Game version 4.502 discussion: Hurricane, C-47, Bf-110-E2 in 4K, New G-Effect, Tank Crew and other improvements

Han

2 hours ago, keeno said:

The new pilot G and fatigue modelling are just perfect too.

I concur. Already liked the original model, but it has become even better now. Great patch overall! And of course the Hurri...Having fun recreating some missions against Heinkels to get the BoB feeling of 1940...great fun plane to fly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Ok after testing the hurri in MP and flying against it. Unfortunately I must conclude it turns too good, better than spit and emil, its DM is off, its too tough. Hispanos are too good and 303s too weak. It needs alot of tuning. I know it was 15 bucks but I cant support any bias in life and in the game. Never could and never will.

it was a better turn fighter than the spit and the emil. 303 lack incendiary, u also need to concentrate your fire or mgs do suck, and better with low convergence.
otherwise I need more testing , if anything the SpitVb need tuning more than the huri. (It's def nose heavy and tip stalls too easy)

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
  • Upvote 2

GOA_FirebirdCRI_VR
31 minutes ago, sevenless said:

I concur. Already liked the original model, but it has become even better now. Great patch overall! And of course the Hurri...Having fun recreating some missions against Heinkels to get the BoB feeling of 1940...great fun plane to fly.

Totally agreed, with this new update you feel the pilot stress, and the fatigue when you forced so much the plane for longed action; This new representation of the pilot physiology had a great impact in what immersion means for VR, my jaw are just falling at this point!.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, =RS=Stix_09 said:

it was a better turn fighter than the spit and the emil. 303 lack incendiary, u also need to concentrate your fire or mgs do suck, and better with low convergence.
otherwise I need more testing , if anything the SpitVb need tuning more than the huri. (It's def nose heavy and tip stalls too easy)

There were British 303 incendiary rounds: see this page for some details.  https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/-303-inch/-303-inch-incendiary

What I do not know is how often they were used by the RAF, or if the planes in Soviet service used them at all.

Anyway, no guns in BG  GB (edit :) RPGs on the mind) or FC currently have an incendiary implemented. It is one of the remaining big holes in the realism of the sim, which I expect/hope the devs will get to when they can.

Otherwise I agree with all your comment. 

Edited by unreasonable
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Unfortunately I must conclude it turns too good, better than spit and emil, its DM is off, its too tough. Hispanos are too good and 303s too weak. It needs alot of tuning. I know it was 15 bucks but I cant support any bias in life and in the game. Never could and never will.

"I cant support any bias in life and in the game."

Yeah, too bad life doesn't have a "Refly" button isn't it?

Did Roseann Rosannadanna raise you?

1582624.jpg

JG27_Kornezov
11 hours ago, JG27_M-C said:

Hi!

You body can sustain more G loads therefore it doesn't affect your hearing as much meaning you can hear the buffeting louder. The extra height is a placebo that comes from the louder buffeting sound.

Can this be it?

~S~

PS: @Devs thanks for the update.

Not really, the effect is most annoying at very low speeds.

• Like 1

Well I knew it wouldn't be long before we started seeing posts moaning about the Hurricane... the new call now will be ''Hurri up and fix the Hurri!''

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Ok after testing the hurri in MP and flying against it. Unfortunately I must conclude it turns too good, better than spit and emil, its DM is off, its too tough. Hispanos are too good and 303s too weak.

Wow, by this account the Hurricane is everything it was in real life. Good job team! Don't change a thing! Did the Russians use incindiary rounds in their Hurricanes seems to be the only question which needs answering??? Flew her last night, what an awesome job you have done with her flight modeling and the she looks Beautiful. All of those different armorments/different Mks were well worth the long, long....... LONG wait. Well done gents! 

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Dawson said:

For those who've purchased the Hurricane, is english radio communication available or is it Russian only?

English radio communication is already in the game. You just need to set country of the aircraft to Great Britan.

You can set it using my mission generator for instance: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1

Just finished a mission in my lovely Fw190 A3.

With the updatet G-Force-system it seemed to me, I could withstand quite longer in hard turns now than before.

Thanks for the update, runs smove and keeps the pasion for this sim up👍

And boy the Hurricane is so beautifull...sound of the MerlinXX😁

Edited by easterling77

I only took the Hurricane up for a short spin. Not enough to get a real feel for it but it is a beautiful model inside and out. 

I also took a P-51 out to test its new ability of not shedding its gear doors. I was able to dive in excess of 500mph and not shed parts. I still pulled the elevators off when I reached terminal velocity a couple of times. Not that it mattered as I wasn’t going to pull out of those dives anyway. 

As others have mentioned, the new blackouts are great. More and more, I feel as if I’m really flying. If we could only experience the Gs pulling us down it would be perfect. 

Edited by Rjel
Spelling

3 hours ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

True, the Hurricane was always known to turn better than the Spitfire, and both to turn better than the 109E.

As others have said,  I think the devs have really nailed the qualities the aircraft was known for. It's exactly what I was expecting:  tight turning ability, steady gun platform, more rugged and easier to handle on the ground than the Spitfire, challenged for speed and acceleration. 

