Radio comms improvements

Need more radio messages?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Compared to old IL-2 and CoD, there are just a few radio comms messages. Do we need more?

• Definitely
    • No way, that’s enough
    • Don’t care
  2. 2. If yes, which ones?

• Need help
    • Let’s go to the next waypoint (skip the actual WP)
    • Attack AAA
    • Attack tanks
    • Attack fighters
    • Attack bombers
    • Request for home vectoring
    • Request for landing priority
  3. 3. Do we need the possibility to order to more than just one flight

• Nope, I’m not a group commander
    • Yes, I would like to coordinate my attacks

On 11/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, ACG_Konaber said:

Thats why the chaps quicly adapted to 4-channel radio. Check for the "A B C D" box in a Spit e.g.
And as fair as I remebered, BoX already has commands for "Next channel" in the key mapping overview (?)
Would be neat if this would serve a functionallity within the game.

Tuning in would be a big step towards realism.

A decent start in that direction would be  if our "chaps" would give us an ON/OFF switch so that we could decide if having all that repetitive noise was a good idea or not. The AI have access to an ON/OFF switch for the radio, so we know it's there as they use it while going through the start up & shut down routine that we also don't have access to.

So the ability to turn ON, TUNE in and turn OFF would be a really good foundation to build from.

14 hours ago, Pict said:

Tuning in would be a big step towards realism.

A decent start in that direction would be  if our "chaps" would give us an ON/OFF switch so that we could decide if having all that repetitive noise was a good idea or not. The AI have access to an ON/OFF switch for the radio, so we know it's there as they use it while going through the start up & shut down routine that we also don't have access to.

So the ability to turn ON, TUNE in and turn OFF would be a really good foundation to build from.

You can turn the comms off in settings.

13 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

You can turn the comms off in settings.

Wonderful news. I must have missed this little gem being added as I've really not been able to get any serious flying done for some months.

However I looked all over the settings and still don't see it. Got a clue for me?

8 hours ago, Pict said:

Wonderful news. I must have missed this little gem being added as I've really not been able to get any serious flying done for some months.

However I looked all over the settings and still don't see it. Got a clue for me?

It's the commands to increase and decrease the radio volume.

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

It's the commands to increase and decrease the radio volume.

Ah ok thanks, I already have the decrease one bound to one of my joystick buttons since it became available. I'm looking for something that you can just switch the radio off with in one clean hit.

Even better what Gambit appeared to be suggesting, a pre-selectable state where the radio is off prior to flying the mission. I'd like this as apart from the convenience of switching it off once and forgetting about it, my RAM wouldn't get spammed with radio sound files I don't want that cause stutters while they're loading. Which in turn in a QMB airstart is just when you don't want it.