When will TC be released?

I have most of the IL-2 flight sim titles (WW2) and enjoy them, and have played the TC demo in IL-2 and really enjoyed it. I have been checking on and waiting for TC to be released for years. I've never seen a game be in Early Access for so long. I'm sure it's been nearly 3 years now. I've been waiting to buy the game in full release as I've never been a fan of buying games in Early Access. Anyone have a good feel when this title will finally be released? And please provide answers better than "soon". I've heard "should be soon" since 2018. Thanks

I don't have anything more specific than "soon".

However, the official release has little practical significance for players as Tank Crew is basically feature-complete. Availability on Steam is probably the most notable exception.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Nobody knows.

For my part, I bet on December :

-Vehicles are all present in the game.

-The 2 campaigns have been translated into 3 languages (Simplified Chinese, German and French).

-Jason asked the community for skins to add to the game.

For me, these different elements remind me of an upcoming release.

In principle, in December an AA vehicle (collector) will be released. Even if it isn't confined to Tank Crew, I think it will be released at the same time.

Of course, this is only a hypothesis.

From the Skins and Templates section :

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Ok we're releasing TC as Official this Friday the 20th. Sadly, I haven't had time to evaluate all these skins yet, but I will do so after the launch madness subsides and I can look at each one closer.

Thank you to all who made these and submitted them. I promise I will look more closely soon. First priority was get the core game ready. Many of these are really cool looking. 

Jason

• Haha 1

It really doesn't matter. When eventually officially released, I strongly suspect, there will be bitching, moaning and complaining about it, regardless of its' content or capabilities.  :salute:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Do we know if this full release will include any updates? My squad are about to run our first plane/tank combined event on Sunday in a "Capture The Flag" scenario I have put together and was wondering if there are any "tweaks" I may need to make to the mission file?

TC is gaining popularity in our squad through events like this.

many thanks for a nice add in to the Box series.

Salute

Friar

On 11/17/2020 at 9:54 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Ok we're releasing TC as Official this Friday the 20th. Sadly, I haven't had time to evaluate all these skins yet, but I will do so after the launch madness subsides and I can look at each one closer.

Thank you to all who made these and submitted them. I promise I will look more closely soon. First priority was get the core game ready. Many of these are really cool looking. 

Jason

This should answer your question.

• 1CGS
26 minutes ago, istari6 said:

So 4.503 was the final code update for TC Official?

No of course not, but we have reached our initial development goals for a TC release so we can now put it on Steam etc. As you know our work on the engine is never done and we are working on an infantry objects and I'll be making more mission content and probably adding more official skins (see my other post) and I'm sure there will be bug fixes etc. just as always. Official Release means we've reached a certain milestone, but is not normally the end of the story. For any big future updates or a TC2 etc. we need to expand the user base and see if it's viable beyond this website community and if our partner wants to commit to it. Remember, there is a whole other company involved on this one.  

Jason

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

For any big future updates or a TC2 etc.

TC2 🤩

*cough* Stug III ("A" the most beautiful) *cough* Puma (Sdkfz 234/2 )*cough*

😁

Edited by No_Face

Yes spread the word around and try to get those warthunder and tank interested people who wish they could play the tanks as in history but as in warthunder gets killed by post war tanks, no more :P But the problem will be to convince them to pay for a game as they are most likely prefer it to be free to play. Get them in and the chance for more Tank crew and maybe tank crew 2 or collector tanks etc will rise 😄

Good luck with that. Did y'all see the price + mandatory flight sim purchase? :P That's almost Steel Beasts Pro level of financial investment 😄

EDIT : ....if you earn your living in other currency then USD or EUR then GL.

Edited by Goosevich
33 minutes ago, Goosevich said:

Good luck with that. Did y'all see the price + mandatory flight sim purchase? :P That's almost Steel Beasts Pro level of financial investment 😄

EDIT : ....if you earn your living in other currency then USD or EUR then GL.

Only on Steam. On the IL-2 store you can buy Tank Crew on its own.

I only own TC for tanks, but have seen quite some YouTube videos of the War Thunder tanks. Although the WT vehicles look nice it still seems true arcade to me. Nothing wrong with that, but the way it looks like in those videos the war thunder gameplay looks quite the same wether you are flying or driving... You point you shoot. TC feels like a complete game, War Thunder looks like... chaos??? , a mix of every possible scenario and war machine. I know of nothing that compares to TC and GB, integrated in a sim-like environment. I think I will try War Thunder one day, but just to make sure my (negative) assumptions are valid.

I hope for TC2... would be another day-1 purchase for me! 

4 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

No of course not, but we have reached our initial development goals for a TC release so we can now put it on Steam etc. As you know our work on the engine is never done and we are working on an infantry objects and I'll be making more mission content and probably adding more official skins (see my other post) and I'm sure there will be bug fixes etc. just as always. Official Release means we've reached a certain milestone, but is not normally the end of the story. For any big future updates or a TC2 etc. we need to expand the user base and see if it's viable beyond this website community and if our partner wants to commit to it. Remember, there is a whole other company involved on this one. 

Thanks Jason.  Particularly with the most recent patches, Tank Crew has matured nicely.  I love that the AI is now using ranging shots for long-distance gunnery, and the slower spotting for vehicles outside the forward axis.  Understand that developing it further requires a certain user base, and hopefully Steam will help bring in new users who can help fund a TC Vol 2!

17 часов назад, No_Face сказал:

TC2 🤩

*cough* Stug III ("A" the most beautiful)

Скрытый текст

In 1941-1942, in battles with the Wehrmacht, the Red Army captured dozens of German tanks and assault guns.  Often captured vehicles were sent back to the front after repairs.  

The unique footage of frontline newsreels captures captured German Pz.III tanks and StuG III assault guns.  Western Front (Our Western Front was called the contact between our troops and the troops of the Third Reich), March 1942

17 часов назад, No_Face сказал:

*cough* Puma (Sdkfz 234/2 )*cough*

😁

Noooooooo.  let's first make TC2 about the Eastern Front in the summer of 1941.  There are so many unique pieces of equipment.  From T-26 and Pz-II, to monsters Stug III (early), KV-1 and T-35.

Edited by =5GIAP=Eeafanas
  • Upvote 2
On 11/19/2020 at 2:35 PM, Thad said:

When eventually officially released, I strongly suspect, there will be bitching, moaning and complaining about it, regardless of its' content or capabilities.  

Yes, because game is not working properly and it is crashing. Just yesterday I reported few bugs. TC is still broken.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1