Thrustmaster Warthog Profiles for Current WW2 AC

Hey folks:

I have been working on this for a few months, testing, editing, and testing once again, finally got it sort of ready to go.  Read the Intro first, I know its a bit long, but gives you an idea of what is included here.  Essentially, I have taken a basic TARGET profile (template), and modified it for each WW2 aircraft currently in the sim as of 4.501.  What you get for each aircraft is a pdf kneeboard of sorts with all of the key bindings listed for that aircraft in a graphical manner, a corresponding fcf file (the file created by TARGET to load onto your joystick), and a spreadsheet with several different  tabs for default key bindings, my modified key bindings, what keys are in use (and more importantly which ones are not), aircraft specific controls and bindings needed, plane specific info including landing and take-off data, and a unit conversion sheet.  Also included is a pdf of all commands and key bindings NOT otherwise mapped, including flight lead commands, gunner commands, generic aircraft checklists, individual engine controls, camera view commands, and SRS radio key bindings.  This is a system of sorts, hopefully someone will benefit from these.  Just trying to make it a bit easier for folks who may be put off by the dizzying array of options available.

Hit me up if there are any questions.  I have to post these in 2 posts, the pdf files took up a lot of space...

Darkdiz Thrustmaster Target Profiles1.zip

Here is the second file...

Darkdiz Thrustmaster Target Profiles2.zip

EDIT:  Go to my Dec 5 post for the latest update

Edited by WWDarkdiz
Updated zip files
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Updated for 4.502, added Hurricane Mk II, swapped the S1 and S2 functions.

Let me know what you think :)

Darkdiz Thrustmaster Target Profiles1.zip

Difficulty uploading...

One more time...

There are 3 zip files, I'll upload the third on my next post...

Darkdiz Thrustmaster Target Profiles1.zip Darkdiz Thrustmaster Target Profiles2.zip

Issue with the third zip, I'll fix and post when able...

Here it is...

Hope it helps.

Diz

Darkdiz Thrustmaster Target Profiles3.zip

EDIT: Go to the Dec 5 post for the latest update

Edited by WWDarkdiz
Updated zip files
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Darkdiz:

How come no one is responding to your post?  I've been looking for something like this for months and months and months.  Started with Sublogic's Jet.  Have had nearly every exotic controller since including original VR Forte VFX1 (think it is in the crawlspace somewhere).  Lots of games and hardware in between.  But never any good, never enough time.  Twins.  Thank you for investing the time and your knowledge.  Your work brings logic and consistency to the relationship between the game and the interface.  It will still take an investment in time, but I've gone through your remarks, and it makes total sense.  Looking forward to the investment instead of the frustration. 

Paul

PS - not surprised your Canadian.

• Like 1

Thanks eh! ;)

No idea why very few folks have responded, but I actually had a good time figuring out all this stuff, put my training to good use now I'm retired.  So I'm not too fussed.

If you have any questions or queries let me know :)

Most likely because most folks have their profiles built already. I quit using a profile choosing instead to map directly in game.  Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the time, work and effort that you've put into this project, looks very detailed and I'm sure there will be folks using/adapting what you've shared.

• Like 1

I fired the quality control guy...

Couple of errors  in the one or two fcf files, but added LED functions, updated checklist.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Go to the Dec 5 post for the latest update

Edited by WWDarkdiz
Updated zip files
  • Haha 1

Just wanted to say thanks for this - i've always found the fact that we can't assign in-game modifiers in IL-2 a source of frustration - they really need to look at how it's done in DCS. That aside, your profiles have given me a good starting place to finally get to grips with TARGET.

• Like 1

I spent most of yesterday and today flying new AC with these profiles... and finding inevitable bugs with some of them.  Going to post another full update in a day or so

10 hours ago, Skood said:

Just wanted to say thanks for this - i've always found the fact that we can't assign in-game modifiers in IL-2 a source of frustration - they really need to look at how it's done in DCS. That aside, your profiles have given me a good starting place to finally get to grips with TARGET.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, betty11217 said:

Thank you for your troublesome work. thank you very much.

I JUST finished a major update, haven't posted it yet, just need to edit the fcf files, and correct the pdfs.  I added flares, refuel/rearm, and moved some of the controls like pitch hi/low to better controls.  Should be ready in a day or so, maybe later on tonight.

Couldn't figure out how to update OP with new version, so posted here instead.  2 Files, Darkdiz1.zip and Darkdiz2.zip.

Darkdiz1.zip

Darkdiz2.zip

Several functions moved for efficiency and realism (prop hi/low pitch for example), added flares and refuel/rearm maps.  Added SRS maps and config file, my snapviews, Thrustmaster default BOS keymaps ttm and Darkdiz BOS ttm files, and my current.map file (makes it easier to update the necessary key bindings instead of editing them individually.

Enjoy, as always, feedback is welcome :)

Edited by WWDarkdiz
  • Thanks 5

When my Cougar went TU, I had a fairly complicated setup for AH2.  Tried as hard as I could to work it in TARGET, but Foxy was better FOR THE COUGAR.  I found that working with TARGET for the Warthog gives me much more control, layers, and shifted keys, and once I got it figured out, works quite well for what I want it to do.

If you have any questions, just message me directly

Edited by WWDarkdiz
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Should not be an issue.  You will likely have to edit the fcf files, to put null commands for those buttons you choose to map in-game.  Not sure why you would do that though, the end result will be the same, but now you have 2 separate systems running the joystick.  Make sure you still run TARGET, as the game will see the Thrustmaster Combined joystick.  Then map whatever buttons in-game you want to that.

• 1 month later...

Nothing for DCS, FAR too many aircraft there.

After the next BOX update I'll be putting out an updated version, much simpler, more efficient, better maps, smaller download...

• Upvote 1

Let me thank you again for the incredible work done ! It took me 4 week-end just to understand, test, read and adapt your files .....🤪

Edited by Max57
  • 4 weeks later...

WWDarkdiz,

Thanks for your efforts, I was goin to PM but being new it said I was allowed to send 0 messages per day.

I downloaded the files from 12-5-2020 and will try them as soon as I get my new TM WH - throttle, my first one quit working after years of ED.

I was curious if you have updated any more since 12-5-20>

Anyway thanks for the work you have done and I will defiantly post a review.

Anyone know where to go to find a good squadron to join? I haven't flown a prop plane since HIS, but sure I will get back up to speed quickly...

Thanks a lot for this new version and the additional items included in the pack.

Seems that you have by the way answered one of my question: how can we include for snapview with a a toggle mode on hat2 of the Warthog.

Seems you locked this with BSF/BSM buttons, correct ?

Sort of...

Hat 2 gives you the DXHATUP/DN/L/R command, which correspond to the snapviews you setup (or the ones I included, your choice)

The BSF/B merely zooms the view (mapped to the quickview function).  Although not listed on any of the pdfs, when you put the BS back to the middle, it resets your view.

One more thing, the files I uploaded here are for the warthog WITHOUT the Deltasim SC mod.  I use different mappings for the modded throttle (HIGHLY recommended!!!!!)

See the readme for more info.