Blitzen

Have any of the ReverbG2 pre-order buyers received their headsets yet?

I received mine Saturday (11/14) - California. Shipped Thursday (11/12). I ordered 5/29. 

It's worth the wait lads. For simmers it's a dream. The image quality is so so so good. It's light and comfortable. The audio quality is equivalent to the index - aka amazing.

Edited by Floppy_Sock
  • Like 2

Get mine tomorrow!

8 minutes ago, Floppy_Sock said:

I received mine Saturday (11/14) - California. Shipped Thursday (11/12). I ordered 5/29. 

It's worth the wait lads. For simmers it's a dream. The image quality is so so so good. It's light and comfortable. The audio quality is equivalent to the index - aka amazing.

Is it plug and play? I have O+ now, WMR....

4 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Get mine tomorrow!

Is it plug and play? I have O+ now, WMR....

Pretty much. I came from the index. 

Obviously setting needed some tweaking - for some reason the default rez on steamvr is 3100x3100. Fired up il2 and saw my GPU absolutely in tears (2080ti). 

Dialed that back until it was happy again at 90hz and off I went with my jaw on the floor.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Floppy_Sock said:

Pretty much. I came from the index. 

Obviously setting needed some tweaking - for some reason the default rez on steamvr is 3100x3100. Fired up il2 and saw my GPU absolutely in tears (2080ti). 

Dialed that back until it was happy again at 90hz and off I went with my jaw on the floor.

What ingame graphic settings do you use with the 2080ti?

41 minutes ago, 41Sqn_Skipper said:

What ingame graphic settings do you use with the 2080ti?

[KEY = graphics]
    3dhud = 0
    adapter = 0
    bloom_enable = 0
    canopy_ref = 0
    desktop_center = 1
    detail_rt_res = 1024
    draw_distance = 0.54500
    far_blocks = 0
    fps_counter = 0
    fps_limit = 0
    full_height = 1080
    full_width = 1920
    fullscreen = 1
    gamma = 0.80000
    grass_distance = 0.00000
    hdr_enable = 0
    land_anisotropy = 2
    land_tex_lods = 1
    max_cache_res = 1
    max_clouds_quality = 1
    mgpu_compatible = 0
    mirrors = 2
    msaa = 1
    multisampling = 0
    or_ca = 0.00431
    or_dummy = 0
    or_enable = 1
    or_height = 2144
    or_hud_rad = 1.50000
    or_hud_size = 0.75000
    or_ipd = 0.06799
    or_sipdc = -0.00000
    or_width = 2196
    post_sharpen = 1
    preset = 1
    prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr = 155
    rescale_target = 1.00000
    shadows_quality = 2
    ssao_enable = 0
    stereo_dof = 5.00000
    vsync = 0
    win_height = 1080
    win_width = 1920
[END]

• Thanks 2

Floppy did you read that maybe it's better to tinker the foam a bit? people are  having more FOV with it a bit down, check on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Floppy did you read that maybe it's better to tinker the foam a bit? people are  having more FOV with it a bit down, check on

To be honest, I just kinda found the sweet spot before putting the strap over my head and then just cranked down the velcro straps once I found it and it seemed really good. Definitely a bit reduced coming from the index but not detrimental by any means. That of course means I have it cranked down to my face quite tightly but because the unit is so light, it actually didn't really bother me much. Especially compared to the index, which also had improved clarity by being really close to the lenses. However the weight of the thing on your face made it pretty uncomfortable for longer sessions. 

I too find it to be vastly more comfortable than my previous set, Samsung Odyssey. And obviously higher res, which helps with reading instruments and spotting. However I'm kind of disappointed in the relative small size of the sweet spot - it seems if I look a little to the left or right, or up or down, with just my eyes, it gets fuzzy quick.

44 minutes ago, Floppy_Sock said:

To be honest, I just kinda found the sweet spot before putting the strap over my head and then just cranked down the velcro straps once I found it and it seemed really good. Definitely a bit reduced coming from the index but not detrimental by any means. That of course means I have it cranked down to my face quite tightly but because the unit is so light, it actually didn't really bother me much. Especially compared to the index, which also had improved clarity by being really close to the lenses. However the weight of the thing on your face made it pretty uncomfortable for longer sessions. 

Yeah I do the same , I have mine fairly tight and find it very comfortable at the same time.

On 11/13/2020 at 5:00 PM, RAAF492SQNOz_Steve said:

My original delivery date was mid November but has progressively blown out to late January 2021 for Australian delivery so No you are not alone :(

I had ordered on the first day/ couple of hours that pre-orders were available, in Australia (there was an accidental listing prior to that at an inflated price).

Looks like I told an un-intentional whopper (I am sure I am not related to Donald) about a Jan 21 delivery.