3 hours ago, unreasonable said:

There were British 303 incendiary rounds: see this page for some details.  https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/-303-inch/-303-inch-incendiary

What I do not know is how often they were used by the RAF, or if the planes in Soviet service used them at all.

Anyway, no guns in BG or FC currently have an incendiary implemented. It is one of the remaining big holes in the realism of the sim, which I expect/hope the devs will get to when they can.

Otherwise I agree with all your comment. 

I do know there was incendiary, i was pointing out we don't have it in game, not they it was not available.

this is RAF ammo types

https://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=raf_ammunition

Also as we have British and well as Russian hurricanes in game it would have been available in some theatres ,especially Normandy

the hurricane also has the Russian ubs and svak cannons as an option as well as the British guns, so technically we should have it in game if you are making it historically accurate. 

19 hours ago, LukeFF said:

That's the way the real thing flies. :) 

Just look at the size and thickness of the wing. Lots of lift. Not so much speed....

• Thanks 1

StaB/Tomio_VR***

29. USAAF pilots wear G-suits only when piloting P-47D-22, P-51D-15 and P-38J-25 in September 1944 or later;

This is just for the offline campaign right ?

Those planes always have the G-suits if you take them in multiplayer right or date of the mission affect it too ?

9 minutes ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

29. USAAF pilots wear G-suits only when piloting P-47D-22, P-51D-15 and P-38J-25 in September 1944 or later;

This is just for the offline campaign right ?

Those planes always have the G-suits if you take them in multiplayer right or date of the mission affect it too ?

this is coupled to the mission date. Even online.

4 hours ago, Beebop said:

"I cant support any bias in life and in the game."

Yeah, too bad life doesn't have a "Refly" button isn't it?

Did Roseann Rosannadanna raise you?

1582624.jpg

Loving the realism on the forums, this sounds like a report from a real Luftwaffe pilot. "Herr Goering, the Hurricanes turn too good and are too hard to kill. Please have the RAF play fairly."

Flying it extensively on Berloga last night, I was not hard to kill. It is particularly vulnerable to pilot kills it seems. And 109s and 190s can easily turn with you at high speeds. But you can pull some absolutely gnarly knife-fight moves and get rounds into planes that thought they were safe. Got a couple pilot kills with the .303s on 190A-5s like that last night.  After dying a dozen times myself of course.

• Upvote 3

The Hurri is a beautiful to fly platform.  I've been flying it against 109F4's quit successfully - close up the Rad and run her hard to get on top of those 109's but then immediately back off and open up when dancing on their tails.

She takes a beating well too and the sound of the Merlin on flybys - gorgeous.

The new more advanced Pilot Fatigue is great too with the breathing, blurred vision and blackouts.  Recovery and so forth. 

For those with visibility issues, check your settings.  I know in VR some SS values do not play well with the Panel Resolution on my HMD making it hard to spot if I don't dial in the right SS values.  With it right, I can spot well and see far across the maps terrain features that make navigation much easier.

To the Dev's  - Thank you again.

I posted about 12 months ago how we need the Hurricane as it's one of the most historical aircraft of WW2, being used in almost all theatres of the war.

I have to say that the team has done a BRILLIANT job - so much work and attention to detail. This sim (read...your work) never stops amazing me. Really appreciated. THANK YOU and well done. Love it.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hurricane is amazing - I am concerned that it is almost too good, given that I usually fly German.  Turns like a zero and retains E like a 190 or better.  The latter seems odd for such a thick wing.  Not fast, but seems to accelerate from slow to quick enough pretty swiftly.  I set several 109s / 190s on fire with .303s so Incendiary ammo or no, that seems to work. though I also had several where the 109 seemed to soak up the entire load of ammo and kept flying.  Not completely reliable, but still capable.  The Merlin XX with the boost is amazing though.  You really get the boost kick in, audibly and in the seat of the pants.  What was the historical availability and date on this engine?  It will push the Hurri into the mid-war years as a 'mount of choice' quite easily.

2 hours ago, Rjel said:

If we could only experience the Gs pulling us down it would be perfect.

Hire an out of work Sumo wrestler to stand behind you and push down on your shoulders at the appropriate times. 😁

4 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

Wow, by this account the Hurricane is everything it was in real life. Good job team! Don't change a thing! Did the Russians use incindiary rounds in their Hurricanes seems to be the only question which needs answering??? Flew her last night, what an awesome job you have done with her flight modeling and the she looks Beautiful. All of those different armorments/different Mks were well worth the long, long....... LONG wait. Well done gents! 

S!Blade<><

Are you serious? Why on earth brits ever made spitfire since hurricane was so uber plane? Dont make me laugh.

Anyways, both Yak 9s and Hurri are better than any other allied plane prior to Bodenplatte planes. Is this "elephant in the room" or we we will again play "hardcore fans" vs Tvrdi?

If I see things and dont pretend there isnt an "elephant in the room" like most of you so, that doesnt mean I dont support the game. I bought all collector planes!

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Beebop said:

Hire an out of work Sumo wrestler to stand behind you and push down on your shoulders at the appropriate times. 😁

That’s a thought. Orrrrrr I could contact my ex mother-in-law....

