Jump to content

Have any of the ReverbG2 pre-order buyers received their headsets yet?


Recommended Posts

I received mine Saturday (11/14) - California. Shipped Thursday (11/12). I ordered 5/29. 

 

It's worth the wait lads. For simmers it's a dream. The image quality is so so so good. It's light and comfortable. The audio quality is equivalent to the index - aka amazing.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Floppy_Sock
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Get mine tomorrow!

8 minutes ago, Floppy_Sock said:

I received mine Saturday (11/14) - California. Shipped Thursday (11/12). I ordered 5/29. 

 

It's worth the wait lads. For simmers it's a dream. The image quality is so so so good. It's light and comfortable. The audio quality is equivalent to the index - aka amazing.

 

 

 

 

Is it plug and play? I have O+ now, WMR....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Get mine tomorrow!

Is it plug and play? I have O+ now, WMR....

 

Pretty much. I came from the index. 

 

Obviously setting needed some tweaking - for some reason the default rez on steamvr is 3100x3100. Fired up il2 and saw my GPU absolutely in tears (2080ti). 

 

Dialed that back until it was happy again at 90hz and off I went with my jaw on the floor.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Floppy_Sock said:

 

Pretty much. I came from the index. 

 

Obviously setting needed some tweaking - for some reason the default rez on steamvr is 3100x3100. Fired up il2 and saw my GPU absolutely in tears (2080ti). 

 

Dialed that back until it was happy again at 90hz and off I went with my jaw on the floor.

 

What ingame graphic settings do you use with the 2080ti?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 41Sqn_Skipper said:

 

What ingame graphic settings do you use with the 2080ti?


[KEY = graphics]
    3dhud = 0
    adapter = 0
    bloom_enable = 0
    canopy_ref = 0
    desktop_center = 1
    detail_rt_res = 1024
    draw_distance = 0.54500
    far_blocks = 0
    fps_counter = 0
    fps_limit = 0
    full_height = 1080
    full_width = 1920
    fullscreen = 1
    gamma = 0.80000
    grass_distance = 0.00000
    hdr_enable = 0
    land_anisotropy = 2
    land_tex_lods = 1
    max_cache_res = 1
    max_clouds_quality = 1
    mgpu_compatible = 0
    mirrors = 2
    msaa = 1
    multisampling = 0
    or_ca = 0.00431
    or_dummy = 0
    or_enable = 1
    or_height = 2144
    or_hud_rad = 1.50000
    or_hud_size = 0.75000
    or_ipd = 0.06799
    or_sipdc = -0.00000
    or_width = 2196
    post_sharpen = 1
    preset = 1
    prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr = 155
    rescale_target = 1.00000
    shadows_quality = 2
    ssao_enable = 0
    stereo_dof = 5.00000
    vsync = 0
    win_height = 1080
    win_width = 1920
[END]

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Floppy did you read that maybe it's better to tinker the foam a bit? people are  having more FOV with it a bit down, check on

 

 

 

 

To be honest, I just kinda found the sweet spot before putting the strap over my head and then just cranked down the velcro straps once I found it and it seemed really good. Definitely a bit reduced coming from the index but not detrimental by any means. That of course means I have it cranked down to my face quite tightly but because the unit is so light, it actually didn't really bother me much. Especially compared to the index, which also had improved clarity by being really close to the lenses. However the weight of the thing on your face made it pretty uncomfortable for longer sessions. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I too find it to be vastly more comfortable than my previous set, Samsung Odyssey. And obviously higher res, which helps with reading instruments and spotting. However I'm kind of disappointed in the relative small size of the sweet spot - it seems if I look a little to the left or right, or up or down, with just my eyes, it gets fuzzy quick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Floppy_Sock said:

 

To be honest, I just kinda found the sweet spot before putting the strap over my head and then just cranked down the velcro straps once I found it and it seemed really good. Definitely a bit reduced coming from the index but not detrimental by any means. That of course means I have it cranked down to my face quite tightly but because the unit is so light, it actually didn't really bother me much. Especially compared to the index, which also had improved clarity by being really close to the lenses. However the weight of the thing on your face made it pretty uncomfortable for longer sessions. 

 

 

 

Yeah I do the same , I have mine fairly tight and find it very comfortable at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 5:00 PM, RAAF492SQNOz_Steve said:

 

My original delivery date was mid November but has progressively blown out to late January 2021 for Australian delivery so No you are not alone :(

I had ordered on the first day/ couple of hours that pre-orders were available, in Australia (there was an accidental listing prior to that at an inflated price).

Looks like I told an un-intentional whopper (I am sure I am not related to Donald) about a Jan 21 delivery.

 

Got my shipping advice today much to my, pleasant, surprise.  

 

The supplier must have received extra stock :) 

 

Whoo Hoo!