Got my shipping advice today much to my, pleasant, surprise.  

The supplier must have received extra stock :) 

Whoo Hoo!

P.S. Thanks to Floppy_Sock for posting 2080ti settings

Edited by RAAF492SQNOz_Steve
Added thanks, 2080ti settings
  • Like 1

Mid nov - XMas = Australia

Gives me time to find a NV 3080

10 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

However I'm kind of disappointed in the relative small size of the sweet spot - it seems if I look a little to the left or right, or up or down, with just my eyes, it gets fuzzy quick.

That´s weird.  This was the main problem of the REverb G1, but the G2 with Valve tech for the lenses should have corrected the problem. You should have a big sweet spot.

7 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

That´s weird.  This was the main problem of the REverb G1, but the G2 with Valve tech for the lenses should have corrected the problem. You should have a big sweet spot.

That's what I was expecting too. Maybe I just need to find my perfect IPD, and/or the fit. I'm extremely pleased with the comfort of the set compared to the Samsung, and obviously in the sweet spot it is much clearer with no SDE.

But also I put contacts in when I use the set. I intend to buy prescription lenses for the G2 as soon as they become available. I wonder if that will help.

1 hour ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

EU

Unfortunately bestware just confirmed another delay of at least 2 weeks.

• Thanks 1

It appears HP doesn't find Europe on the map. It's the one with the boot on the bottom.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

just went from "open" straight to UPS tracking notification.. yeah!

ordered 7.27

Edited by SCG_Tzigy
  • Like 1

People on the internet are fast. Had a good one over this.

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bernard_IV said:

Ordered 7/30.  It appears that mine was shipped yesterday and will arrive Friday.

:good:

Friday's are good days for new toys!

I pre-ordered (with payment) my G2 around July 9th (I’m in New Zealand). I have been getting weekly updates as to eta since ordering, and as mid October approached, the eta suddenly changed to 19th December (missing November completely). As each week passed, another 7 days was added to my eta advice each week. When it got to mid January I became very dissatisfied and rang the supplier. I was told that they were due to receive the G2 s just a few days before the updated eta. There was nothing they could do! I looked online and ordered (about 2 weeks ago) a G2 from another company online that were still quoting a November delivery. It looked like I would receive a G2 from an October order while my July  preorder was still going to be January 2021. New Zealand obviously received a shipment within the last few days, as yesterday I was suddenly advised that my (July pre-order) G2 was on its way to me. Tracking shows I will get it tomorrow (I have to wait an extra day as I redirected it to my workplace). I had to then quickly cancel my October order to avoid having two G2s turn up around the same time. Anybody in New Zealand wanting a G2 may well be able to order one now from Mighty Ape and have it within a few days. As to all the weekly emails giving me rubbish etas, this misinformation was obviously far from helpful. But anyway, I’m very much looking forward to having my new toy to play with over the weekend!

I know, maybe because HP can manage to supply Australia and New Zealand with a relatively small number of head sets to meet pre-order demand. In this part of the world we have never been able to buy the Valve Index at all so thank you HP for not neglecting us down here!

• Like 2

Yeah I've heard of that. I'm glad for you guys down-under that this staff has been broken and you can finally enjoy proper headsets!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Ordered July 4th, still nothing new for Europeans.

Bestware sent me mail yesterday stating Europe won't get first batch for two more weeks 😬.

I've placed order on October 12th and i'm looking forward to recive my G3 heh

47 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Bestware sent me mail yesterday stating Europe won't get first batch for two more weeks 😬.

I've placed order on October 12th and i'm looking forward to recive my G3 heh

Hey that is not so bad, ordered mine on July 8th and just received on Friday Nov. 13th.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:16 PM, SCG_motoadve said:

Pre ordered July 10th, wrote today to ask my status and got a nasty surprise.

I never got an e mail telling me they cancelled my order :(

Unfortunately this order has been cancelled.

This could have been caused by Billing, Shipping, or Card information being incorrect.

Im deeply sorry for the inconvenience but you will have to re-order the product.

Jack Samec

E-commerce Sales Support Representative

Jack.Samec@connection.com

Phone: 800.800.0014 x33264 

www.connection.com

0?ui=2&ik=b687ba85ed&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1683183279931412430&th=175bde4674304fce&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-zDwIZD7Fh2b9BaI285W0404cAsjTm5VJe7pBRqfxDCR-rCEZwlcpwBqkDsSfgWKhQ1s7plOLecZx-7eIQbhdpRBrgma-NHN1y6vm9i2fiIFt0fKAURHC24qM&disp=emb 

LINKEDIN  l  TWITTER  l  FACEBOOK  l  INSTAGRAM  l  YOUTUBE  l  BLOG

cleardot.gif
That's got to be infuriating!

