Jump to content

Radio comms improvements


Need more radio messages?  

128 members have voted

  1. 1. Compared to old IL-2 and CoD, there are just a few radio comms messages. Do we need more?

    • Definitely
      118
    • No way, that’s enough
      7
    • Don’t care
      3
  2. 2. If yes, which ones?

    • Need help
      90
    • Let’s go to the next waypoint (skip the actual WP)
      66
    • Attack AAA
      66
    • Attack tanks
      62
    • Attack fighters
      79
    • Attack bombers
      75
    • Request for home vectoring
      95
    • Request for landing priority
      88
  3. 3. Do we need the possibility to order to more than just one flight

    • Nope, I’m not a group commander
      54
    • Yes, I would like to coordinate my attacks
      74


Recommended Posts

On 11/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, ACG_Konaber said:

Thats why the chaps quicly adapted to 4-channel radio. Check for the "A B C D" box in a Spit e.g.
And as fair as I remebered, BoX already has commands for "Next channel" in the key mapping overview (?)
Would be neat if this would serve a functionallity within the game.

Tuning in would be a big step towards realism.

 

A decent start in that direction would be  if our "chaps" would give us an ON/OFF switch so that we could decide if having all that repetitive noise was a good idea or not. The AI have access to an ON/OFF switch for the radio, so we know it's there as they use it while going through the start up & shut down routine that we also don't have access to.

 

So the ability to turn ON, TUNE in and turn OFF would be a really good foundation to build from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pict said:

Tuning in would be a big step towards realism.

 

A decent start in that direction would be  if our "chaps" would give us an ON/OFF switch so that we could decide if having all that repetitive noise was a good idea or not. The AI have access to an ON/OFF switch for the radio, so we know it's there as they use it while going through the start up & shut down routine that we also don't have access to.

 

So the ability to turn ON, TUNE in and turn OFF would be a really good foundation to build from.

 

You can turn the comms off in settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

 

You can turn the comms off in settings.

Wonderful news. I must have missed this little gem being added as I've really not been able to get any serious flying done for some months.

 

However I looked all over the settings and still don't see it. Got a clue for me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pict said:

Wonderful news. I must have missed this little gem being added as I've really not been able to get any serious flying done for some months.

 

However I looked all over the settings and still don't see it. Got a clue for me?

 

It's the commands to increase and decrease the radio volume.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

 

It's the commands to increase and decrease the radio volume.

 Ah ok thanks, I already have the decrease one bound to one of my joystick buttons since it became available. I'm looking for something that you can just switch the radio off with in one clean hit.

 

Even better what Gambit appeared to be suggesting, a pre-selectable state where the radio is off prior to flying the mission. I'd like this as apart from the convenience of switching it off once and forgetting about it, my RAM wouldn't get spammed with radio sound files I don't want that cause stutters while they're loading. Which in turn in a QMB airstart is just when you don't want it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...