Death of Tom Weiss

Very sad to hear. I messaged and emailed Tom quite a few times of the previous years asking for his help creating Checkertail skins in DCS and BoX. He was always helpful and accommodating and created some amazing art. 

A very sad loss to the flight sim community and a great loss of talent too. 

Condolences to the family, Mysticpuma 

• 1CGS

I'm sorry for my late response here. Tom was a very nice guy and a real fan of IL-2. The team is very sad to hear of Tom's passing. We trust he is in a better place now and enjoying the afterlife. Whenever we lose someone in the community it really puts our hobby into perspective. Tom is one of many good people who enjoy our hobby. He will be missed!

:salute:

Jason and the Team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Sad and shocking news! Have so many of his skins, they will remind me of him for many years to come. Guess the best we can do to honour Tom is fly many more sorties in his marvelous skins. Condolences to the family.

Very sad indeed. Tom was a very talented and generous person. His work and attention to detail is magnificent. A great loss to this community.

He has left us with a fabulous legacy in his fine work, in particular for me, his time to create the RAAF skins. 

Thanks Mate, you'll be missed by many people. 

Vale Tom and blue skies.

My condolences to Tom's family and friends. Thanks for all the great work that you put in over the years. I think it's the mark of the man that you won't just be missed by this community but also many others who have been lucky enough to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

• 2 weeks later...

One more bit of sad news in a year that has been full of sadness. I didn’t know the man or really interact with him here but I did admire his work. RIP. 

There have been several long time members who’ve gone AWOL through the years. I always wonder the whys to their disappearances.