 

P.S. Thanks to Floppy_Sock for posting 2080ti settings

Edited by RAAF492SQNOz_Steve
Added thanks, 2080ti settings
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

However I'm kind of disappointed in the relative small size of the sweet spot - it seems if I look a little to the left or right, or up or down, with just my eyes, it gets fuzzy quick.

That´s weird.  This was the main problem of the REverb G1, but the G2 with Valve tech for the lenses should have corrected the problem. You should have a big sweet spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

That´s weird.  This was the main problem of the REverb G1, but the G2 with Valve tech for the lenses should have corrected the problem. You should have a big sweet spot.

That's what I was expecting too. Maybe I just need to find my perfect IPD, and/or the fit. I'm extremely pleased with the comfort of the set compared to the Samsung, and obviously in the sweet spot it is much clearer with no SDE.

 

But also I put contacts in when I use the set. I intend to buy prescription lenses for the G2 as soon as they become available. I wonder if that will help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I pre-ordered (with payment) my G2 around July 9th (I’m in New Zealand). I have been getting weekly updates as to eta since ordering, and as mid October approached, the eta suddenly changed to 19th December (missing November completely). As each week passed, another 7 days was added to my eta advice each week. When it got to mid January I became very dissatisfied and rang the supplier. I was told that they were due to receive the G2 s just a few days before the updated eta. There was nothing they could do! I looked online and ordered (about 2 weeks ago) a G2 from another company online that were still quoting a November delivery. It looked like I would receive a G2 from an October order while my July  preorder was still going to be January 2021. New Zealand obviously received a shipment within the last few days, as yesterday I was suddenly advised that my (July pre-order) G2 was on its way to me. Tracking shows I will get it tomorrow (I have to wait an extra day as I redirected it to my workplace). I had to then quickly cancel my October order to avoid having two G2s turn up around the same time. Anybody in New Zealand wanting a G2 may well be able to order one now from Mighty Ape and have it within a few days. As to all the weekly emails giving me rubbish etas, this misinformation was obviously far from helpful. But anyway, I’m very much looking forward to having my new toy to play with over the weekend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Bestware sent me mail yesterday stating Europe won't get first batch for two more weeks 😬.

I've placed order on October 12th and i'm looking forward to recive my G3 heh

 

Hey that is not so bad, ordered mine on July 8th and just received on Friday Nov. 13th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 2:16 PM, SCG_motoadve said:

Pre ordered July 10th, wrote today to ask my status and got a nasty surprise.

I never got an e mail telling me they cancelled my order :(

 

Unfortunately this order has been cancelled.

 

This could have been caused by Billing, Shipping, or Card information being incorrect.

 

Im deeply sorry for the inconvenience but you will have to re-order the product.

 

Jack Samec

E-commerce Sales Support Representative

Jack.Samec@connection.com

Phone: 800.800.0014 x33264 

www.connection.com

0?ui=2&ik=b687ba85ed&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1683183279931412430&th=175bde4674304fce&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-zDwIZD7Fh2b9BaI285W0404cAsjTm5VJe7pBRqfxDCR-rCEZwlcpwBqkDsSfgWKhQ1s7plOLecZx-7eIQbhdpRBrgma-NHN1y6vm9i2fiIFt0fKAURHC24qM&disp=emb 

LINKEDIN  l  TWITTER  l  FACEBOOK  l  INSTAGRAM  l  YOUTUBE  l  BLOG

cleardot.gif
That's got to be infuriating!

 

I got mine today, November 19th.  None of the things associated with my order that I was told would happen (such as being notified it had shipped) did happen but I did get mine.  I'm very new to this so I haven't got far, like getting the Microsoft flight Simulator that's supposed to go with it.  I've also only got as far with IL2 as having the image from my monitor show in the headset. There's no interaction though.  Right after posting this I'm going to see if I can find anything here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dburne said:

 

Hey that is not so bad, ordered mine on July 8th and just received on Friday Nov. 13th.

Would be cool if delivery guy name was Jason ;)

Seems UK will get preorders up to October 25 fulfilled by December 10.

Netherland retailer also got shipment but Bestware (HP partner) still nothing, not even first batch shippement notice.

But it's ok, my patience is strong till X-mass or until i manage to get msi/evga/asus rtx3080 which is currently my main priority.

Last night placed order on 10700k and msi meg unify so i have a lot to be looking forward to.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Would be cool if delivery guy name was Jason ;)

Seems UK will get preorders up to October 25 fulfilled by December 10.

Netherland retailer also got shipment but Bestware (HP partner) still nothing, not even first batch shippement notice.

But it's ok, my patience is strong till X-mass or until i manage to get msi/evga/asus rtx3080 which is currently my main priority.

Last night placed order on 10700k and msi meg unify so i have a lot to be looking forward to.

