Game version 4.503 discussion: Bf 109 G-6 Late, 4K for Bf 110 G-2, Tank Crew improvements

Well. Besides lack of AS and ASM engine, wich i hope, and i'm sure it will be added on time just like 150 octane Spitfire IX and P-47D 150 Octane, plane is appreciated, specially in this COVID-19 pandemic scenario. Also the correction to the frontal bar is a good thing to, even if i didn't noticed the change, i guess i never cared to much about that or it never was bothering me 😅

Edited by UrsusArctos

Nice to get the 109G6 this quickly and the Bf110 is gorgeous in 4K!

I was looking at the different 109 weights on the specification sheets and am a bit confused. The empty 109G6Late with MW50 and Erla is in theory 132kg lighter than the 109G14, but for standard weight, loaded with fuel and ammo,..., is only 45kg lighter. I am guessing one of the weights for the 109G6Late is wrong on the specification sheet but I'd like to know which one is correct. Ingame the 100kg weight difference is quite noticealbe between some of the other 109 variants. Or maybe it's just Göring himself piloting the new G6 but I doubt he'd fit.

grafik.thumb.png.f8e891ee76297235f21a49929acec342.png

Edited by QB.Gregor-
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
9 hours ago, LukeFF said:

G-6: 1943 model

G-6 Late: early to mid-1944 model

G-14: summer 1944 model, which is / was an attempt at standardizing all the numerous variations of the G-6. Essentially, a G-14 is a refined, unified late-production G-6 Late model (as much as something in the last year of the war in Germany can be called unified and standardized, since you ended up with G-14s that had both the tall and short tail unit, etc.). 

Fun fact! The G-10 came after the G-14 was introduced. Isn't keeping track of late-war 109 models fun? 😄 

You forgot the K4 delivered before the G10 xD 😂

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Just turn off the radio. We gave you that option like a year ago.

Jason

Hi Jason, I had a look through the options and I couldn't find any options for Radio anywhere, where is it specifically?

Thanks

Anybody that only owns Battle of Normandy just got thier first Bf109 so that's one way to look at it.

Out of curiosity, is there anybody here that only owns Battle of Normandy or Battle of Bodenplatte that doesn't own the earlier expansions?

2020_11_17__23_56_29.thumb.jpg.678f4cb218ad30c4bbb00e121df0a2df.jpg

Edited by Motherbrain
21 hours ago, Elem said:

No way! When we get the Norway map we'll get the Bf 109T-2 with it.

And Battle of Murmansk with F-4 trop, that were sent to North instead of Africa.

2 minutes ago, vvuorela said:

And Battle of Murmansk with F-4 trop, that were sent to North instead of Africa.

Dust filter, larger oil cooler and bracket to hold a sun umbrella. A must have. A collector plane maybe?

• Haha 1

Well, I would like not only tropicalized versions of aircraft, but the entire North African and Italian battlefield in IL2: GB quality - and especially Italian beauties, from Fiat Cr.42, G.50, G55, through Mc.200, 202, 205, Reggiane Re.2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, to Savoiu Marchetti SM 79 and the Air Force of Vichy France. Well, I can dream, can't I?

... but the biggest dream remains the Battle of France 1940 ...

... and maybe sometime sometime in the distant future there will be IL2: Battle of the Night with night fighters Bf-109G4, He-219, Ju-88, Do-217, Beaufighter, Mosquito, etc. against Lancasters, Stirlings, Wellingtons ... Well - I was kidnapped, please forgive me for deviating from themes 🙂 and back to the last (great) update.

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7
17 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

Well, I would like not only tropicalized versions of aircraft, but the entire North African and Italian battlefield in IL2: GB quality - and especially Italian beauties, from Fiat Cr.42, G.50, G55, through Mc.200, 202, 205, Reggiane Re.2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, to Savoiu Marchetti SM 79 and the Air Force of Vichy France. Well, I can dream, can't I?

... but the biggest dream remains the Battle of France 1940 ...

... and maybe sometime sometime in the distant future there will be IL2: Battle of the Night with night fighters Bf-109G4, He-219, Ju-88, Do-217, Beaufighter, Mosquito, etc. against Lancasters, Stirlings, Wellingtons ... Well - I was kidnapped, please forgive me for deviating from themes 🙂 and back to the last (great) update.

Well that is all after Operation Barbarossa of course. I-15bis, I-153, Su-2, SB-2, TB-3, Ar-2, Yak-4. The GPW has not been done until the opening phase has been covered.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Motherbrain said:

Out of curiosity, is there anybody here that only owns Battle of Normandy or Battle of Bodenplatte that doesn't own the earlier expansions?

Well, I'm actively interested only in planes which fought over Pacific and maps which can pretend to be Pacific ;), so I've got Kuban, Bodenplatte, collector's P-40 and CloD Tobruk. 

Still on the fence about buying Normandy or not. Definitely won't purchase anything else available in the shop right now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Great work...... again! 

14. Oxygen mask breathing sound has been toned down a bit;

Thats a shame, i thought the devs had it about spot on.....

And it gave a good indication as to the pilots condition.

I'm curious, have they also adjusted when the G effects start to happen,

it just feels although you can throw the planes around a bit more before the onset?

Maybe its just me!!

Keep up the good work..

I've just experimented more stutter than before and a totally freezing after hitting the F3 key.