I got mine today, November 19th.  None of the things associated with my order that I was told would happen (such as being notified it had shipped) did happen but I did get mine.  I'm very new to this so I haven't got far, like getting the Microsoft flight Simulator that's supposed to go with it.  I've also only got as far with IL2 as having the image from my monitor show in the headset. There's no interaction though.  Right after posting this I'm going to see if I can find anything here.

13 hours ago, dburne said:

Hey that is not so bad, ordered mine on July 8th and just received on Friday Nov. 13th.

Would be cool if delivery guy name was Jason ;)

Seems UK will get preorders up to October 25 fulfilled by December 10.

Netherland retailer also got shipment but Bestware (HP partner) still nothing, not even first batch shippement notice.

But it's ok, my patience is strong till X-mass or until i manage to get msi/evga/asus rtx3080 which is currently my main priority.

Last night placed order on 10700k and msi meg unify so i have a lot to be looking forward to.

3 hours ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Would be cool if delivery guy name was Jason ;)

Seems UK will get preorders up to October 25 fulfilled by December 10.

Netherland retailer also got shipment but Bestware (HP partner) still nothing, not even first batch shippement notice.

But it's ok, my patience is strong till X-mass or until i manage to get msi/evga/asus rtx3080 which is currently my main priority.

Last night placed order on 10700k and msi meg unify so i have a lot to be looking forward to.

Are you in the que to purchase on EVGA site?

That is what worked for me with my 3090.

3 hours ago, dburne said:

Are you in the que to purchase on EVGA site?

That is what worked for me with my 3090.

Yes i am, since October 8th!

They had issues with EU supply too so in a week or two que will start moving again (or for the first time)!

1 hour ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Yes i am, since October 8th!

They had issues with EU supply too so in a week or two que will start moving again (or for the first time)!

Good luck - EVGA cards are well worth the wait if you can stand it.

• Thanks 1

People should stop getting their knickers into a bind over a two-week delay of a gaming device. Go out, smell nature and think of what's otherwise going on in the world.

Got mine last week on Wednesday.  Upgrading from the Odyssey.  Once I got it working, it was amazing.  Running an Asus Crosshair VIII with a 3900X, and ran into the same issue many have with 570X boards in general, and Asus in particular - NONE of the USB3 ports would work.  Not the C port, nor any of the A ports.  Only the front case ports (ribbon cable to MB headers) would partially work, and without sound.  HP is working with Asus on the issue.

Fortunately running a 2080 Ti (my search for a 3080 has so far been fruitless) and I realized it has a USB3 C port, and that worked perfectly.  

Finally fired up IL2 today and the Game looked *amazing* on first launch, though the FoV seems noticeably narrower than the Odyssey.  Quickly realized my 2080 Ti was getting killed so I'm about to go tweaking.  Looks like the default sampling is too high?  

12 minutes ago, Capt_Hook said:

Got mine last week on Wednesday.  Upgrading from the Odyssey.  Once I got it working, it was amazing.  Running an Asus Crosshair VIII with a 3900X, and ran into the same issue many have with 570X boards in general, and Asus in particular - NONE of the USB3 ports would work.  Not the C port, nor any of the A ports.  Only the front case ports (ribbon cable to MB headers) would partially work, and without sound.  HP is working with Asus on the issue.

Fortunately running a 2080 Ti (my search for a 3080 has so far been fruitless) and I realized it has a USB3 C port, and that worked perfectly.  

Finally fired up IL2 today and the Game looked *amazing* on first launch, though the FoV seems noticeably narrower than the Odyssey.  Quickly realized my 2080 Ti was getting killed so I'm about to go tweaking.  Looks like the default sampling is too high?  

There is a bug in Steam VR with Reverb G2 default sampling, it is way too high.

Need to lower it to 50% in the global settings. Hopefully Steam will get that fixed soon.

The per application setting is correct at 100%.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dburne said:

There is a bug in Steam VR with Reverb G2 default sampling, it is way too high.

Need to lower it to 50% in the global settings. Hopefully Steam will get that fixed soon.

The per application setting is correct at 100%.

Thanks!!  That was it.  LOL... my default global sampling was at 150%!  With the Odyssey I guess that wasn't much of a problem, as the only time I ever dropped below 90 was on Combat Box over a city with a lot of aircraft.

Dropped it down to 70 first, and just smooth as silk.  And so incredibly beautiful.  I love watching the wings peel gracefully off a Camel.  FOV is a bit tight, but I notice there's already suggested mods to ditch the provided insert and make your own to get the eyes closer to the lenses.  Not going that far, but I'll keep an eye out for after-market inserts for those without glasses to move the lenses closer.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bernard_IV said:

It's in!  Setting up now.

:good:

Congrats and have fun!