm not picky :)

Well, I'm not picky either, we also have good bier here in Switzerland, although not every brand is drinkable.

But to be honest, Belgian beer is the most tastiest beer I ever had - they are true brew masters, if you ask me.

1 hour ago, raaaid said:

anis-sexy-portada-kdBH-U70669647294WvE-624x385@RC.jpg

Interesting that you show Anis: yesterday my local Italian restaurant gave us Coffee Sambuca instead of their usual Limoncello for a digestif.  Very good it was too.

For an apéritif I go for a gin martini with a twist. (Bombay Sapphire is best, but Gordon's is also excellent. Avoid the smelly ones).

I discovered Tanqueray Flor De Sevilla gin recently and that is very moreish and does not even need a mixer if you pour it over plenty of ice.  A very rich orange flavour. The Rangpur made with lime is nice but does need a mixer.

sevilla-liquids.png

Stolichnaya used to sell a nice coffee flavoured vodka that was dangerously easy to knock back neat but they appear to have stopped.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Like 1

You can't beat a mug of builder's tea:

Mug_of_Tea.JPG

After that, and in order of preference:

Frozen pina colada

Rhubarb and ginger gin with ginger beer mixer

Tatratea

Stuff like Desperado (lager with tequila)

von Tom

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, THERION said:

But to be honest, Belgian beer is the most tastiest beer I ever had - they are true brew masters, if you ask me.

I hardly drink anything else than Belgian beers. And once in a while a German Bamberg Rauchbier. For it's typical smokey taste.

This is one of my favourite Belgian beers:

trappist_rochefort_8.png

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, raaaid said:

i see flat but alcohol makes me see 3d for moments

Well, depending on your drink of choice, that's a lot cheaper than a VR setup.

For me, it's generally just beer or scotch. Red ales, black lagers, IPAs. And anything aged in sherry casks is great for me when it comes to scotch. And I'm certainly not above JW Black, which is quite affordable where I am.

23 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

that's a lot cheaper than a VR setup.

that sounds odd like you need or to see 3d

you mean if you close one eye in real life you still see the same than with both eyes opend?

then you see flat as me

Edited by raaaid
32 minutes ago, raaaid said:

that sounds odd like you need or to see 3d

you mean if you close one eye in real life you still see the same than with both eyes opend?

then you see flat as me

The human brain can compensate or "calculate" what's missing when you can't see with both eyes. Sure, there are some limitations,

but I live with this since my birth. My left eye had only 18% of its visual acuity when I went at an oculist.

He suggested to train my left eye by covering my good eye - yes, I was one of those kids with milk-coffee coloured patch on my glasses

- and I eventually achieved a amelioration of nearly up to 40%.

So yes, I can see in 3D with this handicap, although not perfect as someone with both good eyes. And it never hindered my life - I got

my driving licence, I was a good shooter in the army and always had a very good sense of proportion, plus I always had a very good

spatial imagination which is important in geometry and technical design.

My left eye is more of a passive one, I mean I can recognize/notice movements, obstacles but to see them sharp and clear, I have

to see it with my right eye.

Edited by THERION
  • Thanks 1

Tonight is some of this. :drinks:

Something I did not know, but I found out this summer, is that Knob Creek is the same bourbon as Booker's Best. It's the lower grade version. You get Knob Creek ($45), and then you get the really good Single Barrel Knob Creek ($65), and the best of the Single Barrel Knob Creek is called Booker's Best ($110). Unfortunately both the Single Barrel and the Bookers are hard to find around here. 

Knob-Creek-Lifestyle_1200x1200.jpg?v=155

1 hour ago, Firdimigdi said:

ΜπιτόνιαΝταμιτζάνες

My own moonshine-analog.
Sorry, no fancy bottles, I just keep it in whatever containers are available at the time.

Ouh, mate, be careful with plastic (PET) bottles and cans - depending on the % of alcohol you might get some plastic drink in a short time.

My father in law - God bless him - used to distill his own spirits out of prunes or apricots he had in his garden. He lived in Bucharest (ROM)

and gifted me two bottles of his fine spirit, filled and camouflaged in two PET bottles of mineral water to avoid my wife having trouble at

the customs. He told her to transfer the spirit into glass bottles as soon as she arrives at home... and of course she forgot.

This spirit was undrinkable - it had a smell and taste of plastic, and both bottles weren't transparent anymore. Yuck! 

Pity, because his home distilled spirit was very good and tasty, although very strong. But it actually helped me to speak Romanian more

fluently and more relaxed. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Ya, I usually keep mine in glass or stainless steel - just thought the plastic one looked funnier as that's what you usually see in houses around here. It's sort of a running joke with people who operate stills. Especially when it's fresh and hot it should really not come in contact with plastics of any sort.

Edited by Firdimigdi
On 11/28/2020 at 2:54 AM, Danziger said:

No H.E.B. in Texas???

Not here. East Texas is a Brookshire's only monopoly along with their overtly costly spin on Whole Foods. Hell, the last Albertsons here closed a few years ago and Kroger followed soon after.

EDIT - I found Spaten at a Walmart Neighborhood Market of all places but not Leffe. I'll have to order it online.

Edited by DetCord12B