• Haha 3

StaB/Tomio_VR***
3 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

this is coupled to the mission date. Even online.

THanks. How can we know if there is no date in the mission description if those G-suit are enabled ?

For example, there is no date on Berloga server i think...

27 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Are you serious? Why on earth brits ever made spitfire since hurricane was so uber plane? Dont make me laugh.

Anyways, both Yak 9s and Hurri are better than any other allied plane prior to Bodenplatte planes. Is this "elephant in the room" or we we will again play "hardcore fans" vs Tvrdi?

If I see things and dont pretend there isnt an "elephant in the room" like most of you so, that doesnt mean I dont support the game. I bought all collector planes!

Wouldn't call it an uber plane. Feels comparatively slow and sluggish and rolls like a brick. 109Es were racing all around me last night, and that's only the AI.

1 hour ago, ACG_PanzerV said:

The Merlin XX with the boost is amazing though.  You really get the boost kick in, audibly and in the seat of the pants.  What was the historical availability and date on this engine?  It will push the Hurri into the mid-war years as a 'mount of choice' quite easily.

The best I've found so far is a date of around "late 1942".

• Thanks 1

Great update!  Many thanks :)

The Hurricane is a work of art.  The Hurricane looks so good, feels so good and sounds so good that I can almost smell Hurricane! 

She looks great in VR and the detailed graphics make that feeling of actually siting in the cockpit, like a real warbird, so immersive.  The sound of the throaty growl from the engine is very atmospheric indeed and I love the way the engine sounds change so well depending on the different power settings.  Also, the sound of the slipstream passing the cockpit and the way those sounds change at different speeds and angles of flight feels so realistic.  The sounds are wonderfully  immersive in the Hurricane, particularly in conjunction with my haptic feedback headphones.  She also feels just great with my force feedback joystick and I love the handling and flying characteristics.  I have the advantage of using a JetPad force feedback seat cushion, driven by SimShaker Wings software, and I must say that the feeling of flying the Hurricane with this equipment providing feedback (to the seat of my pants) from the engine, airframe, control surfaces, weapon systems and undercarriage, together with force feedback joystick effects, is superb. 

I am very glad that IL-2 GB supports VR so well (big thank you for the canted VR display support) and also supports force feedback joysticks and the SimShaker Wings software for the JetPad.  I very much appreciate the way the IL-2 GB team are able to provide each aircraft type with characters of their own that feel very different from each other and so immersive.  I can certainly feel a strong sense of character coming from the new Hurricane model that the team have delivered.  Now I am even more excited about the upcoming Mosquito and the Spitfire XIV with the Griffon engine.

Finally, I have to say that the provision of all the modifications the IL-2 GB team have made available for the Hurricane and the different loadout options that we have been given the option to choose from is just marvellous and greatly appreciated.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Like 3

=/Hospiz/=MetalHead

Looks like lot's of work was put into the new G-load and fatigue system. It is undoubtedly detailed and complex. That's very good.
Sad thing is, that, due to being very forgiving, it seems to be kinda "easy mode" and less realistic, at least compared to my own real-life experience.
The framework is excellent, but exact values should be subject for further tweaking in my honest opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kendo said:

Wouldn't call it an uber plane. Feels comparatively slow and sluggish and rolls like a brick. 109Es were racing all around me last night, and that's only the AI.

Yep it cant follow emil in dive (while emil is in full throttle) and doesnt roll too good, thats fine. It turns great, yeah it was a good turner but.... Im not sure it should turn better then Spit V. Also you need to spend all emil`s cannon ammo to shot down hurricane, at least in most occasions. While with hurri you can bring down 3 emils with hispanos. I know it has 4 cannons but.....Like I said Hurris DM is too tough. They fixed P47s DM (too weak) so I hope they will fix this one too.

1 hour ago, Diggun said:

NURSE!

Stop smoking pot, bloke.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

7 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

Not really, the effect is most annoying at very low speeds.

I just edit my OP. What I was trying to say was more body tolerance to G forces...

Regarding the FM, at this point, I am unable to "feel" differences. One thing is certain...  changes were made to the sound engine. Breathing oxygen sound changed and more important, I have lost the ability to hear an approaching/close aircraft. I always had a hearing glimpse of an engine sound from an aircraft nearby in the past (since I started the game in mid June 2020).

~S~

PS: definitely true about the buffeting at low speeds.

Edited by JG27_M-C

19 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Like I said Hurris DM is too tough. They fixed P47s DM (too weak) so I hope they will fix this one too.

Depends where you hit it.  Remember, the aft part of the fuselage was covered in fabric, with a lot of open space in the inner structure, e.g. Hawker-Hurricane-Cutaway-Drawing.jpg

A comment like that (DM is too tough) is fairly subjective... when testing vs Emil’s I was hit by a single burst of 20mm in the wing and fuselage and I could barely keep her flying.  From the attacker perspective I might have seemed too tough, but in the Hurri it was all I could do to get her to a close airfield and land :).  All about perspective.

• Upvote 4

• Han unpinned this topic