That was the first time. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to exit the game.Nothing was working anymore (TBH, hitting Esc resulted in the main options choice but when clicking on end the mission, nothing happened at all)

That was during the Havoc over Kuban campaign (SP)

The effect of fatigue also affects the AI. The problem is, the AI often spawns mid air out if nowhere so most of the time, the AI will get into a fight completely fresh while you will already be a bit tired or battle worn. That means that in most cases the fatigue will be an issue much faster for the player than the AI. Its especially an issue in my Spit IX career, I find myself close to death by fatigue mighty fast but the 190s and the 109s continue to pull incredible maneuvers non stop. 

When the AI spawns, the fatigue variable should not always be a default 0.

But the game has improved lately, good work. A lot of work remains to be done for AI and careers but steps in the proper direction were made lately.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

The effect of fatigue also affects the AI. The problem is, the AI often spawns mid air out if nowhere so most of the time, the AI will get into a fight completely fresh while you will already be a bit tired or battle worn. That means that in most cases the fatigue will be an issue much faster for the player than the AI. Its especially an issue in my Spit IX career, I find myself close to death by fatigue mighty fast but the 190s and the 109s continue to pull incredible maneuvers non stop. 

But the game has improved lately, good work. A lot of work remains to be done for AI and careers but steps in the proper direction were made lately.

But in a Spit 9 career, you are the attacker and they are the defender so that AI likely just took off to intercept your flight. . . they actually are fresh whereas you have flown half way across France and are maybe entering your 2nd or 3rd fir-ball.....sound historically accurate to me.

1 hour ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

Not only that, but also AI when fighting with enemy AI, never flies hard turns, but almost straight, while you, when fighting with AI have to turn to get a shot. So you always have the disadvantage, even if AI is already in the fight for some minutes.

• Upvote 1
On 11/17/2020 at 1:44 PM, AKA_Baylor6 said:

Some of us probably remember the "Two Weeks" moving target pioneered by Oleg Maddox many,  many years ago.  

Amazing that this game series is still around and vibrant.

That is not where the "two weeks" joke comes from.  Heck, it is one of the main jokes in the movie "Money Pit"

22 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

That is not where the "two weeks" joke comes from.

Back when Oleg still posted on IL-2 forums he once said in a post asking about the release date of an upcoming patch,  "...it will be here in two weeks, be sure..."  It took longer and so became an IL-2 colloquialism.  Most likely "The Money Pit" was where he picked up the phrase.

Edited by Beebop
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, 40plus said:

But in a Spit 9 career, you are the attacker and they are the defender so that AI likely just took off to intercept your flight. . . they actually are fresh whereas you have flown half way across France and are maybe entering your 2nd or 3rd fir-ball.....sound historically accurate to me.

You have obviously not tried the Bodenplatte Spit career before posting haha. 98% of missions are GROUND TROOPS COVERS. You actually patrol near your airfield. After some time, tons of 190A8s pop out from nowhere all around the patrol zone. After you engaged the first wave of 4/6 190s, more come. You have already spent half of your ammo and are already tired but the 190s that would have flown for a while are always full of ammo and fresh. It would be cool if the game would spawn AI planes that look like something actually happened to them on their way. One guy is damaged, they dont have full ammo loads, and some should be fatigued faster. 

Edited by I./JG52_Woutwocampe
19 hours ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

Definitely agree with the 109 and 190 pilots pulling incredible maneuvers non stop.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, [Pb]RedeyeStorm said:

@dburne, In my BOM campaign fighting against F2's and F4's I have no such issues. When I fly my Mig3 I regulairy see 109's let up in hard manouvres. I can not know for sure off course but is does happen after some serious manvoures and do represent what I do myself when fatigue strikes me. I ease up on a turn.

Yes, that is something I lately also observed, flying on the other side. While I sometimes have the feeling, I can turn again forever (until I do it too much:biggrin:), the AI lately sometimes seems to have lost interest in turning. So maybe they get issues with fatigue then.

Can't say I understand the reason why people complain about the G-6 and G-6 Late. There's such a plethora of 109 variants, especially in the latter years of the war, that there's bound to be some overlap in the various modifications. I do own the Collector's Plane G-6 and I do not feel bad for buying it.

Aside from the obvious answer that this a business, the devs did the right decision by adding the G-4 to BoK as it was the modification that was prevalent on the Eastern Front at the time (March - June 1943). The standalone CP G-6 adds to the Summer and Autumn stages of BoK, and to any potential custom missions, campaigns or multiplayer over the Kuban and Prokhorovka maps. As it's standalone it is not required to own, however people buying a standalone BoN get a full set of flyable planes for either side.

The CP G-6 represents the standard Bf-109G6 in production throughout 1943. What I would propose, given that the G-6 Late in BoN is using the tall tail, can we get the option to have the Erla canopy on the G-6 to represent the combination of Erla and the short tail for 1944 production batches?

• Upvote 6

I have no issue with the G-6 and G-6 Late. They are going to be historically relevant at different times. The G-6 can be used for Kuban battles where the G-6 Late is not appropriate to be using just yet. Meanwhile the G-6 Late fits Normandy timeline perfectly and blends in to the Bodenplatte campaign after that.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 5:20 AM, JG51_Beazil said:

So sorry if this has been done before, but I'm still kinda hazy on the how the g6 late fits into our chronology for 109's.

Is it G6 - G14 - G6 Late?  Or something different?

(Really enjoying the G6 Late anyway, it's a blast!)

G-6 late is basically the hipster 109, a G-14 before it was cool. 🥶

• Upvote 1
  • Han unpinned this topic