 

 

Are you in the que to purchase on EVGA site?

That is what worked for me with my 3090.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Yes i am, since October 8th!

They had issues with EU supply too so in a week or two que will start moving again (or for the first time)!

 

Good luck - EVGA cards are well worth the wait if you can stand it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine last week on Wednesday.  Upgrading from the Odyssey.  Once I got it working, it was amazing.  Running an Asus Crosshair VIII with a 3900X, and ran into the same issue many have with 570X boards in general, and Asus in particular - NONE of the USB3 ports would work.  Not the C port, nor any of the A ports.  Only the front case ports (ribbon cable to MB headers) would partially work, and without sound.  HP is working with Asus on the issue.

 

Fortunately running a 2080 Ti (my search for a 3080 has so far been fruitless) and I realized it has a USB3 C port, and that worked perfectly.  

 

Finally fired up IL2 today and the Game looked *amazing* on first launch, though the FoV seems noticeably narrower than the Odyssey.  Quickly realized my 2080 Ti was getting killed so I'm about to go tweaking.  Looks like the default sampling is too high?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Capt_Hook said:

Got mine last week on Wednesday.  Upgrading from the Odyssey.  Once I got it working, it was amazing.  Running an Asus Crosshair VIII with a 3900X, and ran into the same issue many have with 570X boards in general, and Asus in particular - NONE of the USB3 ports would work.  Not the C port, nor any of the A ports.  Only the front case ports (ribbon cable to MB headers) would partially work, and without sound.  HP is working with Asus on the issue.

 

Fortunately running a 2080 Ti (my search for a 3080 has so far been fruitless) and I realized it has a USB3 C port, and that worked perfectly.  

 

Finally fired up IL2 today and the Game looked *amazing* on first launch, though the FoV seems noticeably narrower than the Odyssey.  Quickly realized my 2080 Ti was getting killed so I'm about to go tweaking.  Looks like the default sampling is too high?  

 

There is a bug in Steam VR with Reverb G2 default sampling, it is way too high.

Need to lower it to 50% in the global settings. Hopefully Steam will get that fixed soon.

The per application setting is correct at 100%.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dburne said:

 

There is a bug in Steam VR with Reverb G2 default sampling, it is way too high.

Need to lower it to 50% in the global settings. Hopefully Steam will get that fixed soon.

The per application setting is correct at 100%.

Thanks!!  That was it.  LOL... my default global sampling was at 150%!  With the Odyssey I guess that wasn't much of a problem, as the only time I ever dropped below 90 was on Combat Box over a city with a lot of aircraft.

 

Dropped it down to 70 first, and just smooth as silk.  And so incredibly beautiful.  I love watching the wings peel gracefully off a Camel.  FOV is a bit tight, but I notice there's already suggested mods to ditch the provided insert and make your own to get the eyes closer to the lenses.  Not going that far, but I'll keep an eye out for after-market inserts for those without glasses to move the lenses closer.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

last info from Bestware. I ordered on 7th-July.

 

With the first two deliveries that we’ll receive on December 4th, we will be able to supply the first 30% of our pre-orders - which includes pre-orders until July 15th at 10:00 PM. Pre-orderers up to this point can expect delivery of the HP Reverb G2 starting from December 7th .
With the third delivery, which is expected to arrive on December 8th, we can serve the pre-orders up to and including 30.07. at 12:00 noon. This corresponds to 25% of our total volume. Pre-orderers from this period (July 15th, 10:01 PM to July 30th, 12:00 noon) can expect their HP Reverb G2 starting from December 10th.
With the fourth delivery, which we are currently expecting on December 14th and will comprise 12% of our order volume, pre-orders of the period 30th July 12:01 PM until July 31st 5:40 PM can be served and should expect a delivery from December 16th onwards.
Pre-orders after this point in time should note that two thirds of our order volume only come from July and pre-orders of whole August and September can be delivered directly afterwards with our fifth delivery from HP and most likely within calendar weeks 52 and 53. Due to the Christmas holidays, there may be logistical delays in delivery by the shipping courier, which is why we will contact you again separately soon.
Pre-orders from October and November should currently be able to expect delivery in the first weeks of January. We’ll get in touch with you again as soon as we have more precise information.
Please also note that if your delivery address is outside of Germany you should expect 2-7 days shipping time to your doorstep - depending on the country you live in. As soon as the goods leave our warehouse, you will receive a shipment note including a tracking code from us to track the progress of your delivery with DHL or UPS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys received this email from system active uk , fingers crossed i will have my G2 on Tuesday 😀😁

Hi John,

Finally the HP Reverb G2 headsets are arriving at distribution today and tomorrow. To save time we are shipping next day delivery directly from Distribution on Monday so you will receive your orders Tuesday 1st December.

A text message with tracking number will be sent late Monday early Tuesday.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...